It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 06:55 AM by BlackMason.)
RE: It's Supernatural.
(22-11-2013 08:07 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  These symbols and mottos are about the founding and values of the USA that everyone should know but refuses to research or accept. It's far too easier to create some bullshit illuminati story.
I used to dabble too, but that was ehh..a past life.

Yep! I used to dabble in the nectar of fools too. In fact the one time I was so convinced that Jay-Z was working for the devil/illuminati (I was still a theist) I deleted all my Song by him. Yeah, feels like a life time ago. I got even more tracks by him now. I especially remember one of the youtube videos that claimed that when one of his songs were played backwards he would say, "Murder murder Jesus". Even a church pastor played that video in his church one Sunday. Had all the people gasping and shaking their heads in disapproval of Jay-Z. That video's on youtube too.

You're right about people prefering to talk shit rather than do some research. Got a good friend on facebook that proselytises a lot. He's a victim of the conspiracy theories. I've given up challenging him online. I suppose confirmation bias is the MO of the masses.

All in all I wasted a shit load of time watching and believing those videos. Damn! What an idiot I was. Kinda hard to forgive yourself for past events.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BlackMason's post
05-12-2013, 11:05 AM
I can see where the argument is, 21st century there is little reason for magical/supernatural reasons for anything now. Sure I can agree with that but to knock someone down for beliefs they had in the past and making everything thing that person says now irrelevant is a whole other matter. Looking from the outside in from the stained glass of preconceived notions and assumptions and not even to consider what that person actually believed in or why. I hold to a certain extent more value to the words of those who were from the inside of dogma or other beliefs that broke out of such barriers. They were on the inside, in the very thick of it for years. Think of all the ex-pastors, priests, and nuns. Is what they say irrelevant as well?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
(05-12-2013 11:05 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I can see where the argument is, 21st century there is little reason for magical/supernatural reasons for anything now. Sure I can agree with that but to knock someone down for beliefs they had in the past and making everything thing that person says now irrelevant is a whole other matter. Looking from the outside in from the stained glass of preconceived notions and assumptions and not even to consider what that person actually believed in or why. I hold to a certain extent more value to the words of those who were from the inside of dogma or other beliefs that broke out of such barriers. They were on the inside, in the very thick of it for years. Think of all the ex-pastors, priests, and nuns. Is what they say irrelevant as well?

Thanks Griz.

I have no idea why Chippy has focused on me but I suspect reading his words and massive assumptions that he's more angry with Wicca itself rather than me. His vehement reaction to it is blatant. He speaks as though I've defended Wicca where no where in this thread (or elsewhere here) have I done so. He also speaks as though I've condoned Gardner's creation of Wicca which I have not.
Actually, whether a religion is created 1,000 yrs ago or yesterday or anywhere in-between makes no difference. Religion is what it is........date doesn't make it any more valid or less valid. Attaching a name or a book or any other attributes doesn't make it any more relative or believable. None of these things matter.

I don't speak for all Wiccans or ex-Wiccans but for me the draw was more or less applying the same Christian life I was raised in and bumping out those dogmatic walls to make space for more - when technically it's the same thing. So... it took me awhile to come to grips that religion is simply - religion. Doesn't matter really what label you put on it NOR does it matter how you go about it.

I've always wanted to be a good person and lead a good life and felt strongly that in order to do so I needed to be attached to something bigger than myself - even if only the humanity we all share. More and more dogma and religion mattered less......until it vanished altogether. I don't exactly see where the crime is - in that happened in my life and I've honestly shared that here?

Narrowing our field of what works in our lives and what does not is part of the human experience. I see no crime in that process myself. However, reaching SUCH a narrow view as there's No space left for anyone else's view, opinion, reasoning, searching, learning or outside-your-own-self input can be just a dangerous as full-blown dogmatic gullibility. Probably has a great deal to do with why I steer in the middle of the road more often than not. There's SO so much I do not know. The more I accept that the more I can learn.

Chippy does not understand that Just Because he says I am stupid does not make it so. That self-righteous delusional bubble he lives in allows him to throw his own anger around; working desperately to make it stick on other people. Wasted time & energy to make himself feel smarter, bigger, in control, etc............. all sad to witness. And bullies like him are a dime-a-dozen on any internet forum. His own problems so transparent to anyone who's been around the block a time or two.

Believe me - just because he calls me names does not make it true. In fact, the more insults he slings the more ridiculous he makes himself - not me. This is a good forum. I like it here. I'm trying to get religion out of my system once and for all - why it's a struggle is hard to explain - but I am trying. I won't be put off or run back to religion because the Chippys of the world decide to bully me. My journey is my own. He has no power.... here........or even elsewhere I'd imagine. In fact, if I had to guess I'd say his complete LACK OF personal Power (ie self esteem) is what makes him so hateful.

A person must respect themselves before they can show others respect. When you see someone giving NO respect towards another - always bear in mind its because they don't respect their own selves and live in a squalor of hate and self deceit.
Textbook really. Google "internet bullies" and there's practically a photo of Chipster.

nuff said.

thanks again Griz. Sorry I rambled at bit.

cheers

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 5 users Like WitchSabrina's post
05-12-2013, 04:26 PM
In my opinion the Illuminati is just something dumb people use to try and justify their shitty lives. Like don't blame me, my life is shit because the Illuminati is oppressing me. I mean come on, if the Illuminati is this secret organisation then how come the crack fiend on the corner knows all about it, you know what I mean.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
[+] 2 users Like TheLogicalAthiest's post
05-12-2013, 04:35 PM
(05-12-2013 04:26 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  In my opinion the Illuminati is just something dumb people use to try and justify their shitty lives. Like don't blame me, my life is shit because the Illuminati is oppressing me. I mean come on, if the Illuminati is this secret organisation then how come the crack fiend on the corner knows all about it, you know what I mean.
You don't believe the illuminati? Oh my gawdd but they are everywhere! They are even so bold to put their occult symbols on the back of the US dollar bill!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Sometimes I wish I could believe this stuff so I could live in my own Harry Potter world. It seems like so much fun.
05-12-2013, 06:37 PM
I only made it like 4 minutes into the video before I had to turn it off. But there was someone in the room at the same time, and he said "what the ACTUAL FUCK are you watching?" Big Grin Figured someone might get a laugh out of that fact.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
05-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Ok....

I decided to come back to this thread and word things a bit kinder. Tongue Doubt it'll do any good, but meh.

Nobody WANTS to be taken-in by religion. Nobody fucking wants that shit but a very select few; let's be honest here. It's one of those things that either just happens from apathy, a misunderstanding of science, or your parents raised you in that manner. I am still (barely) in my twenties and *I* wish I could get the years of my life back that I wasted on religion. Much less a person who spent much longer on it.

I will never apologize or be made to feel guilty about that particular life decision. I didn't know any better and I got suckered into a few weird lifestyles along the way. Granted, my love of biology should have driven anything religious to the back of my mind, but it didn't. So what? I was wrong. Nobody is perfect. The only thing that matters is that I eventually found the error of my ways and quit lying to myself about certain things. I personally think I am a stronger person now *because* of that experience. I am definitely more appreciative of skepticism and life in general.

Do you get it now, Chippy?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 4 users Like Cephalotus's post
06-12-2013, 12:22 PM
The Chippy derailment has been moved to the vipers pit please continue any interaction with him there.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
(06-12-2013 12:22 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The Chippy derailment has been moved to the vipers pit please continue any interaction with him there.

Please just ban his trolling ass.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post