It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.
(23-06-2012 04:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-06-2012 03:54 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Haven't watched the video because I really don't want to because I don't want to have to buy a new TV.
Same. If it reduces Girly to tears... not my cuppa tea. She looks like such a nice granny too. And she didn't press charges. Not vengeful or anything.

Yeah, 10 solid minutes of tears and it wasn't 'cause my testosterone was low 'cause I had already dosed. On the positive side Gramma's getting about a half million $US from donations for tolerating that bullshit like ... well a Gramma. That gives me some hope in our collective humanity. Smile

(23-06-2012 11:37 AM)Science Believer Wrote:  Do what my brother and I did for his son. Over one summer, he and I taught him martial arts (Kenpo and Bushido respectively). Then we got him and his bully alone outside of school in the fall. Then my nephew showed the bully that it was a bad idea to pick on him anymore. Best part, he did so without even touching the other kid. Face it, you're not going to mess with a kid who can do a backflip over your head, can break a 4X4 with his forehead, and can run up a flat, vertical surface for about ten feet. This was when my nephew was 8. Since then he has basically stomped out bullying in his school.

Bravo! You made an Anti-Bully. Thumbsup

(23-06-2012 11:37 AM)Science Believer Wrote:  Of course that's a happier story than when I was a freshman. Some prick was accusing me of flirting with his girl when I was just talking to her about class. I walked away. He threw a punch at the back of my head. In one swift movement I moved to the side and threw the guy to the floor. Me:1 Bully:-2 (-2 front teeth that is).

Normally I'm opposed to violence, but not when you're defending yourself.

Do not fuck with future Yokozunas. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-06-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: It's been a while since I cried this much and this long for us as a species.
And nobody, NOBODY from the bus got up and bitchslapped these little pricks back into their bus seats? WTF is wrong with all those people? What, they are all afraid that they will end up in jail if they touch the kids? Do you see where that has brought us? Kids fear nothing and nobody. In my days I would be slapped by a bunch of other older people and thrown off the bus immediately. That is why I never ever even remotely thought of something as retarded as this, I knew it was wrong and I knew I would be punished that instant.

Yeah, use your psychology and talk to these pricks, see how that is going to help.

I hope the lady takes that money and goes away for a vacation for the rest of her life.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-06-2012, 03:56 AM
(26-06-2012 03:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  And nobody, NOBODY from the bus got up and bitchslapped these little pricks back into their bus seats? WTF is wrong with all those people? What, they are all afraid that they will end up in jail if they touch the kids? Do you see where that has brought us? Kids fear nothing and nobody. In my days I would be slapped by a bunch of other older people and thrown off the bus immediately. That is why I never ever even remotely thought of something as retarded as this, I knew it was wrong and I knew I would be punished that instant.

Yeah, use your psychology and talk to these pricks, see how that is going to help.

I hope the lady takes that money and goes away for a vacation for the rest of her life.
Well, the coupling of the constant self esteem boosts kids get nowadays, and the lack of strict discipline by parents and teachers, led to the rise of the douchebag movement. Self centered, sociopathic, arrogant pricks who think the world revolves around them. Talking or beating sense into children is not as effective as before. They shrug off advice, and even punishment like water on a duck's back.

The blatant inaction by the rest is most likely due to the mentality of "none of my business", and the wrong perception that by interfering with this blatant act of bullying, more trouble will be caused.

I suggest re-education camps or seminars for these types of children. Seems extreme, but that should heighten their social empathy and knock down their arrogance by a few levels.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
26-06-2012, 03:44 PM
(26-06-2012 03:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, use your psychology and talk to these pricks, see how that is going to help.

Oh, I'm not talking about making them watch it for minutes, or even hours, Filox. I'm talking about making them watch it for days and days. It's not psychology, it's psyops. They might soon forget a beating, they will never forget that. Wink

26-06-2012, 05:28 PM
[Image: clockwork_big.jpg]
Quote:Oh, I'm not talking about making them watch it for minutes, or even hours, Filox. I'm talking about making them watch it for days and days. It's not psychology, it's psyops. They might soon forget a beating, they will never forget that. Wink

I wonder what drug they used to induce the feeling of nausea and body sickness/choking/drowning feeling.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
26-06-2012, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 05:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-06-2012 05:28 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
[Image: clockwork_big.jpg]
Quote:Oh, I'm not talking about making them watch it for minutes, or even hours, Filox. I'm talking about making them watch it for days and days. It's not psychology, it's psyops. They might soon forget a beating, they will never forget that. Wink

I wonder what drug they used to induce the feeling of nausea and body sickness/choking/drowning feeling.

Sleep deprivation coupled with appropriate repetitive audio visual aids. No pharmaceuticals necessary. ... Dunno why the USA claims sleep deprivation ain't torture. It is. Probably 'cause it is more effective and lasting than any other interrogation technique. The long term side effects are unknown, but psychosis seems likely. ... Those fucking kids deserve a taste of it, though.

26-06-2012, 06:09 PM
(26-06-2012 05:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sleep deprivation coupled with appropriate repetitive audio visual aids. No pharmaceuticals necessary. ... Dunno why the USA claims sleep deprivation ain't torture. It is. Probably 'cause it is more effective and lasting than any other interrogation technique. The long term side effects are unknown, but psychosis seems likely. ... Those fucking kids deserve a taste of it, though.

The way technology is going there will probably be no need for torture within 20 years. Brain imaging and sensors are only getting better and more precise. Just ask the right questions and watch which neurons light up in the brain.

Practically suck everything they need right out of your head.

Before the head sucking tech is out I think it will be possible to erase long term memory storage. Could make people forget who they are. Literally reboot the brain... And I can easily see how that could be used for evil but also for good (but maybe in a more controlled manner).

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
26-06-2012, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 07:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-06-2012 06:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(26-06-2012 05:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sleep deprivation coupled with appropriate repetitive audio visual aids. No pharmaceuticals necessary. ... Dunno why the USA claims sleep deprivation ain't torture. It is. Probably 'cause it is more effective and lasting than any other interrogation technique. The long term side effects are unknown, but psychosis seems likely. ... Those fucking kids deserve a taste of it, though.

The way technology is going there will probably be no need for torture within 20 years. Brain imaging and sensors are only getting better and more precise. Just ask the right questions and watch which neurons light up in the brain.

Yup, I know people working this. We'll eventually being able to back the motherfucker up so it can be restored to a previous working state. Wink

(26-06-2012 06:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Before the head sucking tech is out I think it will be possible to erase long term memory storage. Could make people forget who they are. Literally reboot the brain... And I can easily see how that could be used for evil but also for good (but maybe in a more controlled manner).

Or at least force the destructive parts of ourselves into proper perspective thereby making them not only non-destructive, but non-disruptive as well. Doing it selectively is the tricky part. But I agree. I think the technology's close.

26-06-2012, 07:13 PM
(26-06-2012 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-06-2012 06:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The way technology is going there will probably be no need for torture within 20 years. Brain imaging and sensors are only getting better and more precise. Just ask the right questions and watch which neurons light up in the brain.

Yup, I know people working this. We'll eventually being able to back the motherfucker up so it can be restored to a previous working state. Wink

(26-06-2012 06:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Before the head sucking tech is out I think it will be possible to erase long term memory storage. Could make people forget who they are. Literally reboot the brain... And I can easily see how that could be used for evil but also for good (but maybe in a more controlled manner).

Or at least put the destructive parts of ourselves into proper perspective thereby making them not only non-destructive, but non-disruptive as well. Doing it selectively is the tricky part. But I agree. I think the technology's close.
OK, you guys are starting to scare me. Sadcryface

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-06-2012, 07:31 PM
(26-06-2012 07:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, you guys are starting to scare me. Sadcryface

Pussy.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post