It has begun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: It has begun
I thought they'd stopped that facade after an evolution-skeptical judge told them that ID couldn't be taught in schools. They're back at it again I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2014, 03:34 AM
(22-03-2014 04:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  http://www.discovery.org/a/2640

I haven't checked all the journals listed but the one most frequently listed, Bio-complexity, looks like it was set up for the purpose of giving ID a respectable facade. It's a very thin journal, with only a few articles per year. It only started in 2010 and its contents, described as "Research Articles" (RA), "Critical Reviews" (CR) and "Critical Focus" (CR), contains 3 RAs, 1 CR and 0 CFs for the 2010 issue (the abbreviations are mine, BTW). For 2011, the figures are 2, 1 and 0; for 2012, 2, 1 and 0; for 2013, 1, 2 and 1.

Hardly a busy journal. That doesn't stop it having an impressively long list of people on the Editorial Board. 33 people on the Editorial Board. For a journal that has published a total of 15 articles over 4 years, just 8 of them RAs. Of course, it's possible that some people on the Board aren't aware of that honour. And since the journal is unheard of, it's likely they'll remain that way.

But the real give away is in the authors' list. There you see the same names recurring - Axe, Dembski, Ewert, Gauger, Meyer etc etc.

So, it was set up by IDers, run by IDers so that IDers could claim "peer review".
[+] 2 users Like jockmcdock's post
31-03-2014, 03:56 AM
(22-03-2014 04:04 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  http://www.discovery.org/a/2640

So intellegent design has gotten into peer review. This means good news and bad news.

Bad news this gives christian creationist a little upper hand, and a small amount can still have a large impact.

Good news, they can't go for the prosecuting intelligent design bullshit. This also makes the end times make less sense.

They dont even understand the concept of peer review.

they merely use the word as if it were some kind of product branding without copyright attached to it.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post