It drives me crazy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2012, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 02:10 PM by Vlad.)
It drives me crazy.
A few days ago here in Israel a religious family of 9 (parents and their children) went to inaugurate their grandfather's new synagogue. At the end of the celebration their grandfather gave them a blessing for long life and they went to their way. On their way home they decided to visit some saints graves. Driving there, the father (a school principal) noticed that the brakes stopped working. For the next four minutes they were driving to their deaths. The father called the police for help, while the mother and the children were praying to god for help. God certainly didn't help them, as they all died a terrible death except for the youngest daughter, 7 years old Rahel.

Apparently the "responsible" school principal was driving with his 8 family members in a car that is allowed to have only 7 people inside. But that's not what drives me crazy, what drives me crazy is that people are thanking god for saving the daughter, and Rabbis are saying that their death is a wake up call from god saying that the Jewish people must repent their sins, and such bullshit.

How can people be this cold hearted and blind? This is just... I have no words.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vlad's post
24-05-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: It drives me crazy.
Wow, that's terrible- and sad. And it's a shame to see the exploitation from the religious and the rabbis. Sad
24-05-2012, 02:31 PM
It's totally crazy, this thanking god for miserable events.

It disgusts me.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't understand, how did they manage to drive for 4 full minutes without stopping?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
24-05-2012, 09:19 PM
If you assume that God is benevolent, then the only conclusion that you can draw is that God spared the one person and the other deaths were not his responsibility. One wonders of course why one would assume that God is benevolent.

Daniel Dennett's recent speech (the one I posted) held a similar idea. He reminded us that every single Easter the Pope prays for world peace, and we haven't had a single year of world peace. You'd think he might catch on and realize that his prayers were not being answered (at least not with a "yes") and you'd think the catholic church would realize that prayers -- even those offered by their highest-ranking and "holiest" member -- do fuck all.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2012, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2012 09:50 PM by Vlad.)
(24-05-2012 04:34 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I don't understand, how did they manage to drive for 4 full minutes without stopping?

The brakes stopped working. So they just kept driving down the road until they eventually drove off the road and into a... vally? don't have another word for it. Apparently it was impossible to find the problem beforehand. But then again, the driver wasn't really a responsible driver neither. He had 14 moving violations, and like I said already they were 9 in the car instead of 7.

Here's a photo of the car:

[Image: 393936622991791408255no.jpg]

Obviously the Atheists and the seculars are at fault for this tragedy. But why don't the Haredim and alike think that maybe god is angry for THEIR doings? For helping criminals, for stealing money and their connection to the mob. They don't think of this, right? Because it's all the seculars' fault, of course.

Oh and another thing, apparently the brakes didn't simply stop working. They were completely eroded, which suggests that the father neglected them for a long time. It's not something that he couldn't have possibly notice, so why the hell did he take his whole fucking family in a broken car? But they had a Torah with them, I guess they thought that god would help them in a time of need.