It's Eve's Fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: It's Eve's Fault
(29-05-2016 02:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Get your mythology right, it was Pandora. Smile

Consider

Okay, I could be wrong here but are you saying Pandora's Box is an analogy for Eve's vagina or visa versa?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
29-05-2016, 04:02 PM
I honestly don't know why no one thinks of the positive things Eve's actions caused. First of all she was the first rebel, sure she was a naive dummy but she did make her own choice so yeah, fuck authority! We should be able to critically think about what someone is telling us to do or not to do, if someone comes along and "tempts" us it's still our responsibility to make that choice, the consequences are on us but also the punishment was decided by the powerful figure, were they worthy of having that power, was the punishment just? These are important questions.

If you believe the Bible you would have to admit after the expulsion from Eden Eve had kids, they gave birth to the human race, God only made them, Adam and Eve, so they made the rest of us because of Eve's actions. She directly led to every great thing we've ever done, art, poetry, philosophy, sandwiches...I mean like food in general like pizza too! Yes we have also warred with each other and all that death and destruction but seriously we wouldn't even be here to talk about this or even enjoy flowers and music and books if it wasn't for her so thanks Eve! You were blamed for something really dumb but you're alright in my book, I mean when it comes to mythical figures who never existed, in that sense you're alright.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
29-05-2016, 04:08 PM
(29-05-2016 12:26 PM)debna27 Wrote:  This makes me think of another question. What's your (anyone's) opinion on religion becoming more moderate/liberal on issues like this? I've heard a lot of perspectives, and I was wondering what most people here thought. On the one hand, it is definitely a good thing for women to be empowered rather than restricted, and I'm all for that. But this also means that they're more likely to stay within the church in the long run, and accept a lot of the other shit that's being taught there. I certainly support anyone's right to believe whatever nonsense they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, but I would also argue that in many cases even the doctrines of a moderate church can hurt people, psychologically at least. I wish I could articulate my point better here, but if anyone understands what I'm getting at, feel free to chime in.

I was raised liberal in the sense of my society and culture but my parents were pretty traditional and it was tough to be around. It was like a war at home, anytime us kids tried to make a point about why it's natural to be gay and why it's important to protect abortion rights they acted like they were breaking out in hives and wanted us to shut up.

My parent's had a traditional marriage, he worked in the Army and she was a housewife, I remember her telling me that I was too opinionated. I needed to just agree with my dad and then later when I got married, just agree with my husband, this is a woman who accepted abuse and the abuse of her children by the way and she told me once that what a woman feels inside is no one's business but her own. That may sound kinda cool at first like "Yeah, I don't need to tell anyone how I feel if they press me, that's my business!" It wasn't til later that I realized she was saying "No one gives a fuck about your stupid fucking woman feelings, so shut up!"

Unfortunately I know it was her religious upbringing that made her this way and I wonder how many intelligent thoughts she had over the years that she just kept inside. The real damage is as you say the new moderate church teachings that are in direct opposition to the traditional norms, this is causing family in fighting, children getting disowned, marriages breaking up, etc. Once again another reason why too many denominations for one basic religion is dangerous, one teaching different here and there and it's a catastrophe.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
29-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Eve was tempted by a snake and then swallowed that sweet & salty fruit.
AKA - Eve went down on Adam

Adam returned the favor & went down on Eve, eating her sweet fruit.
Plus a little tossing salad in the garden of eden.

Thought everyone knew that.

Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
29-05-2016, 06:18 PM
(29-05-2016 02:45 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 02:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Get your mythology right, it was Pandora. Smile

Consider

Okay, I could be wrong here but are you saying Pandora's Box is an analogy for Eve's vagina or visa versa?

Whatever gets you through the night. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-05-2016, 10:21 PM
It's still all god's fault for placing all of the pieces, knowing it would happen, and doing nothing to stop it.

If you place a child in a room filled with hot plates, and then put someone else into the room that you know is going to tell the kid to touch the hot plate, it's your fault when the kid gets burnt.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-05-2016, 12:55 AM
(29-05-2016 10:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's still all god's fault for placing all of the pieces, knowing it would happen, and doing nothing to stop it.

If you place a child in a room filled with hot plates, and then put someone else into the room that you know is going to tell the kid to touch the hot plate, it's your fault when the kid gets burnt.
Yes!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
31-05-2016, 05:28 AM
(29-05-2016 12:26 PM)debna27 Wrote:  That's good to hear. In my denomination, and those that I was most familiar with, women were allowed precisely no power within the church (and generally outside of it too, if they were married or living in a household that had a patriarch). I occasionally occupied the most visible female position within the church service, since I was the accompanist for a fair chunk of time. But I didn't speak, and during the service, no other women did either.

This makes me think of another question. What's your (anyone's) opinion on religion becoming more moderate/liberal on issues like this? I've heard a lot of perspectives, and I was wondering what most people here thought. On the one hand, it is definitely a good thing for women to be empowered rather than restricted, and I'm all for that. But this also means that they're more likely to stay within the church in the long run, and accept a lot of the other shit that's being taught there. I certainly support anyone's right to believe whatever nonsense they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, but I would also argue that in many cases even the doctrines of a moderate church can hurt people, psychologically at least. I wish I could articulate my point better here, but if anyone understands what I'm getting at, feel free to chime in.

I think I prefer the churches to stay old fashioned, sticking to the shit in the bible. That way they might completely die out thanks to the changing, modern times around them.
But it's not an easy question!
I was brought up in a traditional church where everything in the bible was taken literaly, not at symbolism. Including not allowing women to be priests or in other ways preach. And Hell was a reality of eternal torture. So I know how scary and detrimental it is to grow up in this environment!
On the other hand I live in a country where the state church is very liberal. Including female preachers, marrying homosexuals, no probably eternal damnation etc. Old fashioned churches are a rarity in Denmark.
This means a large portion of the population are culture-christians, including membership of the state church, babtising children, religious rituals for marriage and so on. And a general attitude that there's probably some sort of god and heaven out there (but no Hell though). I'd rather see the country completely rid of religion, rather than the religion dressing up in more liberal garments, more digestible to the population, and thus easier staying significant in the population.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post