It's happening again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: It's happening again.
There can be physical as well as mental reasons for this. You'll never know unless you go ask some professionals. You may be suffering while there could be an easy fix. Get off your butt and see some people!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 05:21 PM
My advice, like that of ohers, is see a doctor asap.
You may know I have been ill. For some time my brain was starved of oxygen. I feel I too have lost intellectual ability. Do not delay like I did.

Go now.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm having problems focusing of late as well. I used to be able to code for 14-15 hours straight uninterrupted. Now I'm lucky to get 15-30 minutes in. I self-medicate with the nootropics Hydergine and piracetam (shrink knows about my self-medication). He's considering a trial course of Nuvigil for me.

#sigh
29-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Sometimes with anxiety disorders, visiting a doctor can actually make it worse. It did with me... It turned the situation from something based entirely in my mind, to being "real".

As in, it subconsciously reinforced the idea that something could be wrong with me (by being examined and tested), when in reality I was just mentally freaking out about purely imaginary things.

In my case, after well over a year spent in a seemingly never ending cycle of worry, recovery, and relapse, the rational voice inside seemed to just snap and say "enough is enough"... Since then, I haven't (so far) had another serious episode...

I've had minor flair ups (had one last month), but I've managed to keep a check on them and prevent it from getting out of control.

I found that throughout, I was in a constant conflict between rationality and irrationality... Maybe it was a side effect of deconverting, which had happened only a few months before.

If there are physical symptoms that are concerning you, then by all means see a doctor ASAP (bear in mind that long term anxiety and depression pretty much always has physical side effects).

But if its simply a case of intrusive thoughts nagging away and freaking you out, then its entirely down to your own preference whether or not you want to seek professional help. I feel that dealing with it myself has left me mentally stronger, and I'm glad I didn't go down the route of antidepressants and antianxiety drugs.

Erring on the side of caution, I will suggest you see a doctor... But, based on what you've described, I personally doubt it will be anything more than anxiety.

That's not to say (as I thought) that it means you're crazy, or a wuss... We're all scared of getting sick, and dying, whether we like to admit it or not. Sometimes these fears get out of control, and we get into a bad way. Its nothing to be ashamed of, and you're not alone.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 07:44 PM
With all due respect Sam, this situation is not your situation.

This member needs to see a doctor asap.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-05-2014, 08:00 PM
(29-05-2014 07:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  With all due respect Sam, this situation is not your situation.

I'm simply trying to offer some support and empathy, for what appears to me to be a very similar situation to my own.

Respectfully, I feel that simply saying "see a doctor" while never bad advice, isn't all that supportive when someone clearly wants a bit of empathy and understanding.

I'm not saying I know for certain that the OP's case is the same as mine... But it can't hurt to throw it out there.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
29-05-2014, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-05-2014 07:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  With all due respect Sam, this situation is not your situation.

Calm down there big Banjo fella. Sam was just sharing.

(29-05-2014 07:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  Sometimes with anxiety disorders, visiting a doctor can actually make it worse. It did with me... It turned the situation from something based entirely in my mind, to being "real".

Dunno about anxiety, never experienced it. Now depression, I can take you on a guided spelunking tour of that cavernous abyss. (And if you're lucky we might spot HouseOfCantor in the wild wandering around aimlessly down there muttering something about Gwynnies.) I go to the shrink to get scripts. He ain't a therapist. Never spent more than 10 minutes with him ($600/hr is damn good pay for writing scripts). Asked me if I wanted to see a therapist. I said, "You mean like a talk therapist." "Yes." "Nah, I don't think I need none of that." ... Been dicking with my neurotransmitters going on 40 years now for fun and profit. Ain't gonna stop now. It's best to have someone trained to know what they're doing with the pharmaceuticals on your belay line.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-05-2014, 08:13 PM
(29-05-2014 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Calm down there big Banjo fella. Sam was just sharing.

(29-05-2014 07:42 PM)Sam Wrote:  Sometimes with anxiety disorders, visiting a doctor can actually make it worse. It did with me... It turned the situation from something based entirely in my mind, to being "real".

Dunno about anxiety, never experienced it. Now depression, I can take you on a guided spelunking tour of that cavernous abyss. I go to the shrink to get scripts. He ain't a therapist. Never spent more than 10 minutes with him ($600/hr is damn good pay for writing scripts). Asked me if I wanted to see a therapist. I said, "You mean like a talk therapist." "Yes." "Nah, I don't think I need none of that." ... Been dicking with my neurotransmitters going on 40 years now for fun and profit. Ain't gonna stop now. It's best to have someone trained to know what they're doing with the pharmaceuticals on your belay line.

Anxiety tends to lead into depression... And yeah, it really is a cavern.

I've got epic white coat syndrome, so for me, seeing pros ultimately does more harm than good, when the old blood pressure goes through the roof and the panic attacks start... It just becomes another source of anxiety.

But, everyone's mind works differently, and a treatment that would fuck me up might work well for someone else.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
29-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(29-05-2014 08:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  Anxiety tends to lead into depression... And yeah, it really is a cavern.

Think I leapfrogged the anxiety.

(29-05-2014 08:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've got epic white coat syndrome, so for me, seeing pros ultimately does more harm than good, when the old blood pressure goes through the roof and the panic attacks start... It just becomes another source of anxiety.

Self-medication is a horrible idea. I been doing it for decades. I always report it to my docs. Usually what happens is they end up giving me a script for a pharmaceutical I had found on my own to work best. Don't try this at home. I'm a trained professional.

Still can't get that weed script though. Docs say "Don't you have teenage kids?"

#sigh
29-05-2014, 08:40 PM
(29-05-2014 08:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 08:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  Anxiety tends to lead into depression... And yeah, it really is a cavern.

Think I leapfrogged the anxiety.

(29-05-2014 08:13 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've got epic white coat syndrome, so for me, seeing pros ultimately does more harm than good, when the old blood pressure goes through the roof and the panic attacks start... It just becomes another source of anxiety.

Self-medication is a horrible idea. I been doing it for decades. I always report it to my docs. Usually what happens is they end up giving me a script for a pharmaceutical I had found on my own to work best. Don't try this at home. I'm a trained professional.

Still can't get that weed script though. Docs say "Don't you have teenage kids?"

Yeah, self medication, always trouble...

I remember very clearly my uncle doing it after a girl dumped him... He nearly killed himself with something.

I can't remember if he received therapy after that... Either way, he's out of it now and happily married.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]