It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.
They ought to publicly name every kid that did that in the local paper with a picture and force each one of those brats to write a public apology with the pic or face expulsion.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2012, 11:16 PM
RE: It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.
(22-06-2012 10:52 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  They ought to publicly name every kid that did that in the local paper with a picture and force each one of those brats to write a public apology with the pic or face expulsion.
These kids have received over a thousand death threats. I don't think that's the answer either Sad
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
22-06-2012, 11:21 PM
(22-06-2012 11:16 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(22-06-2012 10:52 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  They ought to publicly name every kid that did that in the local paper with a picture and force each one of those brats to write a public apology with the pic or face expulsion.
These kids have received over a thousand death threats. I don't think that's the answer either Sad

That ain't the answer. This is the answer.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Mob mentality is seriously such a strange thing. It's likely these kids wouldn't do something like this if they were separated. I wonder if one of them in particular was the ring leader.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
23-06-2012, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 12:18 AM by riseinside.)
(22-06-2012 11:27 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Mob mentality is seriously such a strange thing. It's likely these kids wouldn't do something like this if they were separated. I wonder if one of them in particular was the ring leader.

Agreed. Not that it excused them or makes any single kid more guilty. I've seen it in school growing up. These kids will pick on you as a pack but when they are singled out its completely different. One kid takes the lead and the rest follow and don't feel they can act differently than the ring leader.

I wish I could say I was surprised by this but anymore I am just not. As a kid I witnessed bullying like this directed at me. It hurts. In the beginning you know what they are saying is not true but at some point it starts to become your reality. That's the worst part. When your self esteem is destroyed and you feel that what these people are saying is who you really are. Even today I deal with the fallout. I wish her the best in getting past this horrible attack.

On a side note I would like to add that I have created a FB group called 'Take A Stand Against Bullying' if anybody is interested in discussing this subject. I don't want to take away from the forums but its a cause that hits very, very close to home. Heck, even my 6 year old son is starting to get bullied in school.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/205851346185172/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
23-06-2012, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 03:58 AM by earmuffs.)
Yeah saw this on good ol' sxephil (youtube person, must be close to having most subscriptions).

Haven't watched the video because I really don't want to because I don't want to have to buy a new TV.

But to me it sounds like these kids need a beating.

Reminds me of this guy, we need more parents like this guy:

and when Dr Phil has a go at this guy he OWNs Dr Phil

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
23-06-2012, 04:40 AM
(23-06-2012 03:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Haven't watched the video because I really don't want to because I don't want to have to buy a new TV.
Same. If it reduces Girly to tears... not my cuppa tea. She looks like such a nice granny too. And she didn't press charges. Not vengeful or anything.

Bit sad that people don't see the irony in sending a death threat to someone for acting like a shit...
23-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Wasn't she there as an authority figure? Did she take control of the situation?

As for that father: His spying on his daughter on facebook resulted in him discovering that she vented a little of her frustration, so he puts a bullet through her most personal possession and demanded she pay for the ammunition. Next time what will he put a bullet through?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-06-2012, 06:54 AM
(23-06-2012 05:45 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Wasn't she there as an authority figure? Did she take control of the situation?

As for that father: His spying on his daughter on facebook resulted in him discovering that she vented a little of her frustration, so he puts a bullet through her most personal possession and demanded she pay for the ammunition. Next time what will he put a bullet through?
Obviously never had to take the bus to and from school.

And it was fair enough, she was being a complete bitch.
I'd never say anything like that about my parents. That bitch should be grateful and instead she acts like a complete bitch.
What the father did was bloody spot on. Kids these days are fucking spoiled and have no manners let alone no respect for anything and tough love is what is needed. Every other generation has had to put up with "tough love" except this one because everything is so fucking PC.
If you are old enough to through abuse at some innocent old grandma, even if she is there as a sort of authority figure (which is no excuse for their behavior I might add) then you are old enough to have some sense beaten into you and take all the consequences thrown your way.

People are just fucking soft of kids these days, parents can't touch them and the fucking little shits know it.
Back in my day and sure as fuck my parents day you step out of line and your father would be taking off his belt, now it's a fucking stupid written letter that your parents have to force you to write. What does writing a letter teach? Fucking nothing, you know your father's belts coming off if you're disrespectful it's 'yes sir, no sir two bags full sir', it sure as fuck isn't "FUCK OFF BITCH OR I'LL CALL CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES!!!!!".

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
23-06-2012, 11:37 AM
(23-06-2012 12:14 AM)riseinside Wrote:  Heck, even my 6 year old son is starting to get bullied in school.
Do what my brother and I did for his son. Over one summer, he and I taught him martial arts (Kenpo and Bushido respectively). Then we got him and his bully alone outside of school in the fall. Then my nephew showed the bully that it was a bad idea to pick on him anymore. Best part, he did so without even touching the other kid. Face it, you're not going to mess with a kid who can do a backflip over your head, can break a 4X4 with his forehead, and can run up a flat, vertical surface for about ten feet. This was when my nephew was 8. Since then he has basically stomped out bullying in his school.

Of course that's a happier story than when I was a freshman. Some prick was accusing me of flirting with his girl when I was just talking to her about class. I walked away. He threw a punch at the back of my head. In one swift movement I moved to the side and threw the guy to the floor. Me:1 Bully:-2 (-2 front teeth that is).

Normally I'm opposed to violence, but not when you're defending yourself.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post