Isn't it true...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Isn't it true...
(18-03-2014 01:54 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 12:17 AM)Charis Wrote:  ahahaha, I would like this 10 times if I could!

Also, regarding the writing aspect, reddit is alive and well. If this board dies out as a medium, there's always the option of having a TTA subreddit. Everyone's got one these days anyway. Big Grin
I bet reddit could shoot this site a load of traffic!

reddit, huh? I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for the tip.
Bowing

http://www.reddit.com/r/pettyrevenge

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-03-2014, 08:02 AM
(18-03-2014 12:16 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Well, here's the thing. This forum is very popular and large as forums go, but it hasn't grown much over the last few years. At around 11,0000 members, it has about twenty who actually use it. Which means most members are simply people who have checked it out and moved on.

Forums can't be used well on phones--and everyone's using phones. I agree, one can express themselves much better in a forum, but no one seems to care about that. These days, few people are good writers, so they really don't care about the capability of forums vs. social media.

I could be wrong about Google + I simply mentioned it. I have an account, and even I don't use it. I just use facebook.

I'm launching a website soon, and I was going to have a forum, but I've abandon the idea. I think forums are old school these days. You know, it used to be newsgroups, then bulletin boards, then msn/yahoo/aol groups, then forums, now social media.

Plus, forums almost cannot be backed up efficiently, and the larger they get, the harder it is. And moving them from one server to another is almost impossible. My guess is, this forum does not have a sister server it backs up to. If the server that hosts it goes down, all is lost forever. I could be wrong, but I bet that's the case.

And back up is everything. If you had to re-make this forum, it wouldn't have 11,000 members. It would have twenty. But then, maybe Seth hires IT guys to back it all up. But that's an expense for a medium that has gray hair these days.

Unlike times I've visted here before, I won't tell you all when my site is up. I'm not trying to market to you. No offense, but I really don't want atheists around me online these days. I'm just here to talk I.T.

My agenda? None. I'm just bored. Drinking Beverage

Pretty much everything you've said is mostly wrong.

Backing up a forum is easy - it's very few files and a database.

The forum was recently moved to a new server.

IT is all voluntary - mostly DeepThought.

You are a delusional ignoramus.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-03-2014, 04:07 PM
(17-03-2014 02:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Somebody frisk this guy... Dodgy

(17-03-2014 08:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 05:36 AM)bemore Wrote:  Sounds like you have an agenda up your sleeve G Dodgy

He always does. Drinking Beverage

(18-03-2014 12:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 12:16 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Unlike times I've visted here before, I won't tell you all when my site is up. I'm not trying to market to you. No offense, but I really don't want atheists around me online these days. I'm just here to talk I.T.

Yet here you are,
Again.

Still have the irrational fear of atheism, I see.
I see you've never actually LOOKED at the number of people online.

Is that you Eddie? Goddam where you been, brother. I'm still waiting on that horoscope reading.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
18-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Wink RE: Isn't it true...

Don't worry, if it crashes Woof is here to take over the reigns.....Sleepy
18-03-2014, 04:41 PM
(18-03-2014 12:16 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Well, here's the thing. This forum is very popular and large as forums go, but it hasn't grown much over the last few years. At around 11,0000 members, it has about twenty who actually use it. Which means most members are simply people who have checked it out and moved on.

Forums can't be used well on phones--and everyone's using phones. I agree, one can express themselves much better in a forum, but no one seems to care about that. These days, few people are good writers, so they really don't care about the capability of forums vs. social media.

I could be wrong about Google + I simply mentioned it. I have an account, and even I don't use it. I just use facebook.

I'm launching a website soon, and I was going to have a forum, but I've abandon the idea. I think forums are old school these days. You know, it used to be newsgroups, then bulletin boards, then msn/yahoo/aol groups, then forums, now social media.

Plus, forums almost cannot be backed up efficiently, and the larger they get, the harder it is. And moving them from one server to another is almost impossible. My guess is, this forum does not have a sister server it backs up to. If the server that hosts it goes down, all is lost forever. I could be wrong, but I bet that's the case.

And back up is everything. If you had to re-make this forum, it wouldn't have 11,000 members. It would have twenty. But then, maybe Seth hires IT guys to back it all up. But that's an expense for a medium that has gray hair these days.

Unlike times I've visted here before, I won't tell you all when my site is up. I'm not trying to market to you. No offense, but I really don't want atheists around me online these days. I'm just here to talk I.T.

Well, besides from the fact that there are obviously more than 20 people who post frequently, I don't really give a crap how many people post here. Although 1 or 2 less wouldn't be too bad...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
18-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey Gordon, how's it going?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man