It's Official!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: It's Official!!!
That's what we called 'em in the Air Froce, and no disrespect intended.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-07-2016, 01:56 AM
(02-07-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 07:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Congratulations, Chief, and one veteran to another, thanks for your service.

Does one call a CWO just Chief? I dunno, I thought that was the enlised version. But then, I was in the Navy, we had CPOs everywhere. Yeah, I know what's gonna happen next. Big Grin

Technically, all Warrant Officers are called "Mister", but for a CWO, "Chief" is considered an informal but appropriate form of address.

It also applies to Chief Petty Officers, of course. The USAF also has "Chief Master Sergeants", E-9, who are referred to as "Chief".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-07-2016, 06:45 AM
So do we gotta call you MISTER goodwithoutgod - or just use your first name....

"Mister"..

Smile

I had a roommate that told the amusing story -- he was duty driver and had to pick up an Admiral and his wife at the airport ----

He kept saying "Yes Sir" --- to everything the Admiral said -- and after about 10 minutes, the Admiral said -- "Petty Officer Sullivan - you can call me by my first name" --"And what's that Sir?" Sully asked --- "ADMIRAL!" was the reply.... He said it was a tough seeing over the steering wheel after being made that small....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-07-2016, 10:09 AM
(02-07-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 07:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Congratulations, Chief, and one veteran to another, thanks for your service.

Does one call a CWO just Chief? I dunno, I thought that was the enlised version. But then, I was in the Navy, we had CPOs everywhere. Yeah, I know what's gonna happen next. Big Grin

Army calls their Warrants Chief. Then there is the philosophy once a Chief, always a Chief. Blush

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-07-2016, 10:13 AM
(03-07-2016 10:09 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Does one call a CWO just Chief? I dunno, I thought that was the enlised version. But then, I was in the Navy, we had CPOs everywhere. Yeah, I know what's gonna happen next. Big Grin

Army calls their Warrants Chief. Then there is the philosophy once a Chief, always a Chief. Blush

I once made the mistake of calling a Marine Corps CWO Chief. He was not impressed. Big Grin Cool dude though! He wound up hooking me up with a B-Hutt a few hundred yards away from work instead a a couple of miles away. Saved my boots a lot of miles. Congrats! If you're still in OR, let me know and we can grab a beer sometime.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
03-07-2016, 10:55 AM
(03-07-2016 10:09 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 08:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Does one call a CWO just Chief? I dunno, I thought that was the enlised version. But then, I was in the Navy, we had CPOs everywhere. Yeah, I know what's gonna happen next. Big Grin

"Permanent Chief Petty Officer of the USN" seems to ring a bell... Laugh out load

And I knew I was gonna get schooled. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-07-2016, 01:39 PM
(03-07-2016 10:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 10:09 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Army calls their Warrants Chief. Then there is the philosophy once a Chief, always a Chief. Blush

I once made the mistake of calling a Marine Corps CWO Chief. He was not impressed. Big Grin Cool dude though! He wound up hooking me up with a B-Hutt a few hundred yards away from work instead a a couple of miles away. Saved my boots a lot of miles. Congrats! If you're still in OR, let me know and we can grab a beer sometime.

B-Hutt? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2016, 02:17 PM
(03-07-2016 01:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 10:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I once made the mistake of calling a Marine Corps CWO Chief. He was not impressed. Big Grin Cool dude though! He wound up hooking me up with a B-Hutt a few hundred yards away from work instead a a couple of miles away. Saved my boots a lot of miles. Congrats! If you're still in OR, let me know and we can grab a beer sometime.

B-Hutt? Consider

Sorry - a B-Hutt is a type of plywood box constructed as "temporary" barracks. They are designed to last between 1 and 2 years. Mine was 9 years old, the "roof" was seperated, and I could see a generous amount of light at night. The good news is snow can act as an insulator. The bad news is, you do not want to be in that thing with a few feet of snow out. Froze my ass off!

[Image: 74846724.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post