Isn't this just too sad?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2011, 05:57 PM
RE: Isn't this just too sad?
(09-06-2011 05:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Or move back here to saner territory. Wink

That is on the to-do list and has been for some time. Wink Just waiting for the husband to finish up school. I'm from the Northeast but will probably not go back there. Too much cold and snow! I'd rather have winter all year though than listen to BB'ers.

I guess I wouldn't say it's a job requirement, because no one has ever said it. I do know, though, that were my boss to find out that I'm an atheist it would not go over well AT ALL. I'm already not a favorite and that would probably be the final straw. Even if I didn't get fired (I know that's illegal but you know, they could make up any reason they want) I'm sure that my life would be made so miserable that I'd be forced out.

Counting the days...where you from, Girlyman?

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 07:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Isn't this just too sad?
(09-06-2011 05:57 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Counting the days...where you from, Girlyman?

The People's Republic of Maryland. Wink

(09-06-2011 05:57 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  I do know, though, that were my boss to find out that I'm an atheist it would not go over well AT ALL.

Yeah, I'd save my livelihood and not let them know. But instead of biting my lip or gritting my teeth I'd try smiling benignly at their naivety. ... Just be careful not to smirk. That makes them suspicious.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply