It (2017)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: It (2017)
(11-09-2017 02:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Out of curiosity, did they all run the train on the girl like in the book? I was really wondering how they would handle that one. Even in the book, I was reading that and really confused as to why he included that. You could just have had pretty much the entire scene and stopped when she suggested they all screw her and it really didn't matter in terms of the story.

Do you really have to ask that question about a movie released in U.S. theaters?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 12:59 PM
(11-09-2017 02:26 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Out of curiosity, did they all run the train on the girl like in the book? I was really wondering how they would handle that one. Even in the book, I was reading that and really confused as to why he included that. You could just have had pretty much the entire scene and stopped when she suggested they all screw her and it really didn't matter in terms of the story.
This was the grade school part of the story. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 11:10 AM
I am creeped out by most clowns irl. I am not even a little bit bothered by either portrayal of Pennywise, on small or big screen. Their appearance is just wrong, as well as their behavior. It's a shame.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
05-10-2017, 11:49 AM
(05-10-2017 11:10 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  I am creeped out by most clowns irl. I am not even a little bit bothered by either portrayal of Pennywise, on small or big screen. Their appearance is just wrong, as well as their behavior. It's a shame.
Keep in mind that "Pennywise" is a projection from a non-human. If he looked perfectly normal (in clown terms) that wouldn't work for me.
06-10-2017, 08:36 AM
(05-10-2017 11:10 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Their appearance is just wrong, as well as their behavior. It's a shame.

What is it you were expecting or hoping for?
06-10-2017, 08:38 AM
(03-10-2017 12:59 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
This was the grade school part of the story. Drinking Beverage

So was that part, hence the question. Drinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
06-10-2017, 02:10 PM
(06-10-2017 08:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:59 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  This was the grade school part of the story. Drinking Beverage

So was that part, hence the question. Drinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

Happily, I never finished the book.
06-10-2017, 09:25 PM
(05-10-2017 11:49 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 11:10 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  I am creeped out by most clowns irl. I am not even a little bit bothered by either portrayal of Pennywise, on small or big screen. Their appearance is just wrong, as well as their behavior. It's a shame.
Keep in mind that "Pennywise" is a projection from a non-human. If he looked perfectly normal (in clown terms) that wouldn't work for me.

But "it" has been on earth since before humans, hasn't it? At any rate, long enough to project a normally shaped clown. It is, to me, a way for the filmmakers to let the audience know Pennywise isn't just some insane human, and who really needs the reminder? If they haven't done that in the script, the movie is a failure.

Also, all the character witnesses in the book describe "a guy in a clownsuit", not some cheesy-grinning twink with an overlarge cranium.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
06-10-2017, 09:45 PM
(06-10-2017 08:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 11:10 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Their appearance is just wrong, as well as their behavior. It's a shame.

What is it you were expecting or hoping for?

Okay, full disclosure: I haven't seen the new movie, so perhaps what I do want to see is in the movie. But I have seen the previews which show Pennywise charging at someone and screaming. Just...no.
To me the most frightening Pennywise moments were Ben's last day of school encounter (a mummified-looking clown holding balloons that float against the wind as he tries to lure Ben in), and the time when adult Mike wakes in the middle of the night in the library to find Pennywise has left muddy footprints all the way to the desk at which he was asleep.
For me, clowns don't have to pull a scary face to be scary. That in fact reverses the whole reason I don't like clowns in the first place. It makes Pennywise just another movie villain.

Also, see my post above.

06-10-2017, 09:59 PM
(06-10-2017 09:25 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(05-10-2017 11:49 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Keep in mind that "Pennywise" is a projection from a non-human. If he looked perfectly normal (in clown terms) that wouldn't work for me.

But "it" has been on earth since before humans, hasn't it? At any rate, long enough to project a normally shaped clown. It is, to me, a way for the filmmakers to let the audience know Pennywise isn't just some insane human, and who really needs the reminder? If they haven't done that in the script, the movie is a failure.

Also, all the character witnesses in the book describe "a guy in a clownsuit", not some cheesy-grinning twink with an overlarge cranium.
I'm not good enough to say whether or not a non-human would think like humans when it comes to circus acts. Eyewitlesses aside, of course.