It Comforts Me...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2013, 11:10 PM
It Comforts Me...
...to live my life without worrying about a Judgement Day or being thrown into a lava pit. It makes absolutely no sense to believe in a deity that controls everything, allows the world to go to shit w/o intervention, and then punishes you for a state of being you have no control over. Throwing someone to a "lake of fire" for thought crimes would be like publicly flogging a retarded person for not getting a perfect score on a Scholastic Aptitude Test. The idea of going to heaven and living under a theocracy isn't comforting to me, for it is a place where I would exist for millions of years and I wouldn't choose my destiny. All my choices would be made for me. I've never liked going to church---even when I was a Christian. The thought of worshiping a deity DAILY for eternity w/o wild weekend parties, drinking, and casual sex makes me feel like committing suicide.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like CaliforniaSurf's post
04-06-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: It Comforts Me...
Yea, I'm hearin' ya CalSurf.
BUT... we don't have to worry bout that shit. Cause even here in Kansas... life's a tasty wave. Shy Deity worship is someone else's bag.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Hell is ridiculous. Kinda find it more comforting not worrying about Heaven. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-06-2013, 05:59 AM
I liked your text but can you give arguments ? please.
I would like to know more.