"It's in their culture. You have no right to judge."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: "It's in their culture. You have no right to judge."
(05-03-2014 04:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 08:50 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm a bit tipsy right now, and thus, a bit emotional. However, this is a rare occasion when I'm actually blood-boilingly angry.

I got into a spat with an absolute moron on Facebook who believes that the goings on of a particular culture is not for anyone else to judge. Specifically, we were speaking about the various atrocities carried out in the name of culture or religion; such as the mutilation of female genitals, women being forced to cover their faces in accordance with a misogynistic society, children undergoing various other forms of bodily mutilation/alteration, etc.

I think myself to be a fairly decent human being. I have my moments, but overall, I don't generally advocate the unnecessary harm of other people. I believe that slicing off a little girl's clit is wrong. I believe forcing a woman into subjugation is wrong. I believe altering the skull-shape of an infant is wrong. I believe hacking off part of an infant's penis is wrong. I believe, in general, that inflicting non-medical harm upon the body of a non-consenting individual is wrong. Personally, I don't see how a decent individual could view such acts as anything but wrong.

But this moron…this…vacuous fucking dipshit tells me that I'm "arrogant" for passing judgment on these people. By his logic (and this DID enter the conversation), I am not to pass judgment on a culture which (hypothetically) believes it is proper to anally rape infant children in order to appease the gods with their blood-curdling screams. He tells me that I am not in the position to speak against this because 1) I am not in any position to decide what is and what is not "wrong", 2) I was lucky enough to be born into a 1st-world country and am thus removed from the business of others, and 3) they have been engaging in their cultural practices for millennia and how fucking dare I try to change that.

Am I the asshole, here? Please tell me I'm not. If a culture believes in the hypothetical extreme of anally raping young children, am I an asshole for saying "Hold the fucking phone; NO. This should not be happening"? Am I an asshole for speaking against the genital mutilation of children? I look around and see that these are fucking WRONGS, people. And this asshole (in addition to all of his friends) wants nothing more than to convince me that I should shut the fuck up and keep to myself.

I know for a fact I'm not the only one who knows that that's bullshit. We know a wrong when we see it and we don't allow bullshit cultural differences stand in our way. I don't give a fuck who or what you are: assaulting a child is wrong. Period. And yet, these people believe - quite steadfastly - that it's ok because "it's in their culture and they've been doing it for a long time". This mindset needs to fucking DIE. Agreed?

So tell dipshit that he can't judge atheists just because we eat babies. Drinking Beverage

He's actually an atheist himself. He just happens to be morally bankrupt.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 03:32 AM
RE: "It's in their culture. You have no right to judge."
(03-03-2014 09:22 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  You have every right to judge. You may not have the right to go in and drop bombs on them because you dislike their culture.

[Image: photo+(3).JPG]

like xtians did.

This.

Judging is fine, but fucking them up because of it opens a door to endless fighting.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply