It's hard not to want to commit suicide.
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: It's hard not to want to commit suicide.
(09-08-2017 03:30 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  @Momsurroundedbyboys, you seem kind of drab and rigid. You've accused me of being a troll, which is an easy, go-to accusation people seem to spout all too freely these days. Well, I'm not a troll. And if you can't think of a valid point to make, then don't send me another PM. I'm not trying to sound rude, but you're kind of being rude. I asked you what's the problem with me posting in my own thread as a means of catharsis as long as I'm keeping it within the community rules, and you're entire reply was "You're behaving like a troll." Well, as I said earlier, either make a good point, or leave me alone.

Catharsis = what, exactly? Does it mean, not really having suicidal thoughts, just feeling somewhat depressed and wanting people to say supportive things to you? It would have been nice if you'd been more honest about your situation.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
09-08-2017, 04:45 PM
(09-08-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  Catharsis = what, exactly? Does it mean, not really having suicidal thoughts, just feeling somewhat depressed and wanting people to say supportive things to you? It would have been nice if you'd been more honest about your situation.

It means that I've had suicidal thoughts before, but I'm not necessarily suicidal at the moment. I'm here because I can't bottle up my thoughts. I need to tell them to someone. That's what I mean by catharsis.
09-08-2017, 04:53 PM
(09-08-2017 03:30 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  @Momsurroundedbyboys, you seem kind of drab and rigid. You've accused me of being a troll, which is an easy, go-to accusation people seem to spout all too freely these days. Well, I'm not a troll. And if you can't think of a valid point to make, then don't send me another PM. I'm not trying to sound rude, but you're kind of being rude. I asked you what's the problem with me posting in my own thread as a means of catharsis as long as I'm keeping it within the community rules, and you're entire reply was "You're behaving like a troll." Well, as I said earlier, either make a good point, or leave me alone.

Since you've made the decision to take what should have been a private discussion, public. I did not once call call you a troll, but merely suggested you are behaving as one would.

I explained it would be far better to for you to participate in other threads/discussions because we simply don't know you. How we get to know you is by you posting other threads/areas and thereby really making an effort to join our community.

You responded by telling me (publicly) I'm rude and to leave you alone, while at the same ignoring my advice and implying that none was offered.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-08-2017, 04:57 PM

You do behave like a troll. And calling people drab and rigid - that's not going to help.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
09-08-2017, 04:59 PM
(09-08-2017 04:45 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  Catharsis = what, exactly? Does it mean, not really having suicidal thoughts, just feeling somewhat depressed and wanting people to say supportive things to you? It would have been nice if you'd been more honest about your situation.

It means that I've had suicidal thoughts before, but I'm not necessarily suicidal at the moment. I'm here because I can't bottle up my thoughts. I need to tell them to someone. That's what I mean by catharsis.

Glad you're getting thoughts out. Writing it out can help.

MSBB and the rest of the forum team have a very difficult job and we get a lot of people that come in here, defecate all over the place and then like to smear it all over the walls. Please refrain from attacks (personal or otherwise) and you'll find a place where you can vent your feelings and people will gladly interact with you, if you don't, you'll find reciprocation for that too. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
09-08-2017, 05:06 PM
(07-08-2017 03:41 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  I don't have the money for professional help. I know you guys are saying these platitudes to make me feel better. But the more you dig into them, you realize that they are based on broad generalizations and nonsense. Listen, I've tried all the things you guys are telling me. I've heard all this advice ad nauseam. No one ever wants to admit that the person in question is actually undesirable and unworthy. It's always a nice little euphemism. No one can ever be worthless, there always has to be some kind of hope. That tells you right there that the advice is bullshit. It's just meant to appease people who can't handle the truth. Not everyone is desirable and worthy of life.

Then why are you posting here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-08-2017, 05:12 PM
(09-08-2017 04:45 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  

Okay. Thanks for explaining. I'll stay out of the thread, then. I hope the process continues to be cathartic for you. I agree with Moms' recommendations that it would be beneficial for you to participate in other threads and interact in more varied ways with the community here.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
09-08-2017, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 05:30 PM by Lackluster.)
(09-08-2017 03:36 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Change what you are looking for in a woman and you will have better luck.
Look, I'm going to be honest. I promise I'm not trying to sound like a contrarian or an asshole, but I've always thought this was the most idiotic advice there is. "Just go for crappier women and you'll get a date." Well, no fucking shit! I could also go buy an old rusty clunker with 350,000 miles on it, and I'd have a car. Doesn't mean that's what I want, or it would make me happy, or I should be proud to have it.

Let me just insert this caveat that I'm not identifying any particular type of woman as "crappy". However, everyone is attracted to particular types of people. People tend to date within their own ethnic groups for instance. I don't feel that I should compromise on what I think is attractive just to have a girlfriend. I vastly value getting exactly what I want over just getting something just to have one. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. I know what I want, and if I can't get that, then I don't want anything.

You also mentioned heavier women. I will say that there is nothing wrong with heavier women. Honestly, I see lots of guys who go for heavier women over skinnier women. It's just not what I'm attracted to. But believe it or not, it's not their looks that are unattractive to me. Most of the time, I don't find the personalities of heavy women attractive. They often seem to have mannerisms and personalities that seem very unsexy and unfeminine to me. They tend to like food way too much (too the unattractive point), and they just tend to be less lady-like in my opinion. They also tend to suffer from depression similar to mine, and it shows. Hypocritical of me I know, but I tell the god's honest truth about myself, and I'll tell the god's honest truth about what I think of others too.

I'm also not attracted to very skinny, bony women. I'm more attracted to taller, average sized women who are very feminine. I like women who are smarter and confident about themselves. I don't mind if they are unconventional in the way they look. I find certain arbitrary features attractive. But I don't find that heavier women often possess these traits. They often seem to be unattractive to me. That's just my opinion and by no means fact.

Me personally, I'm 6'2", 165 lbs, slim, white, etc. I have a deformed chest from pectus ecavatum which has caused me lots of grief. I don't take my shirt off in public, like when I'm at pools or the beach, etc. I've had corrective surgery to fix the concavity of my chest, but there are other deformities of the spine and ribs that take place with severe PE that are just unfixable. It completely fucks up your figure and makes your body look botched and weird. It's pretty much a non-starter when it comes to attracting women. My entire upper torso and abdomen are completely fucked up. My chest recedes inward, while my ribs flare and my belly sticks out, causing a "pot belly" effect even though I'm skinny. My backbone has this weird curvature in the middle, and when I bend over, instead of my back remaining straight and bending at the hips like normal guys, my backbone bends in the middle, making it look like I almost have "joint" in the middle of my back that bends. It's totally fucking weird and fucked up looking. My shoulders are also rolled and weird looking. It is the opposite of the strong (or normal) chest, shoulders, and back women tend to be attracted to in men.

Aside from my looks, I find that I just don't have a personality or sense of humor that attracts people. I'm not sure how to fix this. All I know is that people tend to not like me, and tend to distance themselves from me, and I seem all but powerless to fix this problem.
09-08-2017, 05:31 PM
The healthcare system in the US cannot turn away a patient in crisis. "I can't afford it" is no excuse. There are resources available for those in need. Drama queens who play on the emotions of compassionate people who offer suggestions are more about attention seeking, than making change. We see Munchausen Syndrome all the time in the hospital.
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/munch...syndrome#1
If people really want help, and are not just attention-seeking, they will get off their ass and have the balls to get help. The numbers and resources were given in this thread. It's pretty obvious what this is about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-08-2017, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 05:52 PM by Anjele.)
(09-08-2017 05:26 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  side from my looks, I find that I just don't have a personality or sense of humor that attracts people. I'm not sure how to fix this. All I know is that people tend to not like me, and tend to distance themselves from me, and I seem all but powerless to fix this problem.

From what I have read, you put off the air of being very angry and that's generally not something that will attract people to you.

Overall your opinion of women is pretty consistent and it's pretty low, at least according to the things you have posted here.

Several people have tried to reach out and you have reacted in anger. I am just not sure what anyone here can do to help.

If what you need to do is vent without response, say so and have at it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
Thread Closed