It is I, the almigthy SkullCollector!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2012, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 09:00 AM by SkullCollector.)
It is I, the almigthy SkullCollector!
Of course I'm not almighty, it just helps to think so.

Anyway, greetings!

I've been following the podcasts on YouTube for a while and got to like the Facebook page finally. I did not realise there was a whole community hiding behind this and it left me there baffled for a second when I read 'Forum' on the website.

I am seventeen years of age and live in the beautiful Germany, quite far to the west. I came to the conclusion that I'm an Atheist the second I read the term's description about four years ago on Wikipedia, but I've been a non-believer for my entire life essentially. Religion has never occupied a big part of the family's cake in any way, so I have always looked at such stuff in an almost apathetic sense. No one in my environment cared much about it either - no one but my grandparents. I was forced to stay at theirs during the holidays sometimes and therefore they dragged me to church on Sundays. I hated it. I couldn't quite get my head around why anyone would talk to an invisible bearded man in the sky asking him for mercy, help, peace and cure. Or even sing in his name. Hah! I can't sing anyway.

However.
I'm fairly interested in science of any kind - be it linguistics or cosmology or anything rational - which pushes me further into my certainty of the Universe not being designed by some higher intelligence day by day. Science and that church-sing-grandparents story made me think the way I think now.
Hopefully I can and may contribute to the community with my opinion, knowledge or something I'm not so aware of. Although, perhaps, you have enough of that stuff already.

Cheers
Skull

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it."
~ Lawrence M. Krauss
Quidquid agis prudenter agas et respice finem.
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: It is I, the almigthy SkullCollector!
(08-04-2012 08:53 AM)SkullCollector Wrote:  Although, perhaps, you have enough of that stuff already.
Always want more Smile Welcome.
08-04-2012, 10:14 AM
blood for the blood god...skulls for the skull throne!

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2012, 10:58 AM
(08-04-2012 10:14 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  blood for the blood god...skulls for the skull throne!
You.
I like you.
Death to the false Emperor!

On a completely unrelated note - thanks for the welcoming.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it."
~ Lawrence M. Krauss
Quidquid agis prudenter agas et respice finem.
08-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Hi and welcome to TTA
Have an insightful stay

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
08-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Hello sir, welcome and happy zombie jesus day
*offering a skull shaped welcome cookie*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
08-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello and welcome Smile

I like reapers, they just look cool, probably why I have one tattooed on each shoulder.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
08-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Welcome by a fellow german (expatriot however).

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Skulls for the skull throne!
Thread Closed