Israel prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Israel prophecy
Hello its been kinda long since I posted here But I have a friend who claimed that the bible has prophecy's about Israel becoming a nation again. I looked it up but I found the verses the supposedly predicted it but they were rather vague. now my friend claim its detailed and all. But if this is true Is the bible the word of god?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: Israel prophecy
What ?
You really can't think ?

1. Omen reading and divination were forbidden. "Prophecy" was not about prediction of specific events. The role of a prophet was to interpret the will of Yahweh to the people of their own time.

2. If one reads (incorrectly) that a prediction was that the State of Israel was to be re-established, it's wrong. The claim was that the KINGDOM (not a democratic, multicultural state, which is what there is) would be re-established, BY THE MESSIAH, and that the temple would be rebuilt. The messiah was a dud/flop, and there ain't no temple. So sad. Too bad.

Tell your "friend" to get a life.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-03-2017, 11:30 AM
(19-03-2017 11:18 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Hello its been kinda long since I posted here But I have a friend who claimed that the bible has prophecy's about Israel becoming a nation again. I looked it up but I found the verses the supposedly predicted it but they were rather vague. now my friend claim its detailed and all. But if this is true Is the bible the word of god?

To a Jewish way of thinking, self fulfillment of prophecy is valid fulfillment, and miracles are just totally naturally occuring events. These are Jewish prophecies, so I think a solid understanding of Jewish thought is critical in interpreting our prophecy.

It need not be seen strictly from a wooy perspective.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Whats with the insults.
[+] 1 user Likes sneroul the thinker's post
19-03-2017, 11:33 AM
(19-03-2017 11:30 AM)Aliza Wrote:  To a Jewish way of thinking, self fulfillment of prophecy is valid fulfillment, and miracles are just totally naturally occurring events.

Exactly.
This is precisely what we were taught at my Ivy League joint
... a perfectly natural event "in which the hand of God is seen to be working", BY BELIEVERS.
A non-believer can see the same event, and see nothing unusual.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-03-2017, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2017 05:11 PM by jennybee.)
No. I posted about this before on here, so just cutting and pasting. Wink

Isaiah 66 is referring to the exiled Israelites return from Babylon in 538 BCE and not to 1948 Israel. From the Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges Commentary:

"The sudden repopulation of the city by her children. The figure is taken from ch. Isaiah 49:17-21, Isaiah 54:1; the fact set forth being the instantaneous return of the exiled Israelites, by which, without effort, the poor and struggling Jewish community becomes at once a great nation."

Third Isaiah (there is a section of the book referred to as "Third") talks about the restoration after Babylonian captivity.

Also, how much trust are you going to put in a guy (Isaiah) who believed God told him to walk around nekkid for three years*:

Isaiah 20:

"In the year the general sent by Sargon, king of Assyria, came to Ashdod, fought against it, and captured it—at that time the Lord had spoken through Isaiah, the son of Amoz: Go and take off the sackcloth from your waist, and remove the sandals from your feet. This he did, walking naked and barefoot. Then the Lord said: Just as my servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and portent against Egypt and Ethiopia, so shall the king of Assyria lead away captives from Egypt, and exiles from Ethiopia, young and old, naked and barefoot, with buttocks uncovered, the shame of Egypt."

*The Book of Isaiah was not written just by one person named Isaiah, even though some Christians like to believe that it was.
19-03-2017, 12:26 PM
It's true and bable is word of god. Happy now?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Its also the words of an Sms translator https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...able&hl=en
19-03-2017, 12:34 PM
(19-03-2017 11:32 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Whats with the insults.

You CONSTANTLY, (despite, apparently the claim you're a *thinker*) come here and ask atheists to think for you.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-03-2017, 12:43 PM
No I simply ask for your opinion,I do it on all kinds of forums.