It's better to burn out than fade away.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: It's better to burn out than fade away.
Jeremy, It's truly been an honour working with you and knowing you.

I held you in high regard because of your integrity and authenticity. You truly are someone who is true to themselves and others, and nothing I've seen from you has shown me otherwise.

I only want the best for you. You deserve a happy fulfilled life. I really hope something changes and you get better.

All the best!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like DeepThought's post
01-08-2014, 10:48 AM
(01-08-2014 10:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 10:17 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The one and only good theist on the forum has left us. This is truly a sad day for all.

Well, that's not entirely fair. There's TarzanSmith and Kestrel and... probably a couple others...

Aidle seems like a good one so far. Granted he has not discussed religion past Game of Thrones so...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-08-2014, 10:49 AM
(01-08-2014 10:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 10:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, that's not entirely fair. There's TarzanSmith and Kestrel and... probably a couple others...

Aidle seems like a good one so far. Granted he has not discussed religion past Game of Thrones so...

Well I wish they would show up more.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-08-2014, 10:54 AM
(01-08-2014 09:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  “It’s better to burn out than fade away”

I enjoy this quote. It’s appropriate in many different ways. Destiny… change… cannot be stopped. For the last (almost) 3 years I have been a part of this community. I have laughed, raged, argued, cried, and loved with many of you. The year+ that I have served as your admin and the 2+ years I’ve served as one of your mods will forever a part of my life, and it’s a part that I will cherish until the grave.

Irreversible things are continuing to happen to me personally, and I cannot dedicate myself as an admin. Likewise, as many have noticed, I’ve begun to change… these circumstances in my life have affected me… my personality… everything. Made me something I’m not. Made me cynical… negative… combative.

Anyone I offended, I’m sorry. I truly love all of you.

As such, if I cannot be your admin, I cannot be a part of TTA. It’s just the way I’m programed. I have to serve. Once I start, I cannot turn it off like a switch. If I’m forced to turn it off, I have no other choice but to sever the very life of it. Which brings me to this:

For the very first time in my career as admin, I’m abusing my power. I’m doing something that we do not do. Don’t think that any of you will be able to do this in the future because we DO NOT DO THIS. Don’t hold anyone else accountable for this other than me. No one in the FT had any idea that I was doing this; not even my closest friends. This is completely rogue behavior. I want to be very clear about this. Jo… Tim… Marko… Daniel… I hope you can forgive me for doing it.

I’m deleting my account; effectively stamping out any life I have left here on TTA. I hope all of you understand. I hope all of you aren’t too mad at me. I hope all of you can remember and appreciate the great times we had.

This is the only solution I see. If I keep my account and step down, I will eventually return, and I will be unhappy. I will continue to fall into cynism, and I will destroy my reputation of who I REALLY am and not this Frankenstein I’ve become over the past couple of months.

If I ever do return, some may know… maybe… maybe not. There are things in my life I have to accept and deal with before I can even think about joining a community let alone being its leader again.

I wish I could share with all of you what’s in my heart and how I feel about TTA and its residents. But, I don’t know if anyone will fully understand my actions or how I feel when it comes to this… please just accept that I’ve toiled and fought and fought… this is the only way.

I hate “I’m leaving” posts, but I thought I owe it to each and every one of you to at least give a little explanation for my actions. For the past couple of months, I have type this post up a number of times, only to ex it out before I post it. It wasn’t time yet. The time is here, my friends.

So… with that…

I can always be reached at jchill82@gmail.com

I can’t promise a response.

This is apropos… leaving you with a Bible verse:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

Goodbye, TTA.

With love,

KC (Jeremy)

This is undoubtedly the most beautiful post I have read on an online forum. I say that because it was from the heart and every word was carefully chosen and rigirous honesty!

Thank you for sharing what happened to you and the negative transformation you described has happened to me as well.

I started coming to Atheist forums at Atheist forums.org and I was just deconverting. At the time, I was still going to confession and mass, but thoroughly fed up with Catholicism, Scripture, and Prayer.

I came to the Forum thinking that Atheists were cut off from God, cut off from grace, that Charity and purity did not exist in the heart of an Atheist, and that everybody would be entertained by vulgarity, abrasiveness, fowl language, lawlessness, and morbidity.

I was so surprised! Atheists have a moral code, they often times have more compassion than Christians, Atheists are often times more humble than Christians and less judgmental, and more accepting of others.

Many Atheists are very honest, do what's best for society and the environment, obey the law, and do good deeds almost "Religiously".

And Atheists don't like Trolls! (that actually surprised me as well LOL)

My presence on Atheist forums for the past seven months has been a journey with many humiliations, many failures, much embarrassment, loss of friendships and reputation, loss of an account, but many valuable lessons learned that I wouldn't trade for a brick of gold.

Be well fellow citizen and thank you for the insightful words! Smile
[+] 2 users Like Wicked Clown's post
01-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I know we didn't talk that much, but you're an awesome guy. Definitely have a lot of respect for you and I'm sad you have to go.

I hope you find what you're looking for.
Best of luck.

Atir aissom atir imon
01-08-2014, 11:19 AM
(01-08-2014 10:54 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  ...
fowl language,

"There ain't nobody here but us chickens..."

(01-08-2014 10:54 AM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  ...
I was so surprised! Atheists have a moral code, they often times have more compassion than Christians, Atheists are often times more humble than Christians and less judgmental, and more accepting of others.

KC's similar realisation (revelation?) was probably one of the reasons why he gained much respect.

If you continue your journey along the same path... who knows... one day you too could be an Admin on an atheist site.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Jeremy I'm sorry and saddened by this.

You'll be missed. I really, really wish you hadn't done that to your account. You could have asked Rora to change your password...

It all feels too final -- too permanent.

I do wish you the very best life has to offer. I hope things improve for you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 12 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-08-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm never going to be able to listen to Killswitch Engage now without thinking of KC Sadcryface

"Come death, come suffering, I will not live in fear
In this fleeting life where time escapes us
The path of least resistance is a slow, quiet death
I'd rather burn out than fade away"

Atir aissom atir imon
01-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Quote: If you continue your journey along the same path... who knows... one day you too could be an Admin on an atheist site.

I hope that is prophetic it but I do have a feeling that somebody who reads your comment is going to have a laugh. Laugh out load

Heyy Jeremy, I know that some people when they're experiencing very heavy emotions, they say things that they don't entirely mean. I know I do.

no one is going to think any less of you if you change your mind. this is one of those instances where I think everybody would be pleased if you were not a man of your word. I'm saying this in regard to your statements that would indicate to people that this could be a permanent move.
01-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Now who's going to keep us in line? Sadcryface

I will miss you, but I wish you all the best.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?