It's been 30 years already?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: It's been 30 years already?
The shop where I was working at the time had a TV in the customer waiting area, it was still a big event at the time.
When mission control said "throttle up" it looked like it just exploded, I knew something very wrong had happened.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2016, 05:31 PM
I recall it well. In fact I can see it in my mind's eye now.

I also there were jokes about it by lunch time. I did not approve.

But there you go.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-01-2016, 05:33 PM
It's never "too soon" for a joke......

Well -- maybe at the scene of an accident.......

But, on the way home -- fair game....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-01-2016, 11:52 AM
(28-01-2016 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 12:41 PM)kim Wrote:  I was then extremely relieved when I heard that Dr Feynman would be consulting on the investigation of the disaster. He found that they fucked it up because everyone (including NASA) cared more about the pony show than the science.

Volume 2: Appendix F - Personal Observations on Reliability of Shuttle - R.P. Feynman

WOW! Heart Thank you for that, Girly! Bowing

I never tire of reading Dr Feynman's thoughts - his clarity of reason is honest, logical and sincere. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-01-2016, 03:40 PM
I was about ten months old, so I probably saw it on TV, but I don't remember.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-01-2016, 03:51 PM
I watched it live on tv and later people were saying I couldn't have seen it live because only CNN broadcast it live and I didn't have CNN at the time. But a local Los Angeles station was airing the lift off live and that's what I was watching. I found it on youtube recently too. So there!

(People telling me I didn't see it live... geesh!....grumble... grumble.... grumble....)

While I was looking for that video I came across the Columbia disaster in 2003 and the Mission control conversation with Columbia. As soon as the shuttle commander reported several tiles had fallen off you can see the concern on the Houston controllers faces. I think they knew it was all over for the crew. That poor Mission Control Flight Director. It wasn't his fault that the tiles came off.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.