"It makes me uncomfortable when men sexualise me in that manner" ~~Rebecca Watson

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 04:53 PM by LadyJane.)
"It makes me uncomfortable when men sexualise me in that manner" ~~Rebecca Watson
[Image: vodkamoney.png?w=630]

That is all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: "It makes me uncomfortable when men sexualise me in that manner" ~~Rebecca Watson
Is that a cat turd necklace?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-05-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: "It makes me uncomfortable when men sexualise me in that manner" ~~Rebecca Watson
(04-05-2013 11:20 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  [Image: vodkamoney.png?w=630]

That is all.

R Watson is simply an epic feminist troll.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
OMG, you didn't give back the money, did you? Shocking Forget principals! Money:mmmm!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Huh. Isn't she the one who had the whole "Elevatorgate" deal that generated a lot of controversy on the Interweb? Everyone from Thunderf00t to Dillahunty had something to say about that episode.

I always wondered what the dude's perspective on the encounter was, as her account (and the retellings) don't exactly portray him as a drooling sociopath.

Stuff like this makes me glad I'm a celibate virgin. I'm all for intergender mutual respect along with getting wild, but you kind of have to walk the talk if you take a stand against sexualization.
04-05-2013, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 01:23 PM by fstratzero.)
(04-05-2013 01:07 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Huh. Isn't she the one who had the whole "Elevatorgate" deal that generated a lot of controversy on the Interweb? Everyone from Thunderf00t to Dillahunty had something to say about that episode.

I always wondered what the dude's perspective on the encounter was, as her account (and the retellings) don't exactly portray him as a drooling sociopath.

Stuff like this makes me glad I'm a celibate virgin. I'm all for intergender mutual respect along with getting wild, but you kind of have to walk the talk if you take a stand against sexualization.

Yes at first it was a simple "Don't ask a girl for coffee when it's late at night and I'm all alone in an elevator. It's creepy"

Then as usual what was a small comment in passing turned into a large feminist discussion.

From there the internet went full retard. Trolls from all over the internet decided to troll her. From death threats, rape threats, and random troll comments.

She used this as a way to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Not to mention that atheism+ was raided by a horde of internet trolls as well.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
04-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Ah Rebecca, the forbidden fruit... Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-05-2013, 02:22 PM
(04-05-2013 02:16 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Ah Rebecca, the forbidden fruit... Angel

Oooh - gotta use that term for her next time I speak with my canuck buddy - he's got a huge crush on her.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-05-2013, 04:24 PM
She's got a boyfriend, met him at CSIcon. Not sure how that works out.

NI can't get her. She does stuff I can get behind her on, then other times it's just... where the hell'd it come from?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
04-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Get over it fellas.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Abdul Alhazred's post