Israel/Capitalism and good ole blood diamonds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Israel/Capitalism and good ole blood diamonds
Oh, and by the way- Israel is a social-democracy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes shiranl's post
03-12-2012, 05:24 PM
(03-12-2012 04:58 PM)shiranl Wrote:  You know, it isn't mandatory to join the KPCS. Why should we join it, and co-found it, and be the chair state of it, and at the same time find "loppholes"?

And btw, Israel buys uncut diamonds and then cut them, and then sells them.
The money we're gaining is from the actual process of cutting the diamonds. So I really doubt we're buying them cut. And if we do- we're only allowed to buy diamonds from the countries which are members in KPCS.
Which means- you're talking bullshit. Even what Israel does right you attacking? do you have a real life?
In my life in the past few seconds I found this article
http://rabble.ca/news/2012/05/israels-bl...il-society

The article clearly refers to the loophole I was referring to. The Kimberly Process only refers to uncut diamonds, allowing Israel and other countries to profit off of the brutal side of the diamond industry that is tied to the cutting and polishing of the diamonds.

Again you show you know nothing of your own country.

next
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Since the allegations were made by the "Russell Tribunal on Palestine" and not by, lets say, Global Witness (which left the scheme from reasons that do not concern Israel at all), I would say it is a more sticking-it-to-Israel issue then reducing-blood-diamonds issue, which makes me doubt those allegations has something to do with reality.

Also, that article you just brought me- it's an opinion article, not a report article.
[+] 2 users Like shiranl's post
04-12-2012, 08:35 AM
(04-12-2012 08:06 AM)shiranl Wrote:  Since the allegations were made by the "Russell Tribunal on Palestine" and not by, lets say, Global Witness (which left the scheme from reasons that do not concern Israel at all), I would say it is a more sticking-it-to-Israel issue then reducing-blood-diamonds issue, which makes me doubt those allegations has something to do with reality.

Also, that article you just brought me- it's an opinion article, not a report article.
Does the kimberly process regulate the cutting and polishing process? yes or no

Of course it doesn't and you know it doesn't. The cutting and polishing process is filled with mistreatment of africans and is connected to many abuses by groups in africa, and Israel feasts on this abuse and makes billions of dollars on the diamond industry.

Why does Israel love profiting off of human abuses?
04-12-2012, 08:59 AM
So you imply we abuse Africans in Israel during the process of cutting and polishing? cause, you know, the process of cutting and polishing is done IN ISRAEL, not in Africa, IN ISRAEL.
04-12-2012, 09:26 AM
(04-12-2012 08:59 AM)shiranl Wrote:  So you imply we abuse Africans in Israel during the process of cutting and polishing? cause, you know, the process of cutting and polishing is done IN ISRAEL, not in Africa, IN ISRAEL.
right and the diamonds are not cut when they are shipped to Israel? making them rough diamonds. This means Israel gets to import rough diamonds, cut and polish them before dealing them around the world thus managing to take advantage of the loophole in the kimberly process.

And the kimberly process definition of blood diamond only refers to rebel groups that benefit from the diamond mining and attempt to overthrow or start wars with other governments. Any and all other abuses like low wages, abusive work places, unsafe mine work, child labor in mines is not against the kimberly process policies.

Again, your attempts to make Israel look good fall short. Israel profits from a business that uses child labor, abusive work practices and unsafe work practices.

This isn't surprising, the Zionist movement early on considered using part of Uganda to settle and form their "pure jewish state" Zionism is an imperialist racist organization that profits off of and thrives off of oppressing other people and profiting off of that oppression.

I am not surprised that you care nothing about anyone that isn't white and european like yourself.
04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,...62,00.html

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=169876

Yes. And those rough diamonds, which come from Africa to Israel, are KP certified. Are you suggesting that during the shippments from Africa to Israel the diamonds change their origin?
And you're wrong. KPCS refers blood diamonds as trade of diamonds which benefits rebel groups and human rights abuse. Last time I heard- child labor is defined as human rights abuse.

Israel riches international criteria for fighting against blood diamonds as required by the KPCS. You think this criteria should be changed, but someohow blame only Israel for not riching your opinion about the criteria. Hypocritical much?
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Shiranl, just leave him alone.
He is purposely doing this because this is how he sits in his moms basement wacking off, getting off on trolling some Jew.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-12-2012, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 03:50 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(04-12-2012 09:26 AM)I and I Wrote:  right and the diamonds are not cut when they are shipped to Israel? making them rough diamonds. This means Israel gets to import rough diamonds, cut and polish them before dealing them around the world thus managing to take advantage of the loophole in the kimberly process.

And the kimberly process definition of blood diamond only refers to rebel groups that benefit from the diamond mining and attempt to overthrow or start wars with other governments. Any and all other abuses like low wages, abusive work places, unsafe mine work, child labor in mines is not against the kimberly process policies.

Again, your attempts to make Israel look good fall short. Israel profits from a business that uses child labor, abusive work practices and unsafe work practices.

This isn't surprising, the Zionist movement early on considered using part of Uganda to settle and form their "pure jewish state" Zionism is an imperialist racist organization that profits off of and thrives off of oppressing other people and profiting off of that oppression.

I am not surprised that you care nothing about anyone that isn't white and european like yourself.

So Israel is in Europe now? Have you notified them of their move?

In your crazy, conspiracy-theory-addled delusions, you believe that it's possible for KP certified diamonds to not be really KP certified? Because they're KP certified ON THEIR WAY INTO ISRAEL. Just because someone in Israel cuts them, doesn't make them stop being originally KP certified before the cutting.

If your accusation is that the Kimberly Process cannot be trusted, then that's a bigger issue than whether or not Israelis are exploiting African diamond labor. But that isn't what you're saying, so get your story straight.

Finally, even if some guy (or a few guys) in Israel circumvents the KP certification and buys blood diamonds and then cuts them and sells them through this perceived loophole, that doesn't mean the whole country of Israel "profits from a business that uses child labor, abusive work practices and unsafe work practices". Even if you could prove that some Israeli jewelers are guilty of purchasing blood diamonds, which I am sure that you cannot, how do you turn that into a blanket accusation of the whole country?

Frankly, I'm starting to think you're an idiot.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
04-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:Frankly, I'm starting to think you're an idiot.

You're an idiot for just coming to this realization. Tongue

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]