It's Official!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2016, 05:18 PM
It's Official!!!
As of today (last night at midnight) I am officially a civilian after 30 years of service in the US Navy. Woohoooo.

[Image: 2pu0g78.png]

I joined the US Navy after dropping out of high school at 17yo (idiot), got my high school diploma, AA, BA, and MS degrees while in the Navy. I am 4 classes into my MBA w/ conc in Human Resources Management. I made 9 deployments, served 17 years at sea, was promoted 10 times, including earning a commission. Now back to the real world. Thankfully I have earned 75% of my base pay for life...check of the month club woohoo. Show daddy the money.

Now I am working as the project manager of a meat processing company. This year alone I am managing modernization and expansion projects totaling over $4 Million USD. This is my temporary office, my new one is being included in the expansion I am overseeing.

[Image: dc9chw.png]

With the requisite mini-fridge

[Image: 2eatbnm.png]

Nothing special, but I have the corner office all to myself, and my car is parked facing my window, 10 feet walk to work muahahahahahaa

woohoooooo Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 31 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
01-07-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: It's Official!!!
Congrats! And how very appropriately timed!
[+] 2 users Like Armageddon it's post
01-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Congrats!!!!! And thank you for your service Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
01-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Congratulations! Do you have a plan for what's next?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
01-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Yay! Congrats. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
01-07-2016, 05:26 PM
(01-07-2016 05:24 PM)julep Wrote:  Congratulations! Do you have a plan for what's next?

Yup! it's in the OP. I have purchased my dream home, a 3 story, 4200 sq foot 6 bedroom 4 bath 1.5 kitchen dream home with a theatre room, gymnasium and hot tub! I have a great new job as project manager for an innovative and growing company, and I am being groomed to take over as director in one year when their director retires. Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
01-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Congrats! Thanks for serving! Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-07-2016, 05:29 PM
And you did so without a sky hero. Congrats. And screw anyone who says there are no atheists in foxholes. I didn't serve myself, wouldn't have mentally been able to handle combat. But to say there aren't atheists who have been there is dead wrong.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
01-07-2016, 05:30 PM
When ever one speaks of being groomed I think of the National Geographic pics of apes sitting around picking fleas off each other!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
01-07-2016, 05:42 PM
(01-07-2016 05:26 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 05:24 PM)julep Wrote:  Congratulations! Do you have a plan for what's next?

Yup! it's in the OP. I have purchased my dream home, a 3 story, 4200 sq foot 6 bedroom 4 bath 1.5 kitchen dream home with a theatre room, gymnasium and hot tub! I have a great new job as project manager for an innovative and growing company, and I am being groomed to take over as director in one year when their director retires. Drooling

So great! I hope you and your family have a wonderful future in your dream home/your new job.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post