Isn't the bible poorly written?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Isn't the bible poorly written?
After reading the bible, I can only say I'm left confused as it's all down to interpretation.

I struggle with finding out whether something is this or that since it some pages after says the opposite thing.

How can someone who studies it for years and gets a phd in this and claim to understand more of the bible than a normal guy who just read it once when it's impossible to comprehend it.

I give the bible 1/10, it's almost as good as twilight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Typho2k's post
12-08-2015, 06:31 AM
RE: Isn't the bible poorly written?
I think it only impossible/hard to comprehend when one think about it as word of merciful god, filled with some kind of heavenly wisdom. Otherwise it's just book written with particular audience in mind, edited and changed with part's that don't fit with each other.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-08-2015, 06:33 AM
(12-08-2015 06:23 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  After reading the bible, I can only say I'm left confused as it's all down to interpretation.

I struggle with finding out whether something is this or that since it some pages after says the opposite thing.

How can someone who studies it for years and gets a phd in this and claim to understand more of the bible than a normal guy who just read it once when it's impossible to comprehend it.

Oh please.

We all know the Bibal is worse than Twilight, at least when it comes to structure. I mean, I haven't read it, but I don't think Twilight presented two different openings one after another.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Well it is not one book, such as The Iliad. The bible is a bunch of writings thrown together seemingly at random. Then later edited to the point where entire books were added and thrown away. It's a mess.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Even reading individual books is difficult and at several times mindbogglingly boring, to read Leviticus takes some serious willpower. I'd bet twilight is a better written book compared to each bible book individually.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
12-08-2015, 06:50 AM
I read the bible, kind of, a few years back. And yes it was the most tedious book I have ever picked up. I skipped a fair bit of it either due to endless people begetting other people or the sheer level of violence and genocide. But I did find some comedy gold in there also. Like the guy who lies in shit for 40 odd days or so. I had Monty Python style sketches playing out in my head many times. In fact that was the only thing that kept me going.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
12-08-2015, 08:01 AM
(12-08-2015 06:23 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  After reading the bible, I can only say I'm left confused as it's all down to interpretation.

I don't know. I tried to read it cover to cover but found it so excruciatingly boring I couldn't even get through the first chapter.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
12-08-2015, 08:08 AM
(12-08-2015 06:50 AM)Eva Wrote:  I read the bible, kind of, a few years back. And yes it was the most tedious book I have ever picked up. I skipped a fair bit of it either due to endless people begetting other people or the sheer level of violence and genocide. But I did find some comedy gold in there also. Like the guy who lies in shit for 40 odd days or so. I had Monty Python style sketches playing out in my head many times. In fact that was the only thing that kept me going.

If you think lying in shit for 40 days was comedy gold you should read the part about where a guy is commanded by God to bake all his food using human shit for the fire for over a year its in Ezekiel chapter 4 verses 9-12

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
12-08-2015, 08:12 AM

It's one gigantic political cut and paste job.
When in doubt, think "Which of the priest factions put this here, and who were they trying to slam".

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-08-2015, 08:15 AM
(12-08-2015 08:08 AM)Worom Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 06:50 AM)Eva Wrote:  I read the bible, kind of, a few years back. And yes it was the most tedious book I have ever picked up. I skipped a fair bit of it either due to endless people begetting other people or the sheer level of violence and genocide. But I did find some comedy gold in there also. Like the guy who lies in shit for 40 odd days or so. I had Monty Python style sketches playing out in my head many times. In fact that was the only thing that kept me going.

If you think lying in shit for 40 days was comedy gold you should read the part about where a guy is commanded by God to bake all his food using human shit for the fire for over a year its in Ezekiel chapter 4 verses 9-12

That must have been a part I skipped. What's the deal with Yaweh and shit? He is one weird, sick SoB.

[Image: Ezikielbread.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais