Israeli/U.S. censorship of google earth.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Israeli/U.S. censorship of google earth.
Has anyone recently did a google earth search on Israel? Go do a satellite image google earth search on Jerusalem and then do it for any other city in the world.....notice the difference?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2386907,00.asp

Google earth in conjunction with a U.S. defense act mandates that google earth of Jerusalem be highly pixelated relative to any other city around the world. The link above explains why the U.S. and Israel feel the need to pixelate it's country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: Israeli/U.S. censorship of google earth.
(03-04-2013 11:15 AM)I and I Wrote:  Has anyone recently did a google earth search on Israel? Go do a satellite image google earth search on Jerusalem and then do it for any other city in the world.....notice the difference?

Google earth in conjunction with a U.S. defense act mandates that google earth of Jerusalem be highly pixelated relative to any other city around the world. The link above explains why the U.S. and Israel feel the need to pixelate it's country.

It is not the only place on earth with lower resolution imaging.

Your point?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
(03-04-2013 11:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 11:15 AM)I and I Wrote:  Has anyone recently did a google earth search on Israel? Go do a satellite image google earth search on Jerusalem and then do it for any other city in the world.....notice the difference?

It is not the only place on earth with lower resolution imaging.

Your point?

Completely irrelevant response. Nobody ever said that it was the only place with lower resolution, you aren't the only one having sex with a pillow. I am sure military bases in the U.S. are too. Why would the U.S. need to purposely keep The whole nation of Israel highly pixelated, the link I posted above talks about the defense act that keeps this pixelation in place.

Funny how when it's the U.S. doing the censoring than it's not a big deal.

Your thoughts (no pun intended) on the reason for the whole country being pixelated?
03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
(03-04-2013 11:35 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 11:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is not the only place on earth with lower resolution imaging.

Your point?

Completely irrelevant response. Nobody ever said that it was the only place with lower resolution, you aren't the only one having sex with a pillow. I am sure military bases in the U.S. are too. Why would the U.S. need to purposely keep The whole nation of Israel highly pixelated, the link I posted above talks about the defense act that keeps this pixelation in place.

Your thoughts (no pun intended) on the reason for the whole country being pixelated?

To deny accurate targeting intelligence. I'd think that was pretty obvious.

03-04-2013, 11:48 AM
(03-04-2013 11:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 11:35 AM)I and I Wrote:  Completely irrelevant response. Nobody ever said that it was the only place with lower resolution, you aren't the only one having sex with a pillow. I am sure military bases in the U.S. are too. Why would the U.S. need to purposely keep The whole nation of Israel highly pixelated, the link I posted above talks about the defense act that keeps this pixelation in place.

To deny accurate targeting intelligence. I'd think that was pretty obvious.

accurate targeting intelligence for who? The ones who would be targeting Israel already know how to do so, and many of them likely don't even have internet.

Seeing what a dump of an open air prison that they keep Palestinians in, do you think that has anything to do with Israel not wanting high resolution? You are one of those funny atheists that likes judaism and their followers for some strange reason.
03-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I and I,

You, as usual, are an idiot.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
(03-04-2013 11:48 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 11:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  To deny accurate targeting intelligence. I'd think that was pretty obvious.

accurate targeting intelligence for who? The ones who would be targeting Israel already know how to do so, and many of them likely don't even have internet.

Seeing what a dump of an open air prison that they keep Palestinians in, do you think that has anything to do with Israel not wanting high resolution? You are one of those funny atheists that likes judaism and their followers for some strange reason.

Your generalizations about others are ignorant. Your veiled anti-semitism seems to make you think that others 'like judaism' if they're not a wacko conspiracy nut like you.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-04-2013, 12:32 PM
(03-04-2013 11:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 11:48 AM)I and I Wrote:  accurate targeting intelligence for who? The ones who would be targeting Israel already know how to do so, and many of them likely don't even have internet.

Your generalizations about others are ignorant. Your veiled anti-semitism seems to make you think that others 'like judaism' if they're not a wacko conspiracy nut like you.

Of course, being against a religion and being against a fascist government makes one a clear cut anti-semite. Rolleyes
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
I and I, again pissing into a hurricane. You and others know the obvious answers. You may point them out but many will ignore. It satisfies their understanding of the world if they be atheists or not. Israel is our ally we must protect it no matter what. Why is that so hard for you to understand.

One must remember above all else that Israel must be protected. The Palestinians be damned in the biblical sense. Odd perhaps in an atheist forum.
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
(03-04-2013 12:51 PM)JAH Wrote:  I and I, again pissing into a hurricane. You and others know the obvious answers. You may point them out but many will ignore. It satisfies their understanding of the world if they be atheists or not. Israel is our ally we must protect it no matter what. Why is that so hard for you to understand.

One must remember above all else that Israel must be protected. The Palestinians be damned in the biblical sense. Odd perhaps in an atheist forum.

extremely odd in an atheist forum, but many of the people here are the same people that believe the U.S. government doesn't lie us into wars and spread false stories about leaders who the U.S. wants to demonize.

Truly odd and conservative like bunch of people here.