It is time to exterminate the Taliban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 06:05 AM
RE: It is time to exterminate the Taliban
(18-12-2014 05:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The nukes wouldn't start flying.
The Taliban want to take over Pakistan not destroy it. The US could drop the bombs in WW2 because they had no desire to take territory and govern those areas of Japan. It's the same when it comes to Israel. The Muslims want that land back, they want to see the Jews exterminated, not their sacred cities and temples.

Why do they have nukes then?
Given the chance, Iran wouldn't hesitate to lob a few over to Isreal.
Isreal, would retaliate heavily.
Once one flies, all bets are off.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2014, 09:38 AM
(17-12-2014 07:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Replace Taliban with the word "Islam".

Weren't the children murdered also muslim? From the articles I've read this seems to be more a tribalism issue. The Taliban in Pakistan are largely hill tribes and they've been getting hammered by the Pakistani army. Since they couldn't fight back against the army directly, they chose to commit this atrocity instead.
18-12-2014, 09:44 AM
(18-12-2014 09:38 AM)jet_palero Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 07:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Replace Taliban with the word "Islam".

Weren't the children murdered also muslim? From the articles I've read this seems to be more a tribalism issue. The Taliban in Pakistan are largely hill tribes and they've been getting hammered by the Pakistani army. Since they couldn't fight back against the army directly, they chose to commit this atrocity instead.

No, that does not appear to be the reason. See here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2014, 06:24 PM
(18-12-2014 06:05 AM)pablo Wrote:  
The Taliban want to take over Pakistan not destroy it. The US could drop the bombs in WW2 because they had no desire to take territory and govern those areas of Japan. It's the same when it comes to Israel. The Muslims want that land back, they want to see the Jews exterminated, not their sacred cities and temples.

Why do they have nukes then?

The same reason everyone else has nukes, because everyone else has them.

[Image: oscar.png]
19-12-2014, 03:01 PM
I'm not a fan of Islam or any other religion (probably not an unpopular opinion on this board), but I have to add that I've worked with some very honorable Muslims, many of whom I'd trust with my life over most of my Atheist acquaintances back home. I'm not gonna disagree that religion is a significant part of the problem, but it's just one piece of the puzzle, and I can't rationally tie the Taliban in with the so called moderates. Regardless of what the scriptures say, not everyone follows them.

In regards to Russia, there are indeed lessons we can learn from their involvement. Regardless, their inability to conquer the U.S., U.K., China, Iran, Saudi backed Mujahideen does not imply that we cannot rid the world of the glorified drug cartel known as the Taliban.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Doing anything substantive would cost money. Pakistan certainly doesn't have any to spare. How big a bill would you Americans like to run up?

We (NATO) occupied Afghanistan for a decade - half-assing it on the cheap the whole way through. How'd that work out?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Can't answer for all Americans, or even the average American, but I'd give up my social security and eligibility for unemployment for the opportunity to kill a few.

Not that it matters since I'm partially Canadian now, and can only speak hypothetically.

But yes, I'd be willing to pay. We already do either way, in a sense.

'Murican Canadian
25-12-2014, 01:09 PM
The Taliban want to take over Pakistan not destroy it.

It's Pakistan who has the nukes. And there are parts of Afghanistan where you could drop a nuke and even satellite pictures couldn't tell the difference before and after. And I've got no idea what the hell the Taliban want. Might be just "leave us the fuck alone." Dunno.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-12-2014, 02:10 PM
(25-12-2014 01:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
The Taliban want to take over Pakistan not destroy it.

It's Pakistan who has the nukes. And there are parts of Afghanistan where you could drop a nuke and even satellite pictures couldn't tell the difference before and after. And I've got no idea what the hell the Taliban want. Might be just "leave us the fuck alone." Dunno.

Islamic North Korea. That's what the taliban want.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-12-2014, 06:45 PM
(25-12-2014 02:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 01:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's Pakistan who has the nukes. And there are parts of Afghanistan where you could drop a nuke and even satellite pictures couldn't tell the difference before and after. And I've got no idea what the hell the Taliban want. Might be just "leave us the fuck alone." Dunno.

Islamic North Korea. That's what the taliban want.

I honestly have no idea if that would be better for North Korea (and the world?) or not...

[Image: oscar.png]