Serious indeed!

[Image: ace2_zps2ajnksuy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-01-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: It's Time To Get Serious
(04-01-2015 08:31 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 08:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  iGod is incompatible with iPad; how typical.

Darn, sorry about that.

Oh well, I talked to God about this on my special red phone, and he said it would be ok for you to be an atheist then.

When you die, just enter this coupon code "XUysty32b" in the form outside the pearly gates, and you'll be automatically processed in to the cheap seats in heaven.

If you ever get a real computer, then you can of course talk to God yourself and ask for the free upgrade.

Until then, happy disbelieving!

Oh, ok! Gee wizz. Thanks!

I'll continue to disbelieve in Bigfoot, fairies, the boogie man, the Headless Motorcycle Killer, abrahamic god, Yeti, Gnomes, Trolls, Mermaids, god, Vishnu, Hunahpu Utiu, Santy Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the killer boogie man, Ice Monsters, Zeus and everything else that doesn't exist.

Whew! Wow, I was so fuckin worried that you wouldn't allow me to not believe in all the above shit.

KissKissKiss

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-01-2015, 08:25 PM
(04-01-2015 08:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 08:31 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Darn, sorry about that.

Oh well, I talked to God about this on my special red phone, and he said it would be ok for you to be an atheist then.

When you die, just enter this coupon code "XUysty32b" in the form outside the pearly gates, and you'll be automatically processed in to the cheap seats in heaven.

If you ever get a real computer, then you can of course talk to God yourself and ask for the free upgrade.

Until then, happy disbelieving!

Oh, ok! Gee wizz. Thanks!

I'll continue to disbelieve in Bigfoot, fairies, the boogie man, the Headless Motorcycle Killer, abrahamic god, Yeti, Gnomes, Trolls, Mermaids, god, Vishnu, Hunahpu Utiu, Santy Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the killer boogie man, Ice Monsters, Zeus and everything else that doesn't exist.

Whew! Wow, I was so fuckin worried that you wouldn't allow me to not believe in all the above shit.

KissKissKiss

Pssst...dance...MSBB banned his sorry ass earlier today. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-01-2015, 08:30 PM
(04-01-2015 08:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 08:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh, ok! Gee wizz. Thanks!

KissKissKiss

Pssst...dance...MSBB banned his sorry ass earlier today. Yes

Oh hell! I missed all the fun. Dammit!

I gotta pay more attention to what's going on around here.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-01-2015, 08:40 PM
(04-01-2015 07:06 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Rest your brain and go read some of Gordon's stuff. He gave up religion...again.

That was so 1:30. Now, I realize it's not that my religion has died; it's that God has completed it. I could write a 500 page book on Veridican theology, but it would just be excess words on a page. Veridicanism, the religion God gave to me, has only one sentence to its entire theology:

Believe in Jesus, then make your own religion from that.

There is absolutely nothing else I can say about Veridicanism. That is the entire philosophy of my religion. Nevertheless, I believe it 100%.

I think atheism is a part of the spiritual path. I think people have to become atheists in some way, or they never get to the truth. And I think that truth lies beyond atheism and theism, and that's a paradox, but I think it's true.

Hey Gordon, as Isaiah 1:18 said, "Come now, let us reason together."

You already know that atheism is most inclusively defined as "the absence of belief that any deities exist."

You also know that this absence of belief in deities is, in fact, the way we were all born. It requires education in religion to believe in deities. For example, if you had never heard of the bible, you would never have heard of Jesus. That is why I say that I am an atheist, not by choice, but rather it is my most natural state of being.

I had no say in the matter because I was born this way. So were you, and so was everybody else on earth. The state of atheism is our most natural state of being, and also, it is the most honest. Why?

Well like I said in previous threads, there are so many different takes on what God is, who Jesus was, innumerable churches with different doctrines, and everybody and his brother has a differing point of view on this issue of God.

And what makes all this completely distasteful is that everybody is claiming that they are the only ones who know the truth, and if you don't buy into their doctrine you will go to some version of hell or other.

Gordon, you are not a stupid man at all. You know that what I am saying is true. So the question is this:

With all this doctrine and confusion about God, who is right?

That question is meant to be rhetorical, because you see ... it doesn't really matter. What really matters is, since you agree that everything in your bible points to serving the people, then just do that and expect no reward.

Think about this Gordon; with me being an atheist and a humanist, I help people because I want to, and they need it. I expect no reward. I don't want any reward.

Now think for a moment; if God were to exist, and he were to judge me based upon my conduct, and he knew that I did good works with no expectation of any kind of reward, then do you really think he would send me to hell just because I lack beliefs?

If God exists he wouldn't be stupid. He would know all about the confusion among people as to what the truth is in regards to him. He wouldn't blame anybody for being an atheist under these conditions.

So, if many of these so-called "Followers of Jesus" are going around doing works for Jesus and God, with the expectation of a reward of going to heaven, well then Gordon ... they are doing it wrong:

Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

In the quote above you see Jesus emphasizing three times the words "In your name, through your name." Jesus said what they were doing contradicted the "law."

The law they are violating is the Golden Rule: "Do unto others." Why? Notice they said they did the works, cast out demons, and prophesied? Those are things that the golden rule is all about. Those are the kinds of things people do for each other because they love each other.

The law was broke because they didn't do those works for each other, but for Jesus and for God. They did the works expecting a reward, and they got squat.

My point? If God exists, and I don't believe in him, yet I go around doing good works out of the goodness of my heart and expecting no reward because I don't believe in deities ... then it is my opinion that any atheist who does good things for other people (most do btw) will have a far better chance of getting into heaven than any Christian could ever hope to have.

So again, "do unto others," and to hell with religion.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
04-01-2015, 09:20 PM

I have been an atheist since my sophomore year in college.
An informative course I had was "the history of the roman empire- 79bc to 323 ad".
Basically, jesus was a jew that was cast aside by fellow jews as well as his jewish family. One really can't discount the fact that they- the jews- were there and saw him as a FRAUD. To this day, over 2000 years later, their belief hasn't changed and it never will. How can a religion as false as christianity still be around with their lead savior being a fraud ???? Even in the advanced state we are now in, many are still being taught that the meaning and purpose to life isn't found within one's self. It can only be found through someone else.
[+] 2 users Like DOG1's post
04-01-2015, 10:14 PM
(04-01-2015 09:20 PM)DOG1 Wrote:  
An informative course I had was "the history of the roman empire- 79bc to 323 ad".
Basically, jesus was a jew that was cast aside by fellow jews as well as his jewish family. One really can't discount the fact that they- the jews- were there and saw him as a FRAUD. To this day, over 2000 years later, their belief hasn't changed and it never will. How can a religion as false as christianity still be around with their lead savior being a fraud ???? Even in the advanced state we are now in, many are still being taught that the meaning and purpose to life isn't found within one's self. It can only be found through someone else.

[Image: gh1PcN7Agxlcc.gif]

Welcome to the forum.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-01-2015, 10:41 PM
(04-01-2015 09:20 PM)DOG1 Wrote:  

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 5 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
04-01-2015, 11:00 PM
My eyes are bleeding Sadcryface

[Image: Look+at+her+left+eye+_7d7704170c8b7c14cb...72e197.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Come on now. He's not yelling, just talking assertively. Yelling is all caps.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco