It has occured to me, I'm a terrible athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2012, 12:07 PM
RE: It has occured to me, I'm a terrible athiest
(29-01-2012 12:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 10:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 08:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-01-2012 10:01 PM)Squid Wrote:  So I lost my arguement, am I out of the club? What would you do?

Fuck 'em.

There's more to life than sex, you know.

At least, that's the rumor I heard.

Blasphemy.

Confused Yes. That put a harsh to my mellow, as well.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm a terrible atheist... Gwynnie did it. If she were around, it'd be all wordless conversation. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm starting to be convinced that the only way to win these arguements and not get "gang banged" by theists is not to have these arguements.
[+] 1 user Likes Squid's post
29-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Let me ask one question, Squid.

Does it matter to you that someone else has a faith that you don't?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-01-2012, 02:58 PM
No, it does not. As long as they aren't using thier religon as an excuse to harm others.
[+] 1 user Likes Squid's post
29-01-2012, 03:03 PM
(29-01-2012 02:58 PM)Squid Wrote:  No, it does not. As long as they aren't using thier religon as an excuse to harm others.

Then, if your faith is irrelevant and the other guy's faith is irrelevant... then the only argument you could ever possibly have would be irrelevant.

Don't waste time.
I think that may have been an extra/optional sentence. Wink

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Against such failures of the education system I suggest you try laughing uncontrollably and including things like "PLEASE! NO MORE! I CAN'T TAKE IT!" or "I'm sorry you can't understand simple scientific principles. Perhaps if you try not being a moron you might understand". These lines always seem to piss people off.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
29-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I'd ask these Christians what they think a theory is. And how would they define a truth. After all, if they criticize these things, they should know what they are.

But if they would answer somehow, just start with the first page of Genesis. Light created without a source? Sun created after the plants and trees, really? You can't even finish the first page of that book without shutting down your sense of logic.

Btw, attending a church camp is either just more of the same useless practice, or in some cases it's rather unethical effort to isolate you and brainwash you emotionally.
Camps like Teens Encounter Christ.
29-01-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 11:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-01-2012 02:46 PM)Squid Wrote:  I'm starting to be convinced that the only way to win these arguements and not get "gang banged" by theists is not to have these arguements.

I haven't felt the need to dick with them much in decades. Their delusions are neither my problem nor responsibility. They can believe whatever the hell they want as long as they don't try to impose it on me. On the rare occasion when they've felt the need to dick with me I ask them to explain how a bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is even conceivable let alone tenable. After a moment or two of awkward silence, we usually move on to more important matters like sports or the weather.

(29-01-2012 05:48 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Against such failures of the education system I suggest you try laughing uncontrollably and including things like "PLEASE! NO MORE! I CAN'T TAKE IT!" or "I'm sorry you can't understand simple scientific principles. Perhaps if you try not being a moron you might understand". These lines always seem to piss people off.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-01-2012, 08:36 PM
(29-01-2012 05:48 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Against such failures of the education system I suggest you try laughing uncontrollably and including things like "PLEASE! NO MORE! I CAN'T TAKE IT!" or "I'm sorry you can't understand simple scientific principles. Perhaps if you try not being a moron you might understand". These lines always seem to piss people off.

[/quote]

.....................So.....I'm a growth stunted vulture?.................wut.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!