Isn't this just too sad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Isn't this just too sad?
[Image: theatheist.jpg]

From http://www.postsecret.com

"Never underestimate how narrow-minded, petty and stupid people can be". Mark Fulton, forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 05:46 PM

RE: Isn't this just too sad?
Well, it certainly is a unique art project.
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
It is sad. I'm very much a grown up and I'm not "out" at all to anyone I know here in the Bible Belt. Sucks.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-06-2011, 07:22 PM
(08-06-2011 09:57 AM)Cubic Bubbles Wrote:  [Image: theatheist.jpg]

From http://www.postsecret.com

I'm not sure if I should pursue legal action in regards to my picture being used on that poster.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
(08-06-2011 06:25 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  It is sad. I'm very much a grown up and I'm not "out" at all to anyone I know here in the Bible Belt. Sucks.

I feel the same.
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 08:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-06-2011 08:03 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(08-06-2011 06:25 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  It is sad. I'm very much a grown up and I'm not "out" at all to anyone I know here in the Bible Belt. Sucks.

I feel the same.

Why do we feel like we need to "out" or otherwise spread the realization that the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is bullshit? When I first realized it (some 30 odd years ago now) I didn't feel the need to "out" it. On the contrary, I felt then as I do now that the only ones who need to know are the ones who ask.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-06-2011, 09:02 PM
(08-06-2011 08:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why do we feel like we need to "out" or otherwise spread the realization that the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is bullshit? When I first realized it (some 30 odd years ago now) I didn't feel the need to "out" it. On the contrary, I felt then as I do now that the only ones who need to know are the ones who ask.

I don't feel the need to "out" myself per se. The thing I hate is that I have to hide my true feelings/beliefs on a regular basis. It really sucks to have to constantly pretend you're something you're not, to always have to grit your teeth or bite your tongue.

This was never a problem when I lived in the Northeast for 30 some years of my life. It's since I've moved to the BB that it's become an issue.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-06-2011, 09:15 PM
(08-06-2011 09:02 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  It really sucks to have to constantly pretend you're something you're not, to always have to grit your teeth or bite your tongue.

Yeah ... let go of that and Smile! Smile! Smile!

08-06-2011, 09:27 PM
(08-06-2011 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah ... let go of that and Smile! Smile! Smile!

I'd love to, but I kinda need a job. Wink

09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
(08-06-2011 09:27 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(08-06-2011 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah ... let go of that and Smile! Smile! Smile!

I'd love to, but I kinda need a job. Wink

Jesus Christos! That's a job requirement? God help you.

Check out USA Jobs and see if you can find a Government job quick. No discrimination based on religious beliefs (or the lack thereof) allowed. They're not even allowed to ask. ... Or move back here to saner territory. Wink