Israel prophecy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: Israel prophecy
No I simply ask for your opinion,I do it on all kinds of forums Christian,Muslim,hindu and so forth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2017, 01:00 PM
(19-03-2017 11:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What ?
You really can't think ?

(19-03-2017 12:26 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's true and bable is word of god. Happy now?

(19-03-2017 11:32 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Whats with the insults.
I second that last question. Why the targeted personal insults in response to a reasonable and politely posed question? I don't have either the knowledge or the interest to answer the original question, but it seems like those who do could answer without adding "You're an idiot for even asking." I get that the forum rules allow that kind of response, but why do it?
19-03-2017, 01:04 PM
(19-03-2017 01:00 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 11:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What ?
You really can't think ?

(19-03-2017 12:26 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's true and bable is word of god. Happy now?

(19-03-2017 11:32 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Whats with the insults.
I second that last question. Why the targeted personal insults in response to a reasonable and politely posed question? I don't have either the knowledge or the interest to answer the original question, but it seems like those who do could answer without adding "You're an idiot for even asking." I get that the forum rules allow that kind of response, but why do it?

Maybe look through the thread before you charge to defend virtuous OP from unworthy scoundrels?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-03-2017, 01:22 PM
(19-03-2017 01:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Maybe look through the thread
I did, as well as looking back at other posts by the same guy. I saw nothing justifying this hostility.

(19-03-2017 01:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  before you charge to defend virtuous OP from unworthy scoundrels?
I did not charge to defend anybody, I asked a polite question. Again, why all the hostility?
19-03-2017, 01:25 PM
(19-03-2017 12:46 PM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  No I simply ask for your opinion,I do it on all kinds of forums Christian,Muslim,hindu and so forth.

Well, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. The biblical writers were not talking about 1948 Israel. People who subscribe to the 1948 Israel prophecy mindset are taking biblical passages completely out of context. The biblical writers were talking about the goings on in their time--not events in 1948 and beyond.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-03-2017, 01:28 PM
(19-03-2017 01:22 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 01:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Maybe look through the thread
I did, as well as looking back at other posts by the same guy. I saw nothing justifying this hostility.

(19-03-2017 01:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  before you charge to defend virtuous OP from unworthy scoundrels?
I did not charge to defend anybody, I asked a polite question. Again, why all the hostility?

It's not hostility but answer that OP question deserves. Maybe look again in his posting history. Or this suggestion is too hostile?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:Maybe look again in his posting history.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-03-2017, 01:41 PM
(19-03-2017 01:28 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's not hostility but answer that OP question deserves.
It is hostility. Whether that hostility is also deserved is your opinion.
(19-03-2017 01:28 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Maybe look again in his posting history. Or this suggestion is too hostile?
No, it's not too hostile, but it's also not witty, biting sarcasm if that was the intent.

This kind of "anyone who doesn't agree with me in every particular is an idiot and deserves open contempt" is, IMO, as bad when it comes from atheists as from theists. It's what made real discussion in the Amazon forum almost impossible. I hope it isn't the same here.
19-03-2017, 01:50 PM
(19-03-2017 11:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 11:30 AM)Aliza Wrote:  To a Jewish way of thinking, self fulfillment of prophecy is valid fulfillment, and miracles are just totally naturally occurring events.

Exactly.
This is precisely what we were taught at my Ivy League joint
... a perfectly natural event "in which the hand of God is seen to be working", BY BELIEVERS.
A non-believer can see the same event, and see nothing unusual.

It would certainly be the first and only time that a UN resolution was ever given the status of "divinity."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-03-2017, 01:52 PM
(19-03-2017 01:41 PM)John Derderian Wrote:  It is hostility. Whether that hostility is also deserved is your opinion.

This being hostility is just your opinion not fact.

You feel that I'm hostile - tough shit.

Quote:No, it's not too hostile, but it's also not witty, biting sarcasm if that was the intent.

I'm glad that this wasn't too hostile for you. And sarcasm wasn't my intent, were it was then it certainly would be biting.

Quote:This kind of "anyone who doesn't agree with me in every particular is an idiot and deserves open contempt" is, IMO, as bad when it comes from atheists as from theists. It's what made real discussion in the Amazon forum almost impossible. I hope it isn't the same here.

This kind of playing white knight defending poor OP from imagined hostility isn't something that I find good thing to do. Good discussion require effort on both sides, I see none in OP. Even if prophecies were about future despite what Bucky write time and time again assumption that one good guess make Bible word of god would be asinine and worthy of nothing more than laugh.

Mikhail Bakunin.