It happened to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 12:03 PM
It happened to me.
Well I got my first death threat in a real way 2 days ago. All over a post from the Thinking Atheist. One man didn't like Susie and took it personal. This was a so called friend of mine on Facebook. To my surprise not one person told him he was out of line. At that point I waited for a day and nothing happened. I closed my account after I gave everyone a piece of my mind in a new post. I had friends on there for 40 years. Not one defended me. Welcome to the Bible belt!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2011, 12:09 PM
RE: It happened to me.
I know what you mean, even though my area isn't quite as aggressive. Missouri still is the bible belt. I learned early that I better make my claims early and I've never been religious. I'm sorry you lost so much of the life you've built over something like this. When I came here I needed a place to be, before I got violent over what I deal with where I live. I hope you can find some good friends to chat with, and since enough of us are in the bible belt maybe meet a few. It's never too late to find a place you're welcomed.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
25-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome. If you're looking for crafty, sneaky ways to get revenge than you've found the right person. If not. Then welcome again to the forums. I think you'll find similar people in similar situations.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
25-12-2011, 01:38 PM
(25-12-2011 01:23 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Welcome. If you're looking for crafty, sneaky ways to get revenge than you've found the right person. If not. Then welcome again to the forums. I think you'll find similar people in similar situations.

No but thanks ! I do live in a liberal state as far as gun laws go. We have the Castle law and I really am not worried about that man. I use to be a boxer too. It's a pity someone wants to take things to that level over a belief. This is not the America I grew up in.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
25-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I hear where you're coming from. I've noticed that people think of me as not normal, evil, or even crazy because I don't praise a being that probably doesn't even exist. People really think they have a personal relationship with God and get so offended and angry (yes even to the point of threatening)if you disregard what they feel is someone very close to them. I too live in in the bible belt and most people say it's tradition to go to church every Sunday. Your friends that didn't speak up for you might have been either afraid to speak up or just believed you were in the wrong. It's crazy but that's how it is sometimes. I agree with you though,you should not have been threatened because your beliefs are different than someone else's.
25-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I really hate to hear that. I'm assuming this person was a "Christian".

Sad, really... but, I'm starting to believe that God's plan for me is to help Christians start acting more Christian. It may not be much, but I apologize for this person's actions. Christians should not be acting that way.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
26-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry for you, man.
Does the person know you in real life and know where you live etc? Or is it just someone talking shit?
Either way really stupid situation for you.
I hope you are ok.

And of course welcome to the forum!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2011, 11:56 AM
(26-12-2011 11:10 AM)Leela Wrote:  Sorry for you, man.
Does the person know you in real life and know where you live etc? Or is it just someone talking shit?
Either way really stupid situation for you.
I hope you are ok.

And of course welcome to the forum!

Yeah he knows me. I am not worried at all. I will do whatever I need to do to be safe. We have the Castle Law. I have my carry licence. It's a shame that now I need to carry to be safe out in the country. I moved out in the country for that reason. I live on a farm and still have to worry about nutters.
26-12-2011, 03:06 PM
I hate to hear things like that. The person who threatened you has no right to get angry about what anyone else believes. Some people are just bullies and try to force their beliefs on others. I hope everything gets better for you.
26-12-2011, 03:16 PM
So, who's Susie?
(25-12-2011 12:03 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Well I got my first death threat in a real way 2 days ago. All over a post from the Thinking Atheist. One man didn't like Susie and took it personal. This was a so called friend of mine on Facebook. ...

Who is Susie?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user