It's his responsibility

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2012, 08:32 PM
RE: It's his responsibility
(04-06-2012 04:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Or my favorite, if you wouldn't make her your wife then don't make her a mother. ... Thoughts?

I fucked her. She got pregnant. We got married. 26 years and 4 beautiful kids and a granddaughter later, I'm happy as a pig in shit. Wasn't that how it was supposed to work? Did I miss a memo?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2012, 09:45 PM
You all are missing the memo. Tongue

The thread was not about who should be responsible but more on why society put all the responsibility on the male, and when some teenage girl gets pregnant it is seen as the males fault.
Which is my problem with societies view because I'm pretty sure sex requires 2 peeps.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
(04-06-2012 09:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You all are missing the memo. Tongue

The thread was not about who should be responsible but more on why society put all the responsibility on the male, and when some teenage girl gets pregnant it is seen as the males fault.
Which is my problem with societies view because I'm pretty sure sex requires 2 peeps.
I fucked her. She got pregnant. We got married. 26 years and 4 beautiful kids and a granddaughter later, I'm happy as a pig in shit. Wasn't that how it was supposed to work? I'm glad I missed the memo.

04-06-2012, 09:56 PM
(04-06-2012 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I fucked her. She got pregnant. We got married. 26 years and 4 beautiful kids and a granddaughter later, I'm happy as a pig in shit. Wasn't that how it was supposed to work? I'm glad I missed the memo.
While I am happy for you, you're still missing the memo of the thread. Tongue

It's about societies opinion is what I'm getting at.
I'm talking about teenage pregnancy. Like unwanted pregnancy between two young people and the blame being placed on only one of the two parties when it should be placed on both.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
(04-06-2012 09:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I fucked her. She got pregnant. We got married. 26 years and 4 beautiful kids and a granddaughter later, I'm happy as a pig in shit. Wasn't that how it was supposed to work? I'm glad I missed the memo.
While I am happy for you, you're still missing the memo of the thread. Tongue

It's about societies opinion is what I'm getting at.
I'm talking about teenage pregnancy. Like unwanted pregnancy between two young people and the blame being placed on only one of the two parties when it should be placed on both.

Didn't give a damn what society thought then, don't give a damn what society thinks now. Only way to make this any clearer is to further highlight my own personal sense of responsibility.

I fucked her. She got pregnant. We got married.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-06-2012, 10:22 PM
I think Girlyman is trying to say that they were teens when they screwed and got married.
Of course, he may just be acting in his girlyman way.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
04-06-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 09:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-06-2012 10:22 PM)itsacow Wrote:  I think Girlyman is trying to say that they were teens when they screwed and got married.

That pretty much covers it. We've been screwing each other ever since. ... We like it. ... Or at least I know I do. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-06-2012, 11:19 PM

I've heard this, and I've heard girls called sluts and single-mom society drainers.

I know some single moms and dads who hold their own and are just fine, and nothing you mentioned or I heard rings true for them.

I suppose their are stereo types in every form. But the thing is we can still make choices whatever the situation is and don't have to fall into that stereotype. Which is what I guess you are pointing out Smile
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM

Just because you ask a question doesn't mean when we start flapping our gums, it's gonna be to answer. Tongue

Besides, I always hear it's the girl's fault. Everybody knows guys are just mindless seed cannons. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-06-2012, 03:50 AM
I think earmuffs is whining about how society blames the man when a woman gets pregnant? I don't know where he's getting that from, or where he lives, but generally, from what I've seen, it's not really true. I think men and women worry equally about getting pregnant and birth control, but women seem to be in charge of their own birth control more than men. From personal experience, I'm always the one making sure I'm not getting pregnant. Biologically, it just works out worse for me than it does for him.

But I do agree that if people do react that way, it's incredibly sexist against women. Thinking women can't control their bodies and make decisions, and it's all the man's fault because they're in charge, of course that's sexist. But society has a hard time shaking its 2000-year-old attitudes about gender roles. I try not to be bothered by it.

Like you I don't always succeed.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post