It's hard not to want to commit suicide.
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 05:51 PM
RE: It's hard not to want to commit suicide.
Never mind everyone. Just forget about this thread. This is why I didn't want to go into detail. I knew I would be unable to articulate it, and everyone would just get mad because I'm not taking their advice and say I'm being miserable and angry. You guys win. I'm done. you can have your community back now.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2017, 06:37 PM
(09-08-2017 05:51 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  Never mind everyone. Just forget about this thread. This is why I didn't want to go into detail. I knew I would be unable to articulate it, and everyone would just get mad because I'm not taking their advice and say I'm being miserable and angry. You guys win. I'm done. you can have your community back now.

You`re still here.

Try an allegory or metaphor. If it`s difficult to tell us something painful.

Like this:

In this thread I feel like a fire fighter being called to the same fire over & over, I think it might be a problem with the wiring in the house, but I don`t really know...cause I`m just a fire fighter, not an electrician.

You`ve proved the aptitude in your posts. Your turn...

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
09-08-2017, 06:43 PM
(09-08-2017 05:51 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  Never mind everyone. Just forget about this thread. This is why I didn't want to go into detail. I knew I would be unable to articulate it, and everyone would just get mad because I'm not taking their advice and say I'm being miserable and angry. You guys win. I'm done. you can have your community back now.

I just read your post and I think you explained yourself well. Also this is everyone's community. So you're included whether you like it or not Tongue

Also in terms of your physical description-in terms of turning people off-I personally don't think there's anything wrong with your physical description. No one is perfect. Everyone has something that makes them "imperfect." The trick is to own it. Confidence in yourself is the sexiest thing, imo--that is what attracts people to you.

I hope you decide to stay, come and join in the other threads as some on here have suggested. I'm sure you have some good things to say Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-08-2017, 07:11 PM
I'd like to join other discussions in this forum, but I honestly can't stand the atheism vs religion debates, or talking about Donald Trump, or all the other shit people are likely discussing on here. I don't give a shit about politics, religion, philosophy, society, or any of that shit. I get tired of hearing about it. Just let the world burn already I say. Who cares?
09-08-2017, 07:14 PM
(09-08-2017 07:11 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  I'd like to join other discussions in this forum, but I honestly can't stand the atheism vs religion debates, or talking about Donald Trump, or all the other shit people are likely discussing on here. I don't give a shit about politics, religion, philosophy, society, or any of that shit. I get tired of hearing about it. Just let the world burn already I say. Who cares?

I don't really go into those threads either since I mainly come on here for fun and to connect with other atheists and a few cool theists we have on here. There are lots of other threads on here that you can take part in. For instance, you can come to the Banana Dance thread, because who doesn't like a good dancing banana? Big Grin I promise you there is no Trump or religious debate in there Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Nobody can force you to stay.

We can't force you to listen.

No one can make you get the kind of help we sincerely believe would benefit you.

But before I walk away from this thread I feel compelled to take a deep breath and point out one last thing.

I find it utterly heartbreaking to think of that woman somewhere out there who truly is the yin to your yang, the left to your right, the lock to your key, and you refuse to give her a second glance because she doesn't fit your image of her. Because without even meeting her, without speaking to her, without getting to know her, you have rejected her in advance because you consider her ugly. How incredibly sad. For you both.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 5 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-08-2017, 07:44 PM
(09-08-2017 07:17 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I find it utterly heartbreaking to think of that woman somewhere out there who truly is the yin to your yang, the left to your right, the lock to your key, and you refuse to give her a second glance because she doesn't fit your image of her. Because without even meeting her, without speaking to her, without getting to know her, you have rejected her in advance because you consider her ugly. How incredibly sad. For you both.
I don't want to find the "yin to my yang" or the "lock to my key". I don't give a bloody fuck about that. I just want people in general to stop ostracizing me, for women to start noticing me, etc. etc.

And how could she possibly be the yin to my yang if I'm not even attracted to her? Like I said, I look for substance and personality more than looks (if you actually read my post). There are many types of women I simply can't stand. I think that plays a large role in my hesitation to try.
09-08-2017, 07:45 PM
(09-08-2017 05:51 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  Never mind everyone. Just forget about this thread.

Not so fast.

I recommend reading about a thought experiment about an experience machine and a transformation machine, from Robert Nozick's book, Anarchy, State and Utopia relating to experience and you-ness
The relevant part is just 3 pages long (pages 42-45).

(09-08-2017 05:51 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  ...
I'm done. you can have your community back now.

On an official note, a quick thank you to those who in the background put their IRLs on hold when this thread initiated our related internal process. It's appreciated.

You can officially stand down now.

Heart

10-08-2017, 03:39 AM
(09-08-2017 04:45 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 04:22 PM)julep Wrote:  Catharsis = what, exactly? Does it mean, not really having suicidal thoughts, just feeling somewhat depressed and wanting people to say supportive things to you? It would have been nice if you'd been more honest about your situation.

It means that I've had suicidal thoughts before, but I'm not necessarily suicidal at the moment. I'm here because I can't bottle up my thoughts. I need to tell them to someone. That's what I mean by catharsis.
What ?? Shocking Your initial posts in this thread were filled with suicidal ideation and intent, which is it ? Are you feeling suicidal or not ?
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-08-2017, 04:01 AM
(09-08-2017 04:45 PM)Lackluster Wrote:  It means that I've had suicidal thoughts before, but I'm not necessarily suicidal at the moment...

And yet you said only a couple of days ago...

Quote:I wish I could just die in my sleep...

I wish I could go to sleep tonight and never wake up...

I just want to be dead...

I think about ending my life every day...

But now you're saying that you're not suicidal today? Which is it to be? Huh

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Thread Closed