It's a miracle - Lady Antebellum bus fire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 07:21 AM
It's a miracle - Lady Antebellum bus fire
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Bus-Fir...79591.html

The American Country Music awards, or some such shit, was big news here in Dallas the last few days. I am not a fan of country music so I wouldn't have even known had a miracle not occurred.

Just a few miles from where I work Lady Antebellum's tour bus (well one of them) caught fire. No one was injured but supposedly several things in the back of the bus were were charred or totally destroyed. But one thing survived unscathed...wait for it...the Bible. It's a miracle I tell ya, a miracle!

I heard this quite touching account very shortly after the fire on the radio...it was in the "Breaking News" segment on the station I listen to for traffic and weather. Facepalm

Apparently God wants to make sure the good book makes it to the venue.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-04-2015, 07:27 AM
RE: It's a miracle - Lady Antebellum bus fire
I think I saw that on Facebook yesterday or something. I didn't realize it was Lady A though. I like their music. Too bad they haven't been enlightened yet. Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
19-04-2015, 07:34 AM
I never got this god wants thing. He wants them to live to sing about jesus but african christians are be shot yet he does nothing about it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-04-2015, 07:43 AM
(19-04-2015 07:34 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I never got this god wants thing. He wants them to live to sing about jesus but african christians are be shot yet he does nothing about it.

Lady Antebellum is a country band, not a Christian band.

This was a 'Bible survives disaster' story, not a 'god wants songs of praise' story. Nor was anyone shot, though a bus was lost.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-04-2015, 07:49 AM
I had a car of mine burn to a crisp once....

All my 8 tracks were in a steel ammo box - and turned into a puddle in the bottom...

Including the christian crap my girlfriend at the time kept in my car.....

So, something good came outta the fire...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Years ago my then boyfriend and his father replaced the brakes on the car I drove. I was driving to work (graveyard shift) and heading downhill toward the Mississippi River when the brakes went out - totally out! Gasp....I made it through the town and coasted to a friend's house and went inside to call the boyfriend and calm my nerves when we heard an explosion. Ran outside to find that the rear passenger side tire had exploded and caught fire. Luckily the man who lived right where I parked was a volunteer fireman. He ran outside and gabbed his garden hose and put the fire out.

Scared the bejesus outta me. I could have been in a flaming car careening into the river just moments earlier. Sadcryface

19-04-2015, 08:10 AM
That OP story just grates doesn't it?

I prefer the breaking news when churches get hit by lightning, catch fire and burn to the ground. Normally mo one is in them at those special times so, of course, wait for it....

wait to it...

A MIRCLE no one was hurt!

Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-04-2015, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 09:19 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(19-04-2015 07:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Years ago my then boyfriend and his father replaced the brakes on the car I drove. I was driving to work (graveyard shift) and heading downhill toward the Mississippi River when the brakes went out - totally out! Gasp....I made it through the town and coasted to a friend's house and went inside to call the boyfriend and calm my nerves when we heard an explosion. Ran outside to find that the rear passenger side tire had exploded and caught fire. Luckily the man who lived right where I parked was a volunteer fireman. He ran outside and gabbed his garden hose and put the fire out.

Scared the bejesus outta me. I could have been in a flaming car careening into the river just moments earlier. Sadcryface

the lawd jesus himsef saved you!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

so glad you were lucky, wouldnt know what to do if you hadnt survived that so I can selfishly enjoy your posts on a heathen website Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-04-2015, 09:24 AM
(19-04-2015 07:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Bus-Fir...79591.html

The American Country Music awards, or some such shit, was big news here in Dallas the last few days. I am not a fan of country music so I wouldn't have even known had a miracle not occurred.

Just a few miles from where I work Lady Antebellum's tour bus (well one of them) caught fire. No one was injured but supposedly several things in the back of the bus were were charred or totally destroyed. But one thing survived unscathed...wait for it...the Bible. It's a miracle I tell ya, a miracle!

I heard this quite touching account very shortly after the fire on the radio...it was in the "Breaking News" segment on the station I listen to for traffic and weather. Facepalm

Apparently God wants to make sure the good book makes it to the venue.

I would maybe be forced to pause for a moment and reflect my worldview if say....a tornado swept a small town off the map, everyone died, and every building flattened EXCEPT the church, AND the wind gathered all of the bibles and stacked them up neatly in the church parking lot......dunh dunh dunh...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Miracles used to be parting the ocean and raising the dead. Now they are a bible that didn't get destroyed in a fire. Seems like Yahweh is getting feeble in his old age.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP