It's Your Dime

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: It's Your Dime
I used one of these when I worked for an insurance company as an accounting clerk. Yes, that is a hand crank on the right side. Facepalm

[Image: QH5LV6b.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
08-09-2016, 02:01 PM
(08-09-2016 01:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I used one of these when I worked for an insurance company as an accounting clerk. Yes, that is a hand crank on the right side. Facepalm

[Image: QH5LV6b.jpg]

Remember the machines that embossed amounts onto checks? A big step up from handwritten checks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-09-2016, 02:10 PM
(08-09-2016 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Remember the machines that embossed amounts onto checks? A big step up from handwritten checks.

Made me think of these...
[Image: manual-imprinter-1024x768.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Been through the wringer.

[Image: traditional-laundry-products.jpg]

Grandma used to do the laundry with a similar setup when I was a young'un. I still remember the day mom's youngest sister got her knee length hair caught in it. When it was over she not only looked like she'd been through the wringer she had.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
08-09-2016, 05:27 PM
(08-09-2016 05:15 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Been through the wringer.

Grandma used to do the laundry with a similar setup when I was a young'un. I still remember the day mom's youngest sister got her knee length hair caught in it. When it was over she not only looked like she'd been through the wringer she had.

In my early twenties I lived in my grandparent's house and used their old wringer washer for about a year. Lots of snaps, buttons, and zippers were sacrificed. But you sure could get the clothes clean. Sucked in winter though since it was in the unheated and uninsulated basement.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-09-2016, 05:28 PM

Fancy machinery you got there! My mom had to kneel in front of the tub and wash by hand. Underwear was boiled in a big pot.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-09-2016, 05:41 PM
The people in this thread are really pulling out all the stops

[Image: organ-stops-b50000.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-09-2016, 06:01 PM
(07-09-2016 07:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  That's when I realized those kids were of the microwave popcorn generation. She may have seen someone use a popcorn popper or one of those air popping machines but she had never it seen it prepared 'the old fashioned way'. Blink

Reminds me of my mother and her first job in the big city. She was working as a preschool teacher but she had grown up on the country side and had lived there all her life. Then we moved into the city and she got that job.
She was talking about farming with the children and where the milk comes from. And after that, she had them draw cows and farms and so on. One of the kids was drawing a purple cow because apparently the only cow it had see so far was the purple Milka cow from TV advertisment. So it thought that this is what cows just look like.
[Image: milka-cow.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
08-09-2016, 07:05 PM
(08-09-2016 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Fancy machinery you got there! My mom had to kneel in front of the tub and wash by hand. Underwear was boiled in a big pot.

I'm pretty sure grandma would have done it that way too. Just not in my lifetime.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
08-09-2016, 07:11 PM
(08-09-2016 07:05 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  Fancy machinery you got there! My mom had to kneel in front of the tub and wash by hand. Underwear was boiled in a big pot.

I'm pretty sure grandma would have done it that way too. Just not in my lifetime.

Mom never did get a wringer - but she did get a washing machine eventually.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man