It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 05:04 PM
It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.
Oh I know, I saw this earlier this week. Breaks my heart, those little shits! I sure hope I raise my children better than that. I hope these kids get a lesson in humanity that changes them for the better, too.

Did you know this?

Bullied grandma in N.Y. bus video stunned by generosity

22-06-2012, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 07:04 PM by Anjele.)
RE: It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.
Kids are no longer taught respect for their elders, or for other people in general.

Basic decency isn't something that kids can relate to who are from the everyone gets a trophy generation. Parents that think their little angels are perfect don't seem to think they need to learn how to behave like decent human beings...it's a generation of bullies and the parents need a damn spanking.

I have one granddaughter that I can't stand to be around, she is just a spoiled miserable brat and has been told by her parents that she doesn't even need to follow a few simple rules in my house. The other two (different mother) have great manners and know that their mom means it when she tells them to behave.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-06-2012, 06:20 PM
(22-06-2012 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

The father of one of the boys was interviewed and he seemed genuinely horrified at what his son had done. His reaction was also thoughtful and caring. There is hope.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Hope maybe, but the teaching should have begun much earlier.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Absolutely disgusting. I know that one person can't, nor should, apologize on the behalf of his peers.... But....

I apologize on behalf of my generation. This is utterly, and morally, unacceptable.
Weeping Weeping

I feel compelled to write to this woman and give her my thoughts and comfort. I truly despise immoral behaviors.

Just fucking unbelieveable.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
22-06-2012, 08:00 PM
(22-06-2012 06:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-06-2012 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

The father of one of the boys was interviewed and he seemed genuinely horrified at what his son had done. His reaction was also thoughtful and caring. There is hope.

There's always hope. If my kid was involved I'd make them watch it over and over again while I watched until I was confident they appreciated the difference between being fucking funny and being a goddam fucking prick.

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-06-2012, 08:21 PM
To be honest, I do not think it's a generational thing. I just think the world is smaller. Bullying has happened since forever ago. We know about this because of technology and our 'smaller' world, and we can call people on shit like this. I know many, MANY outstanding young people whom I am proud will be our future generation.

This incident IS heart breaking and wrong.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
22-06-2012, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 09:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-06-2012 08:21 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  To be honest, I do not think it's a generational thing. ...
This incident IS heart breaking and wrong.

I'm crying because we are still capable of that as a species. ... Time to evolve. ... Time to die.

Like ... tears, in rain.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-06-2012, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 09:05 PM by fstratzero.)
They must've thought that once they were on the bus nobody could punish them.

But then, the public went postal on them. It shows that it pays to "Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted lol

Take heart. We are amazing human beings and this lady has received enough money from the public to do something awesome.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp