It (2017)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: It (2017)
(11-09-2017 02:35 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 02:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Out of curiosity, did they all run the train on the girl like in the book? I was really wondering how they would handle that one. Even in the book, I was reading that and really confused as to why he included that. You could just have had pretty much the entire scene and stopped when she suggested they all screw her and it really didn't matter in terms of the story.

That was not included (thankfully). There's a blood oath/hand-holding thing at the end. I can't remember if that was in the book, or if it was the stand-in for the book orgy. Either way, I'm glad there was no underage sewer orgy.

When I read that part of the book, the part of me that was most offended was that it was completely unnecessary.

I don't remember if the blood oath thing was, either. Although it could have been and I still was trying to wrap my mind around why the hell he wrote that train part. It added absolutely nothing to the story.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Supposedly, it was a loss of innocence thing, but I'm sure doing battle with an eldritch abomination is more than sufficient.

I'm pretty sure the flow chart of what stories need underage sewer orgies is a single box pointing toward "no".
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-09-2017, 05:13 PM
(11-09-2017 09:14 AM)pablo Wrote:  Saw this on FB yesterday, thought it was funny.
[Image: vbKZRWJ.jpg]

> Now that's disturbing. I....I think I'm going to lie down for a few minutes. Blink
11-09-2017, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 06:52 PM by beeglez.)
The novel: Read it when it first came out, and I was in middle school. I do not remember the sewer kid orgy. Yikes! I am re-reading it now, and have not gotten to that part yet. There was a hand cutting and oath, because it has been referenced as a memory several times, but I have no gotten to the part where they actually do it.

The 90s Mini-series: I'm sure I saw at least part of it, because I remember the guy who played John Boy being in it, and I remember John Ritter, but I have almost zero recollection of it.

The new movie adaptation: I loved it! The special effects were top notch, and it was genuinely spooky. Some of the Pennywise scenes were a little overacted to the point of being a little cheesy, but I thought the clown's teeth were creepy as hell. The blood coming out of the sink scene in Bev's house freaked me out a little, because there was hair in the sink, and hair in drains freaks me out anyway. I felt the kids were well cast, and had good chemistry with the exception of Mike. For some reason, I didn't like that character. Ben was my favorite, and was most like I pictured him in the book. I spent half the movie trying to figure out why Eddie looked so familiar, then I realized he reminded me a lot of Doogie's friend Vinney on Doogie Howser, MD. It surprised me that the movie was set in the 80s, but I loved it, because I grew up in that decade, and enjoyed all the references. The kid who played Georgie was adorable, and it was hard the watch the scene where he was lured and killed by Pennywise.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
11-09-2017, 10:06 PM
(11-09-2017 04:09 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Supposedly, it was a loss of innocence thing, but I'm sure doing battle with an eldritch abomination is more than sufficient.

I'm pretty sure the flow chart of what stories need underage sewer orgies is a single box pointing toward "no".
King blames the coke, but I can see it as his literary effort to make it a the demon isn't in existence it's all their coming of age fears and manipulations by Beverly.

And to heighten the future motivation of some actions. Maybe he was reading too much Nabokov too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-09-2017, 06:27 AM
(11-09-2017 05:44 PM)beeglez Wrote:  I felt the kids were well cast, and had good chemistry with the exception of Mike. For some reason, I didn't like that character. Ben was my favorite, and was most like I pictured him in the book.

In the book, Mike was the history buff, but they gave that to Ben in the new movie, for some reason. A lot of people have complained that Mike was underdeveloped, compared to the others.
12-09-2017, 06:42 AM
(11-09-2017 05:44 PM)beeglez Wrote:  It surprised me that the movie was set in the 80s, but I loved it, because I grew up in that decade, and enjoyed all the references. The kid who played Georgie was adorable, and it was hard the watch the scene where he was lured and killed by Pennywise.
They had to do that time frame so "present day" could do the second chapter.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2017, 06:55 AM
(12-09-2017 06:27 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 05:44 PM)beeglez Wrote:  I felt the kids were well cast, and had good chemistry with the exception of Mike. For some reason, I didn't like that character. Ben was my favorite, and was most like I pictured him in the book.

In the book, Mike was the history buff, but they gave that to Ben in the new movie, for some reason. A lot of people have complained that Mike was underdeveloped, compared to the others.
That part of it is letdown but I've seen people say the racist trauma at him and his family. Yet it was still there, maybe I guess not overt enough for people but his grandfather making a slavery rant at him... then Henry with a race based taunts to get out comments along with the burned history.

But dropping the element from him that makes him matter as an adult more is weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-10-2017, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 12:29 AM by Oaken.)
I have a VERY histrionic adult niece, the kind that always brags about her life. Her family believed they could raise the dead and believed that Christians could teleport to other parts of the world. They went to Bill Johnson's Bethel school of Miracles and walked around with a chip on their shoulders. The following is a quote from her Facebook page a while back.

"It is so amazing to know that the god of the universe is completely obsessed with me!!!"

Well, when my niece's sister's young child died, my niece DEMANDED that God give her a sign to show her that He was real. She demanded that He make a red balloon miraculously appear. (This is the girl who believes that God miraculously took her lost car keys and put it back on the table!) Anyways, she later posted a picture of the red balloon that she said God had miraculous given to her. Her family all changed their Facebook avatars to red balloons and they spread the picture of the red balloon as some divine miracle. Odd that God didn't heal the dying child prayers, but gave a cheap consolation prize of a red balloon!!! What a dick of a god.

Anyways, she was posting again about it, how her red balloon had miraculously been given by God. So histrionic! I looked up the meaning of a red balloon and in the movie IT it is is an illusion, a sign of deception, of trying to trick a child. It is a sign that a child will die. It is a sign that evil is coming. In other meanings, a red balloon is also a sign of an INFLATED EGO! Of someone who is trying to be god! Of someone who needs their red balloon popped. Damn. She got what she asked for, but is too histrionic to know what it means!

[Image: it_background1.jpg]

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
03-10-2017, 04:47 AM
But she did get a message from the King of kings. Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post