It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: It's Supernatural.
(21-11-2013 07:15 PM)Tazay Wrote:  I think I found the right place for this? If not I apologize.

My friend just showed me the series "It's Supernatural" by Sid Roth. I can't comprehend how many Conspiracies and blatant crap that fills it. I don't know where to start.

Free Masons trying to resurrect Osiris, having Atlantis.

I just can't fathom anyone actually believing in these...

(Episode in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAK2Mtce9gw )

Thanks for the video as a researcher into alleged supranormal phenomena, I might find it of interest.Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 03:03 AM
(07-12-2013 02:51 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 03:50 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  They are tough to debate.

Yeah right. Like you huh?

Don't start this again >< The posts were moved for a reason ><
07-12-2013, 09:45 AM
(07-12-2013 03:03 AM)Tazay Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 02:51 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Yeah right. Like you huh?

Don't start this again >< The posts were moved for a reason ><

Thank you.
Anywho............back to my question:

"Why is it people feel the need to sell sell sell sometimes[ ie their religion or beliefs ]? Gives them validation?"

I ask because I've heard this argument used against Atheists as well. That atheists can be rather rabid in their non-belief sometimes - helping them feel more confident or confirmed in their decision (???)

How much of belief or non-belief is decision? And why do those decisions need validation?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-12-2013, 10:12 AM
(07-12-2013 09:45 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:03 AM)Tazay Wrote:  Don't start this again >< The posts were moved for a reason ><

Thank you.

"Why is it people feel the need to sell sell sell sometimes[ ie their religion or beliefs ]? Gives them validation?"

I ask because I've heard this argument used against Atheists as well. That atheists can be rather rabid in their non-belief sometimes - helping them feel more confident or confirmed in their decision (???)

How much of belief or non-belief is decision? And why do those decisions need validation?

Oh this is evolutionary. Tribal identity was very important (much more so than individual identity) to survival in the Hunter-gatherer days. Your group needed to be strong and coherent, you could not be backbiting each other or you would die come winter. We were H/G for far longer than we have been settled into 1 spot farming or even living in a permanent structure and some of those traits have yet to be bred out.

If you saw a stranger in your lands chances were high he was a scout for a raiding party and had hostile intentions (rape murder pillage kidnapping of the women) if however he shared your tribes markings, religion style of clothes etc, he may have been there to trade or to share news. So we have been conditioned to distrust the outsider unless they share that which makes us Us.

So the safest way to neutralise the threat from neighboring tribes was to band together into a larger tribe. Religion is a good way to unify people, it has always been more about control than any pondering of metaphysics. It is an imperfect system but it is from before the dawn of civilization so that explains why it is so omnipresent.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-12-2013, 10:36 AM
(21-11-2013 07:15 PM)Tazay Wrote:  I think I found the right place for this? If not I apologize.

My friend just showed me the series "It's Supernatural" by Sid Roth. I can't comprehend how many Conspiracies and blatant crap that fills it. I don't know where to start.

Holy cow, I just finally got around to watching this. There goes 20 minutes I'll never get back. Do real people really believe this shit? I can't fathom!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-12-2013, 06:26 PM
(07-12-2013 10:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Holy cow, I just finally got around to watching this. There goes 20 minutes I'll never get back. Do real people really believe this shit? I can't fathom!

Thats what I thought xD My friend who showed me that watched most of the episodes available. He found it comical.

And Revenant77x has brought up a great point about tribes.
07-12-2013, 06:35 PM
(07-12-2013 10:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 09:45 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Thank you.

Oh this is evolutionary. Tribal identity was very important (much more so than individual identity) to survival in the Hunter-gatherer days. Your group needed to be strong and coherent, you could not be backbiting each other or you would die come winter. We were H/G for far longer than we have been settled into 1 spot farming or even living in a permanent structure and some of those traits have yet to be bred out.

If you saw a stranger in your lands chances were high he was a scout for a raiding party and had hostile intentions (rape murder pillage kidnapping of the women) if however he shared your tribes markings, religion style of clothes etc, he may have been there to trade or to share news. So we have been conditioned to distrust the outsider unless they share that which makes us Us.

So the safest way to neutralise the threat from neighboring tribes was to band together into a larger tribe. Religion is a good way to unify people, it has always been more about control than any pondering of metaphysics. It is an imperfect system but it is from before the dawn of civilization so that explains why it is so omnipresent.

Religion also laid down rules that made life within the tribe safer - like no murdering, no sleeping with someone else's wife/husband, no stealing and such.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-12-2013, 06:51 PM
(07-12-2013 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 10:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh this is evolutionary. Tribal identity was very important (much more so than individual identity) to survival in the Hunter-gatherer days. Your group needed to be strong and coherent, you could not be backbiting each other or you would die come winter. We were H/G for far longer than we have been settled into 1 spot farming or even living in a permanent structure and some of those traits have yet to be bred out.

Religion also laid down rules that made life within the tribe safer - like no murdering, no sleeping with someone else's wife/husband, no stealing and such.

I am a part of the school of thought that says that religion didn't add any morality to a society it just took what was there and codified it. The shared celebrations and feasts however did provide a sense of community (even now shared celebration is what makes a culture) Besides we are talking about the original religions elemental shamanistic fertility based not the dogmatic patriarchal monotheism that popped up much later.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-12-2013, 05:04 AM
(07-12-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Religion also laid down rules that made life within the tribe safer - like no murdering, no sleeping with someone else's wife/husband, no stealing and such.

I am a part of the school of thought that says that religion didn't add any morality to a society it just took what was there and codified it. The shared celebrations and feasts however did provide a sense of community (even now shared celebration is what makes a culture) Besides we are talking about the original religions elemental shamanistic fertility based not the dogmatic patriarchal monotheism that popped up much later.

I agree, it didn't add morality. It did, however, add "the law". Which gave further support to morality.

08-12-2013, 09:13 AM
(08-12-2013 05:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 06:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I am a part of the school of thought that says that religion didn't add any morality to a society it just took what was there and codified it. The shared celebrations and feasts however did provide a sense of community (even now shared celebration is what makes a culture) Besides we are talking about the original religions elemental shamanistic fertility based not the dogmatic patriarchal monotheism that popped up much later.

I agree, it didn't add morality. It did, however, add "the law". Which gave further support to morality.

Some of the "Lost Tribes" deep in the Amazon or on isolated south pacific islands still had the a system of belief much closer to what first came about, and with them Taboo was the main enforcement breaking such things would lead to expulsion from the tribe. In a small group everyone knows what everyone else is doing, even more so when living communally, so such things are much easier to enforce. They tend not to have the crazy hangs up about sex that christians do (Thanks Paul, you goat fucking bastard) but where as the ban on sodomy was a crime that had to be self reported if everyone is sleeping in the same large hut you can see how it would be hard to hid activities that were frowned upon.