It's Eve's Fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2016, 05:59 AM
It's Eve's Fault
I flipped over to a channel this morning that had Creflo Dollar's show on, (yeah I know) and he had a guest on that was talking about Adam and Eve. He mentions 1 Timothy 2:14 about how Adam was not deceived, but Eve was.

I had to look that up, here's the verse:

1 Timothy 2:14-And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

And this is justification of the preceding two verses 1 Timothy 2 11-13: Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

So there you go, it's all your fault women, so shut up.

Seriously though, it absolutely lays the blame for the fall of man at the feet of the woman, the guest that was talking to Creflo was happily pointing this out while women in the audience nodded their head in approval and smiled.

This is the sort of thing that angers me with the rank and file Christians, if you sit in the audience, nod your head and toss money into the offering bucket, you are part of the problem.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-05-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: It's Eve's Fault
like obiwan said "whos more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" eve may have been tricked by the serpent but adam listened to eve. what a dumbass.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
29-05-2016, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2016 09:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Oh. Verily. Most assuredly. Facepalm
"The reason the tempter approached Eve first was, that the light of reason shone less brightly in her", (SAINT Thomas Aquinas, Angelic Doctor, Compendium of Theology.)

Doh

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-05-2016, 07:53 AM
(29-05-2016 05:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I flipped over to a channel this morning that had Creflo Dollar's show on, (yeah I know) and he had a guest on that was talking about Adam and Eve. He mentions 1 Timothy 2:14 about how Adam was not deceived, but Eve was.

1 Timothy 2:14-And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

And this is justification of the preceding two verses 1 Timothy 2 11-13: Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Seriously though, it absolutely lays the blame for the fall of man at the feet of the woman, the guest that was talking to Creflo was happily pointing this out while women in the audience nodded their head in approval and smiled.

This is the sort of thing that angers me with the rank and file Christians, if you sit in the audience, nod your head and toss money into the offering bucket, you are part of the problem.

I remember my father in all seriousness explaining to my brother and i that everything bad is the woman's fault. Any situation that turns out bad if you think it thru you can discover how it was the woman's fault. Even as a teen ager I rejected that reasoning, but my brother 20 years later brought it up to me citing that week's problem as an example that Dad was right!
29-05-2016, 10:06 AM
(29-05-2016 05:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  1 Timothy 2:14-And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

So Adam was not deceived but ate anyway? That's better? I'm smelling a whole lot of fundamentalist "reasoning" and "morality" in this one.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
29-05-2016, 10:28 AM
On behalf of womankind: We're not sorry that we're so tempting to you, easily led, men! Wink
[+] 4 users Like LadyDay's post
29-05-2016, 10:52 AM
(29-05-2016 05:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Seriously though, it absolutely lays the blame for the fall of man at the feet of the woman, the guest that was talking to Creflo was happily pointing this out while women in the audience nodded their head in approval and smiled.

I can't say that I'm surprised by this perspective (although I had forgotten verse 14, what with 11-13 getting so much attention in the circles that I traveled in). The fact that many women go along with the doctrine that's tearing them down is both infuriating and profoundly sad though. It's another example of religion looking like an abusive relationship.
It does seem to me, though, that for the most part mainstream Christianity has somewhat rejected such a strong anti-women doctrine, at least from what I hear. I could certainly be wrong, though, as I suspect that the exceptionally conservative church that I was a part of often painted a less than accurate picture of what the more liberal churches were doing/teaching. Does anybody with more solid information know whether or not this is actually the case?
[+] 7 users Like debna27's post
29-05-2016, 10:58 AM
This is the stuff that gets me so worked up. It just pisses me off that men have to have someone to blame and we are their targets! Again they want the responsibility for their dumb asses. Another example is when a woman is raped and is then asked "what were you wearing" as if its our responsibility to make sure we don't tempt them make it our responsibility to make sure they have self control! I know I have a run in sentence but I'm really upset with this stupid thinking!
[+] 4 users Like purpledaisies's post
29-05-2016, 11:12 AM
(29-05-2016 05:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I flipped over to a channel this morning that had Creflo Dollar's show on, (yeah I know) and he had a guest on that was talking about Adam and Eve. He mentions 1 Timothy 2:14 about how Adam was not deceived, but Eve was.

So did Adam not eat of the apple, because I think he did. If so, and he wasn't deceived then he willfully sold god out for sex. Niiiiice Adam, real nice!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
29-05-2016, 11:25 AM
According to this story women had the desire to know good from evil. In other words to have morals.

The story never tells of this god eating of the fruit, only humans. And that's why we have morals and the god character doesn't.

And of course men only do the right thing when prodded to by a woman.

This story seems very anti-man if you ask me.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results