It's better to burn out than fade away.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: It's better to burn out than fade away.
(01-08-2014 11:48 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It all feels too final -- too permanent.

DeepThought could reinstate him on a moment's notice or a whim. He wouldn't 'cause DeepThought is not an asshole. But I would just to dick with Bayou Billy. Because I am an asshole.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-08-2014, 12:12 PM
(01-08-2014 12:06 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Now who's going to keep us in line? Sadcryface

I will miss you, but I wish you all the best.

well there is aurora beam.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
01-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Godspeed, Kingsy. You'll be missed.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Come back when you can, Kingsy; lurk, if need be.

Changes make for change... that's all anyone needs to know. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-08-2014, 12:31 PM
(01-08-2014 12:06 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Now who's going to keep us in line? Sadcryface

I will miss you, but I wish you all the best.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-New-Admin

Atir aissom atir imon
01-08-2014, 12:31 PM
So long KC... This place won't be the same without you.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2014, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 12:40 PM by Atothetheist.)
KC, I know you may not see this, but I do want you to know (or at least for it to be known) that you were one of the very few theists I enjoyed discussing when we would talk about religion. I remember one particular instance where you had asked interesting questions and we had some awesome dialogue one of the few times you join a Skype call.

It saddens me, not only at the loss of the opportunity of having another one of those dialogues with you, but at no longer interacting with you as a person within my immediate sphere of close friends. I liked the way you ran the forum, and I loved the way you stood by your beliefs when running this forum, and the beliefs you took often mirrored my own. I like how you knew when the good fight was over, and when it was time to mend bridges with apologies rather than burn more down with arguments. I like how you made me laugh a few times, and feel really sad at others. I like that I got to know you, and my everyday views have been changed by the words you have typed whilst sitting infront of a screen.

It would be amiss without you brother, but I do wish the best for you, and that the best come out it whatever it is you feel that you need to do. My one regret would be that I didn't make a comment of importance on anything concerning your illness. It wasn't because I wasn't interested, I kept myself updated with you, as I felt like a friend should do, but rather that it was completely one hundred percent up to you to make a decision on what to do, or even think about it.

I will definitely try to keep in touch with you, if that's alright.

-Steven

P.S My four rep is missing, asshole Tongue.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
01-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(01-08-2014 12:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  KC, I know you may not see this, but I do want you to know (or at least for it to be known) that you were one of the very few theists I enjoyed discussing when we would talk about religion. I remember one particular instance where you had asked interesting questions and we had some awesome dialogue one of the few times you join a Skype call.

It saddens me, not only at the loss of the opprotunity of having another one of those dialogues with you, but at no longer interacting with you as a person within my immediate sphere of close friends. I liked the way you ran the forum, and I loved the way you stood by your beliefs when running this forum, and the beliefs you took often mirrored my own. I like how you knew when the good fight was over, and when it was time to mend bridges with apologies rather than burn more down with arguments. I like how you made me laugh a few times, and feel really sad at others. I like that I got to know you, and my everyday views have been changed by the words you have typed whilst sitting infront of a screen.

It would be amiss without you brother, but I do wish the best for you, and that the best come out it whatever it is you feel that you need to do. My one regret would be that I didn't make a comment of importance on anything concerning your illness. It wasn't because I wasn't interested, I kept myself updated with you, as I felt like a friend should do, but rather that it was completely one hundred percent up to you to make a decision on what to do, or even think about it.

-Steven

Yeah no you are only a level 99 steven, I want my level 100.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-08-2014, 12:40 PM
(01-08-2014 12:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 12:33 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  KC, I know you may not see this, but I do want you to know (or at least for it to be known) that you were one of the very few theists I enjoyed discussing when we would talk about religion. I remember one particular instance where you had asked interesting questions and we had some awesome dialogue one of the few times you join a Skype call.

It saddens me, not only at the loss of the opprotunity of having another one of those dialogues with you, but at no longer interacting with you as a person within my immediate sphere of close friends. I liked the way you ran the forum, and I loved the way you stood by your beliefs when running this forum, and the beliefs you took often mirrored my own. I like how you knew when the good fight was over, and when it was time to mend bridges with apologies rather than burn more down with arguments. I like how you made me laugh a few times, and feel really sad at others. I like that I got to know you, and my everyday views have been changed by the words you have typed whilst sitting infront of a screen.

-Steven

Yeah no you are only a level 99 steven, I want my level 100.

Get in line, kid.

Also, let's not derail the thread, please.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Aww, man.

In no way do I expect my words to change your course of action, but let me at least offer my thoughts. I understand feeling the need to make a clean break from something. I myself am a bit of an addict and have had to do similar things to forums and games in the past. But I have been trying to not resort to a "clean break"... almost as an exercise of self control and self discipline. The finality of a "clean break" that cannot be undone is certainly an effective way to force a change in your life, but I strongly would like to think that I have it in me to limit myself and make choices that will lead me to the life that I want to live without going to such extreme measures. I have no idea what is going on in your personal life, and you have every right to do whatever with your life that you want. Similarly you have every right to step down as admin, and every right to just leave the forum altogether. Ultimately I'd recommend doing whatever course of action leads you to the most happiness, and the fewest regrets.

Anyways, it was good getting to know you a little bit Jeremy. You are a good guy, and I hope you, King, the hot wife, and the kids do well always. Thanks for the work you put into this site, man!

Good luck!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post