Isn't the bible poorly written?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Isn't the bible poorly written?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!Laugh out load

That's a new one, "The Argument from Etymology".

Well done, Christard! Well done. No

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 10:07 PM
(12-08-2015 08:56 PM)Piet Stassen Wrote:  The DVD 'Evolution's Achilles Heels' just goes to again reiterate and confirm the principle that an Intelligent Designer, Jesus Christ, had made the Universe and everything in it 'ex nihilo' out of nothing.
Excuse my ignorance but Yeshua's mother certainly hadn't been born before the Earth became inhabitable and that was 10 billion years after the big bang. Which means Yeshua hadn't been conceived or born or anything either.

So how did...?

Ah, never mind. Carry on...
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
12-08-2015, 10:09 PM
(12-08-2015 08:56 PM)Piet Stassen Wrote:  The DVD 'Evolution's Achilles Heels' just goes to again reiterate and confirm the principle that an Intelligent Designer, Jesus Christ, had made the Universe and everything in it 'ex nihilo' out of nothing. The word 'Universe' i.e. 'uni + verse' actually means 'A single spoken sentence'.
The irony of the matter is that, the more I try to understand the atheist-evolutionists' position, the more the channel 'National Geographic' (Channel 181 on DSTV) and NG Wild (Channel 182 on DSTV) intervenes with programmes (and narrators!) that underwrite and support the Biblical Creation Record in Genesis, i.e. Creationism and Intelligent Design. Glad to see that 'National Geographic' has finally seen the Light.
The atheist-evolutionists' have a serious problem, i.e. how dumb, brainless and random 'Evolution' could have made this ('visible') Universe spontaneously, according to present knowledge, approx. 30 billion light-years in diameter, 'ex nihilo' out of NOTHING, but today cannot even fold a little paper-airplane 30 centimeters in length out of SOMETHING.

Kind regards,
Piet Stassen
South Africa.

I still love that he uses "The Argument from Etymology". That will never stop making me laugh.

Seriously, what's the deal with them ALL using that term, "a problem for evolution"?

Is it on, like, a Talking Points Bulletin they all get in the mail?

Do they masturbate to imaginary confused scientists telling each other, "Oh man, this is a Problem. Everyone, stop your research, we have a real problem here!"?

I know I sound like I'm being facetious, but I'm quite serious. Why do their little masturbatory fantasies not only involve so much (obvious and demonstratably-false) misinformation, but the repeated phrase, "a problem"? Do they think if they just keep saying it, it will become true? Do they not realize that even if it is something they correctly identify as not known to science yet, that we don't see that as a problem but an opportunity for research (and PhDs!!) in that field?

What the fuckover?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 10:23 PM
No sign of the programs to which he claims to refer... could it be that we have another lying Creationist on here? What. A. Shocker.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/ch...ule/daily/

I did, however, find that DVD available on a Creationist website:
http://creation.com/evolutions-achilles-heels

No, I'm not being mean in calling you a liar... a search of National Geographic's website shows that they don't show that program:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/search...illes+heel

Indeed, a search for the terms "Creationism" and "Creationist" yield zero results in any way favorable to those entities, with articles appearing that show instead that Creationists are liars and charlatans:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/search/?q=creationism
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/search/?q=creationist

Again, what a surprise.

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Speaking of trollolol....

(12-08-2015 08:56 PM)Piet Stassen Wrote:  The DVD 'Evolution's Achilles Heels' just goes to again reiterate and confirm the principle that an Intelligent Designer, Jesus Christ, had made the Universe and everything in it 'ex nihilo' out of nothing. The word 'Universe' i.e. 'uni + verse' actually means 'A single spoken sentence'.

Well ladies and gentlemen, the horses are right out of the gate, and one has already collapsed in a heap of diarrhoea.

Universe actually comes from the Old French term univers, which was itself derived from the Latin universum, meaning 'all things', 'everybody', 'all people', or 'the whole world'. Universum itself being a noun form of universus , meaning 'all together', 'all in one', 'whole', 'entire', or 'relating to all', the word coming from the words unus meaning one, and versus, the past participle of vertere, meaning 'to turn'. [As per the Online Etymology Dictionary]

(12-08-2015 08:56 PM)Piet Stassen Wrote:  The irony of the matter is that, the more I try to understand the atheist-evolutionists' position, the more the channel 'National Geographic' (Channel 181 on DSTV) and NG Wild (Channel 182 on DSTV) intervenes with programmes (and narrators!) that underwrite and support the Biblical Creation Record in Genesis, i.e. Creationism and Intelligent Design. Glad to see that 'National Geographic' has finally seen the Light.

I did a quick look on Nat Geo for creationist 'media', but all I could find were, in order on the first five links, a NG article interviewing Bill Nye about his book Undeniable, a paywalled article called Was Darwin Wrong asking how well Darwin's work has stood through time, an article called Science and Religion Can Coexist, Scientists Say about the conflict between science and religion (here's a fun excerpt "One would be hard pressed to find a legitimate scientist today who does not believe in evolution. As laid out in a cover story in the November issue of National Geographic magazine, the scientific evidence for evolution is overwhelming."), another article titled "Why Do Many Reasonable People Doubt Science?" discussing things like the persistence of flat-earthers and water fluoridation distrust, and a creation.com rebuttal piece titled "National Geographic Claims if creationists are at war with science".

I think this is a good representative sample of a lack of Nat Geo endorsing creationism; I found no instances, even two Google pages down.

(12-08-2015 08:56 PM)Piet Stassen Wrote:  The atheist-evolutionists' have a serious problem, i.e. how dumb, brainless and random 'Evolution' could have made this ('visible') Universe spontaneously, according to present knowledge, approx. 30 billion light-years in diameter, 'ex nihilo' out of NOTHING, but today cannot even fold a little paper-airplane 30 centimeters in length out of SOMETHING.

Kind regards,
Piet Stassen
South Africa.

Yet more classic ignorance of what evolution actually is. This piffle is written as though the writer things evolution were as a god; an actual entity given to creating things.
While this apparent misinterpretation of a process as an entity is amusing, it's doubly so when one remembers that their god supposedly did exactly as final sentence charged; made the universe out of nothing, and today cannot so much as create a paper plane if given the paper.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
12-08-2015, 10:29 PM
In case you're not a drive-by poster, Piet, try this on for size:

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index...-nonsense/

12-08-2015, 10:47 PM
(12-08-2015 10:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Speaking of trollolol....

Well ladies and gentlemen, the horses are right out of the gate, and one has already collapsed in a heap of diarrhoea.

Universe actually comes from the Old French term univers, which was itself derived from the Latin universum, meaning 'all things', 'everybody', 'all people', or 'the whole world'. Universum itself being a noun form of universus , meaning 'all together', 'all in one', 'whole', 'entire', or 'relating to all', the word coming from the words unus meaning one, and versus, the past participle of vertere, meaning 'to turn'. [As per the Online Etymology Dictionary]

I didn't even bother with that one, since I figured it was obvious, and it would have ruined my "Argument from Etymology" joke. Tongue

Still, I suppose I shouldn't have let that one stand, either.

In the Age of Google, why do they still believe they can come on here and just flat-out LIE? Please someone help me understand!!!

Do they think lying is okay if they fool enough people?

Do they think God wants them to lie as long as the lies are attacking nonbelievers?

Do they think if people are gullible enough to just swallow the lies, then they're ideal candidates for the faith?

Do they not even realize they're lying because if they fact-checked by habit, they wouldn't be Christards in the first place?

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 10:54 PM
(12-08-2015 10:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 10:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Speaking of trollolol....

I didn't even bother with that one, since I figured it was obvious, and it would have ruined my "Argument from Etymology" joke. Tongue

Still, I suppose I shouldn't have let that one stand, either.

In the Age of Google, why do they still believe they can come on here and just flat-out LIE? Please someone help me understand!!!

Do they think lying is okay if they fool enough people?

Do they think God wants them to lie as long as the lies are attacking nonbelievers?

Do they think if people are gullible enough to just swallow the lies, then they're ideal candidates for the faith?

Do they not even realize they're lying because if they fact-checked by habit, they wouldn't be Christards in the first place?

Lying is okay, so long as it's for Jesus.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-08-2015, 12:55 AM
(12-08-2015 07:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually, my favorite quotation from the Bible is also in Ecclesiastes, the first chapter, verse 18:

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow." (NKJV)

There would be much grief amongst priests if their flock would suddenly became more knowledgeable, so i guess this quote have it right Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-08-2015, 02:19 AM
The irony of the matter is that, the more I try to understand the atheist-evolutionists' position, the more the channel 'National Geographic' (Channel 181 on DSTV) and NG Wild (Channel 182 on DSTV) intervenes with programmes (and narrators!) that underwrite and support the Biblical Creation Record in Genesis, i.e. Creationism and Intelligent Design. Glad to see that 'National Geographic' has finally seen the Light.
The atheist-evolutionists' have a serious problem, i.e. how dumb, brainless and random 'Evolution' could have made this ('visible') Universe spontaneously, according to present knowledge, approx. 30 billion light-years in diameter, 'ex nihilo' out of NOTHING, but today cannot even fold a little paper-airplane 30 centimeters in length out of SOMETHING.

Kind regards,
Piet Stassen
South Africa.

What the fuckity fuck?
If you're going to post in a thread, at least be moderately on topic.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post