It's happening again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 07:22 PM
It's happening again.
Sorry if you see this problem (that will most likely be spoken of non tangentially) as overly dramatic, but its presence has plagued me for as long as I can remember, even in my greatest moments of intellectual prowess.

I've spoken of this before and I've received quite the feedback, most of it sincere and truly helpful to this endeavor of mine to relieve my anxious mind's grasp on my intellectual mind.

I'm almost sure that I am losing my intelligence, and I doubt it exists as a physical matter dealing within the matter of the brain.

My head is constantly throbbing due to high blood pressure, most likely induced from the presence of this anxiety ailing me. I cannot seem to think about anything that I used to enjoy thinking about, as my intellect is holding me back, and I'm sure this is due to my intellectual level having undergone a massive decline in the past months.

I cannot write well anymore, though I used to be able to at a whim.

I cannot pay attention in class anymore as I find the constant babbling of those around me to be overwhelming.

I cannot speak as eloquently as I used to .

Maybe this negative thinking of mine is digging me into a hole, but I've tried everything.

I've tried to sleep more; it didn't work.

I've tried to read more; the information is helpful but it didn't work.

I've tried to play more games; I've gotten better, but it didn't work.

I've ingested massive amounts of stimulants that reside within my most common beverages in hopes that it will stimulate my consciousness to the sober level it was once at; it didn't work.

I'm running out of options, and I can look no further.

I'm stuck and I have no clue as to what I should do.

I constantly create problems that are non existent and they become a reality, this will end, but I need to speed the process.

Today, instead of saying "built", I said "builded"; I'm becoming a fucktard.

Thanks for helping me vent TheThinkingAtheist.com!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: It's happening again.
No sugar coating here.

See a doctor.

You are intelligent enough to know there is a problem. See a doctor, see a few different ones if need be. The cause could be a multitude of reasons, but I would start with your primary care, and consider seeing a neurologist and a psychiatrist depending on test results.

You can't will yourself into wellness anymore than a diabetic can will themselves to process sugar correctly.

You have a problem, go to the doctor.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 11 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
21-05-2014, 07:57 PM
It sounds as though you are under an enormous amount of stress. Unfortunately, stress begets more stress, which begets more stress - and stress does nasty things to your mind and body.

Take as long a period of time as you can - a couple hours or a couple days. Do nothing. Take a walk by the beach, through the woods, or any place that doesn't include too many people or reminders of your regular life. No "intellectual" pursuits - no reading, no pondering on anything in your life. Just enjoy nature. Ponder of the wonderment of the world, the smell of the sea, the current of the river. Breathe. Stare at a campfire. Watch wildlife. Ponder no further than life is pretty damn spectacular.

When you have to return, and pursue difficult things again, ask yourself if this particular activity/lecture/whatever will matter in 20 years. Most of the time the answer is, "No." Unless you're chasing the cure for cancer or world peace, details aren't worth getting worked up about.

Yeah, easier said than done. But it's a start. Enjoy more, worry less.

And your writing is just fine. You can't see it for the stress, but we can.

ETA: And yes, do see a doctor.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
21-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Yup. As B&A said, see your doctor. Now. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2014, 11:12 PM
To me its self evident that your problems are entirely brought on by anxiety.

I have a severe health anxiety disorder, and can testify that these things are self perpetuating... The more you worry, the worse it gets, so you worry even more until you're caught in a vicious cycle.

Most people will say "try not to think about it" or something similar... But that's a Catch-22, because in order to try not to think about something, you have to think about it. Blink

The only thing that works (and it really does), is distraction... Find something engrossing that requires your full attention. I always found work to be the best of all, but just getting out of the house is usually enough to distract me.

Once you're distracted, if and when your worries reenter your thoughts, they won't seem to matter so much... After that they start to fade away until they're gone.

PM me if you want to talk... I've been through the same nightmare. Thumbsup

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
21-05-2014, 11:42 PM
(21-05-2014 07:54 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  No sugar coating here.

See a doctor.

You are intelligent enough to know there is a problem. See a doctor, see a few different ones if need be. The cause could be a multitude of reasons, but I would start with your primary care, and consider seeing a neurologist and a psychiatrist depending on test results.

You can't will yourself into wellness anymore than a diabetic can will themselves to process sugar correctly.

You have a problem, go to the doctor.

Very sound advice.
I'm epileptic and have marked memory loss after years of seizures. Dementia/Alzhiemers is a family trait and it scares me. Aging could be what you're describing too.
22-05-2014, 11:16 AM
(21-05-2014 07:22 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Sorry if you see this problem (that will most likely be spoken of non tangentially) as overly dramatic, but its presence has plagued me for as long as I can remember, even in my greatest moments of intellectual prowess.

I've spoken of this before and I've received quite the feedback, most of it sincere and truly helpful to this endeavor of mine to relieve my anxious mind's grasp on my intellectual mind.

I'm almost sure that I am losing my intelligence, and I doubt it exists as a physical matter dealing within the matter of the brain.

My head is constantly throbbing due to high blood pressure, most likely induced from the presence of this anxiety ailing me. I cannot seem to think about anything that I used to enjoy thinking about, as my intellect is holding me back, and I'm sure this is due to my intellectual level having undergone a massive decline in the past months.

I cannot write well anymore, though I used to be able to at a whim.

I cannot pay attention in class anymore as I find the constant babbling of those around me to be overwhelming.

I cannot speak as eloquently as I used to .

Maybe this negative thinking of mine is digging me into a hole, but I've tried everything.

I've tried to sleep more; it didn't work.

I've tried to read more; the information is helpful but it didn't work.

I've tried to play more games; I've gotten better, but it didn't work.

I've ingested massive amounts of stimulants that reside within my most common beverages in hopes that it will stimulate my consciousness to the sober level it was once at; it didn't work.

I'm running out of options, and I can look no further.

I'm stuck and I have no clue as to what I should do.

I constantly create problems that are non existent and they become a reality, this will end, but I need to speed the process.

Today, instead of saying "built", I said "builded"; I'm becoming a fucktard.

Thanks for helping me vent TheThinkingAtheist.com!

As others have said, see a doctor. You might have to go to several doctors to get the one that works best with you. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but it might be overwhelming stress. There's a recent book about stress that I've heard good things about. It's called My Age of Anxiety by Scott Stossel who's the editor for Atlantic Magazine. I've listened to him talk about his anxiety and it's amazing. I have some anxiety under certain conditions but this book might an eye opener and make you feel not so alone.

This is an interview on NPR with him. You might find it interesting.

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/06/260152542/...of-anxiety

Anyway, see a good doctor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
25-05-2014, 12:02 PM
I agree with everyone else. see a doctor. sounds like a lot of anxiety and maybe depression? Seeing a doctor is really going to help you. force yourself to do the things you enjoy! love and well wishes from San Diego! Big Grin

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
27-05-2014, 03:16 PM
You really need to see a doctor.
I don't think that your writing has gotten much worse! It's good.
I think it sounds a bit like a depression and anxiety, if you don't see someone it could get worse or turn into something else that is more dangerous.
28-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Go to a doctor ASAP!!!
Whether it is a physical problem or psychological, you need help. Please get it