• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 12:56 AM
RE: It's Obama - 4 more years
Sanity has won out!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
(06-11-2012 11:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sure hope he does something impressive this go 'round. He doesn't have to worry about trying to get elected again so he can pretty much skate.

Impressive in a good way...for the country as a whole.
He can only do what congress allows. The Republicans will still cock block him at every turn, and refuse to vote for any legislation he tries to pass. Now if the legislative branch would play ball, then maybe then some progress might happen. MAYBE!
07-11-2012, 01:22 AM
(07-11-2012 12:59 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 11:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sure hope he does something impressive this go 'round. He doesn't have to worry about trying to get elected again so he can pretty much skate.

Impressive in a good way...for the country as a whole.
He can only do what congress allows. The Republicans will still cock block him at every turn, and refuse to vote for any legislation he tries to pass. Now if the legislative branch would play ball, then maybe then some progress might happen. MAYBE!
This, exactly. Most of the times I've heard people bitching about him, it was stuff that didn't get done because he was being cockblocked.

I was pretty scared it would go to Mittens, I've been tense all evening. Time for a drink. I didn't realize how much I liked Obama until I realized how scary the prospect of Mittler becoming president might be. In the distant past, I can remember the Republicans being a lot less scary than they are today. I was quite disturbed about how close it was.

I was happy he mentioned gays in the speech, you know Mitt would not have. Then I frowned because he said "God" three times at the end.

Anyway, glad that's over, glad the right one won, etc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2012, 02:05 AM
In this one instance, I'm glad that the USA has this flawed voting system. Obama has less overall votes than Romney, but because he has more electoral votes, he still won. Kinda like in Bush's case. Had the election taken place in a different country, Romney would've won. Confused

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
07-11-2012, 03:02 AM
(07-11-2012 02:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Had the election taken place in a different country...
Or - he wouldn't've been nominated in the first place.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
07-11-2012, 04:02 AM
I hope y'all were listening to this...
"I'm not talking about blind optimism, the kind of hope that just ignores the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path. I'm not talking about the wishful idealism that allows us to just sit on the sidelines or shirk from a fight."

But not this:
"And together with your help and God's grace we will continue our journey forward and remind the world just why it is that we live in the greatest nation on Earth.
Thank you, America. God bless you. God bless these United States"

07-11-2012, 04:46 AM
(07-11-2012 02:05 AM)Vosur Wrote:  In this one instance, I'm glad that the USA has this flawed voting system. Obama has less overall votes than Romney, but because he has more electoral votes, he still won. Kinda like in Bush's case. Had the election taken place in a different country, Romney would've won. Confused
Nah, he won the popular vote as well. Nowhere near as large as the electoral vote, but still by a fair margin.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post
07-11-2012, 04:49 AM
(07-11-2012 04:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I hope y'all were listening to this...
"I'm not talking about blind optimism, the kind of hope that just ignores the enormity of the tasks ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path. I'm not talking about the wishful idealism that allows us to just sit on the sidelines or shirk from a fight."

But not this:
"And together with your help and God's grace we will continue our journey forward and remind the world just why it is that we live in the greatest nation on Earth.
So he is religious, and his speech is full of patriotic horse shit... Who cares? If there was an atheist on the ballot, then maybe you would have some kind of argument.

ITS ok, don't worry about it.
07-11-2012, 05:31 AM

But not this:
I think the latter comes with the territory in the States. If you want to go anywhere in politics, esp. when it comes to the highest positions, you have to be (or claim to be) a Christian and be married. Can't say I'm crazy about everything the French do, but they have a much healthier attitude when it comes to the personal lives and beliefs of their presidents and politicians.
Though the "greatest nation on Earth" does rankle (though once again, it's probably what's expected of him).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
07-11-2012, 05:43 AM

But not this:

The first statement was unique, the second one is made by every politician in the states (just about) when they get elected. For as long as I can think back.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man