It is time to exterminate the Taliban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2014, 10:13 PM
It is time to exterminate the Taliban
Utterly.

Their latest horror is beyond any claim to humanity. They are a cancer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: It is time to exterminate the Taliban
I'd love another crack at them with rules of engagement that don't amount to catch and release. People back home don't have the stomach to let us do what needs to be done. And to hell with Pakistan's feelings. They can't decide whether to harbor the Taliban or fight them.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-12-2014, 11:23 PM
(16-12-2014 11:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd love another crack at them with rules of engagement that don't amount to catch and release. People back home don't have the stomach to let us do what needs to be done. And to hell with Pakistan's feelings. They can't decide whether to harbor the Taliban or fight them.

I can't stomach the children being slaughtered, by us or them. Can it be done without massive civilian casualties? If so, then I'm for it all the way.

If given the ability to fight the war the way you'd like to, could you do it in a way that at least had a substantial mechanism for avoiding the death and/or life changing trauma of innocents?

I'm not trying to provoke anything, I'm curious as to your opinion is all. Would that be possible, if our govt would be willing to revise it's military policies to allow it?

Would we be better off eventually if we just got the fuck out of there?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Not possible. It never has been. The reality is that there is no perfect solution. Only multiple options, all with pros and cons.

You do what you have to do to eradicate them with the understanding that there will be collateral damage and then rebuild what's left, minus the Taliban, so that you can have a period of relative peace, or you stay back and keep your own conscience theoretically clean, the result being that the Taliban will continue to do what it wishes indefinitely.

Both options are horrible, but one of the two has a light at the end of the tunnel, even if temporary.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-12-2014, 12:03 AM
(16-12-2014 11:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not possible. It never has been. The reality is that there is no perfect solution. Only multiple options, all with pros and cons.

You do what you have to do to eradicate them with the understanding that there will be collateral damage and then rebuild what's left, minus the Taliban, so that you can have a period of relative peace, or you stay back and keep your own conscience theoretically clean, the result being that the Taliban will continue to do what it wishes indefinitely.

Both options are horrible, but one of the two has a light at the end of the tunnel, even if temporary.

Well goddamnit...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Replace Taliban with the word "Islam".
17-12-2014, 08:18 PM
(16-12-2014 11:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd love another crack at them with rules of engagement that don't amount to catch and release. People back home don't have the stomach to let us do what needs to be done. And to hell with Pakistan's feelings. They can't decide whether to harbor the Taliban or fight them.

How'd that work out for the Russians?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
18-12-2014, 05:02 AM
(17-12-2014 08:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

How'd that work out for the Russians?

Not too bad until America intervened and provided the Muslims with stinger missiles and other weapons.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-12-2014, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 05:27 AM by pablo.)
The U.S. could:
1. Continue to do what we're doing now.
(Many dead over a long period of time.)
2. Attack with overwhelming force until the threat is nullified.
(Many dead over a shorter period of time.)
3. Walk away completely (fuck Isreal too) and wait for the nukes to finally start flying.
(Many dead in a very short amount of time.)

Shitty options.
18-12-2014, 05:58 AM
The nukes wouldn't start flying.
The Taliban want to take over Pakistan not destroy it. The US could drop the bombs in WW2 because they had no desire to take territory and govern those areas of Japan. It's the same when it comes to Israel. The Muslims want that land back, they want to see the Jews exterminated, not their sacred cities and temples.