It's a really, really good day!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: It's a really, really good day!!!!!
(09-02-2016 06:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As for my old/current job...I simply don't care any more.

The job I interviewed for, that I really want, is mine, we just have to decide on a start date. One of the people there is in the hospital and the owner wants to wait till things calm down and he isn't having to pull double duty so that he can focus on training me. So probably the end of the month I can say goodbye to chaos and the job from hell. Thumbsup

And...
My older daughter and my son are giving me something very special...I can't have it for a couple weeks but that's okay.

I think his name is going to be Ziggy. Big Grin

[img][Image: puppy2_zpsafwajlpy.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: puppy3_zpsm0lzt3gp.jpg][/img]

I get to meet him Saturday - oops, I mean Sunday.

Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

So very happy for you, congratulationsBig GrinHeartBig Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
10-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I'm glad you are getting out of a job you don't like and I think that puppy is about as cute as they come. Your life is looking up.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
10-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Want pics please of the cuteness... take more when you meet Ziggy HeartHeart
10-02-2016, 07:31 PM
What breed of dog is that ? We've been thinking of getting my brother a dog of his own, so he won't mope when mine is not home to play with him. My dad wants a husky or golden retriever for him ... as in a "big" dog.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-02-2016, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2016 05:17 AM by Anjele.)
(10-02-2016 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What breed of dog is that ? We've been thinking of getting my brother a dog of his own, so he won't mope when mine is not home to play with him. My dad wants a husky or golden retriever for him ... as in a "big" dog.

Like Chopper, Ziggy Ball is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Certainly not a big dog. Chop was a little heavy according to the vet at 22 pounds. I have a female who weighs in at about 20 pounds.

Your brother is on the autism spectrum, isn't he? I think a golden would be a better choice than a husky. While a golden needs exercise, they can also be pretty mellow companions. The one I had years ago loved to fetch, go for walks, and swim. The thing he liked best was fetching when you threw something into water...tennis balls, retrieving dummies, sticks.

Chop was a couch potato though he liked a game of fetch (more like keep away). Karma is a little more high energy but also quite the couch potato. They are great dogs as they aren't aggressive, are quite gentle, just as happy to veg as they are to play. What's most important is that they want to be near you - I have heard them referred to as 'Velcro dogs'. Mine do/did not like water though.

They are portable, which is nice...but grooming is an issue. I kept Chopper shaved down and their ears can grow quite long and I keep those trimmed up too. One of the traits is that the fur on their feet grows into 'slippers'. That makes for some muddy/dirty paws issues. I also kept those trimmed up. A golden needs regular brushing but they don't turn into dust mops if not shaved down.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-02-2016, 08:14 PM
(10-02-2016 07:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What breed of dog is that ? We've been thinking of getting my brother a dog of his own, so he won't mope when mine is not home to play with him. My dad wants a husky or golden retriever for him ... as in a "big" dog.

Like Chopper, Ziggy Ball is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Certainly not a big dog. Chop was a little heavy according to the vet at 22 pounds. I have a female who weighs in at about 20 pounds.

Your brother is on the autism spectrum, isn't he? I think a golden would be a better choice than a husky. While a golden needs exercise, they can also be pretty mellow companions. The one I had years ago loved to fetch, go for walks, and swim. The thing he liked best was fetching when you threw something into water...tennis balls, retrieving dummies, sticks.

Chop was a couch potato though he like a game of fetch (more like keep away). Karma is a little more high energy but also quite the couch potato. They are great dogs as they aren't aggressive, are quite gentle, just as happy to veg as they are to play. What's most important is that they want to be near you - I have heard them referred to as 'Velcro dogs'. Mine do/did not like water though.

They are portable, which is nice...but grooming is an issue. I kept Chopper shaved down and their ears can grow quite long and I keep those trimmed up too. One of the traits is that the fur on their feet grows into 'slippers'. That makes for some muddy/dirty paws issues. I also kept those trimmed up. A golden needs regular brushing but they don't turn into dust mops if not shaved down.

I will second the nomination of a golden retriever. Anj has the right of it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Due to some scheduling issues and changes in plans I will be venturing deep into BuFu Texas by myself to meet Ziggy. Google Maps has been studied as I don't even know if GPS works where I am going. Blink

Have my camera ready and a small blanket that I will put behind my back so that my scent gets on it. I will leave the blanket for the puppy to have till I pick him up in a couple weeks. Also found Chopper's first Harley collar, I will bring that along too.

Hopefully I won't get too lost and will be back later to post some pictures. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
14-02-2016, 06:46 PM
It was hard to get good pictures. Ziggy wanted to stay in my lap after the first minute or two. Whenever I would move him his little tail was wagging like crazy. I can pick him up the last weekend of this month. He's a sweetie!

[img][Image: P2140945_zpsa3dx95ep.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: P2140959_zpsrfstk56d.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: P2140954_zpshrjlr0ed.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: P2140956_zpsqefyh4r1.jpg][/img]

[+] 9 users Like Anjele's post
14-02-2016, 06:53 PM
(14-02-2016 06:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It was hard to get good pictures. Ziggy wanted to stay in my lap after the first minute or two. Whenever I would move him his little tail was wagging like crazy. I can pick him up the last weekend of this month. He's a sweetie!

HeartHeart Look at those eyes, and the patterns on the fur...so adorableBig Grin
14-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Great, thanks Anje. Now I want to pet it. Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post