"It's just how I was raised."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: "It's just how I was raised."
(04-10-2013 07:31 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Haha. They don't typically remove the nipples. They remove the breast tissue under it. Nice try but now you just sound dumb.

As a side note, heywood, I was making a point that you were the only one that reverted to schoolyard and childlike tactics when you called her "fat" and took it a level further by using the word "cunt" uncalled for and if you truly were mature, you would have risen above the bullshit. But you took the low road instead....tisk tisk.

Cathym, here is a link about mastectomy.

Mastectomy: What you can expect

In most of the procedures you lose the nipples. I don't anything about the details of Anjelly's mastectomy but I would snap call an even money bet she lost her nipples against a person who I knew was also not privy to the details of her mastectomy.

Anyways Anjelly has been insulting me for a long time. Check out the neg rating she gave me as one instance and when she gave it. She took the low road a long time before I did. Why is it you give her a pass and chastise me? Answer, cause you don't like me or my views and you like her and her views. But is really liking someone a good reason to give their douchebaggery a pass? The fact is she has always been a cunt, while I have only recently stooped to her level by becoming a dick. Like I said earlier, I am more than happy to be civil to her if she is civil to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 10:48 PM
(04-10-2013 09:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 06:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjelly, why did you bother with a boob job after cancer? Without nipples boobs have no point.

You are really the clever one with the word play aren't you? You are too stupid with regard to this topic to ever understand the real reason so I give you this one...I just hated the thought that all those nice, expensive bras I have would go to waste.

Anjelly, that's a pretty stupid reason to go thru breast reconstruction surgery....but then again you've never shown yourself to be all that bright.
04-10-2013, 11:04 PM
(04-10-2013 08:56 PM)natachan Wrote:  This is the problem with the argument that discrimination is a valid position. I can tolerate those who believe homosexuality is wrong. I can't tolerate those who go out of their way to harass those gay people. And the argument "well that's just how I was brought up" is not a valid excuse for causing suffering to another living being.

Bingo. Well said. Same applies to any discrimination, including racism as described by OP.

I dunno that I particularly wanna hang out with someone who thinks that way, but as you say, as long as they recognize that it's just their belief and they don't have a right to force it on people, is OK. It's when they make policy decisions for other people, like denying someone who is an equal citizen with you some of the rights that you yourself enjoy, that it becomes a problem.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-10-2013, 11:51 PM
(04-10-2013 11:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bingo. Well said. Same applies to any discrimination, including racism as described by OP.

I dunno that I particularly wanna hang out with someone who thinks that way, but as you say, as long as they recognize that it's just their belief and they don't have a right to force it on people, is OK. It's when they make policy decisions for other people, like denying someone who is an equal citizen with you some of the rights that you yourself enjoy, that it becomes a problem.

If someone doesn't want to hire black people and you force them to hire black people, its okay to force your beliefs on them cause your beliefs are the correct ones right? Other people make policy decisions all the time and by letting them do so we limit our own freedom.

I don't have a problem with your position that is not okay to force your beliefs on people as long as you do it across the board. In fact that is my opinion. Marriage laws, anti-discrimination laws, etc....all that stuff should just go away because it is one group using the rule of law to force their beliefs on others.
05-10-2013, 12:24 AM
(04-10-2013 11:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 11:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bingo. Well said. Same applies to any discrimination, including racism as described by OP.

If someone doesn't want to hire black people and you force them to hire black people, its okay to force your beliefs on them cause your beliefs are the correct ones right? Other people make policy decisions all the time and by letting them do so we limit our own freedom.

I don't have a problem with your position that is not okay to force your beliefs on people as long as you do it across the board. In fact that is my opinion. Marriage laws, anti-discrimination laws, etc....all that stuff should just go away because it is one group using the rule of law to force their beliefs on others.
What about a woman's right to vote? Would you like that abolished too since it was just a group of people? Be clear, I'd hate to misunderstand you.
05-10-2013, 12:45 AM
(05-10-2013 12:24 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 11:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If someone doesn't want to hire black people and you force them to hire black people, its okay to force your beliefs on them cause your beliefs are the correct ones right? Other people make policy decisions all the time and by letting them do so we limit our own freedom.

What about a woman's right to vote? Would you like that abolished too since it was just a group of people? Be clear, I'd hate to misunderstand you.

In a true democracy everyone has the right to vote.
05-10-2013, 12:48 AM
(05-10-2013 12:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 12:24 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  What about a woman's right to vote? Would you like that abolished too since it was just a group of people? Be clear, I'd hate to misunderstand you.

In a true democracy everyone has the right to vote.

My point exactly, and to have an influence on the policies made.
05-10-2013, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 01:11 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(05-10-2013 12:48 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 12:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In a true democracy everyone has the right to vote.

My point exactly, and to have an influence on the policies made.

Voting is not a day to day behavior. Here you have one group of people saying your going to live your life this way. You're going to recognize these gay marriages such that if you offer health insurance to the spouses of straight employees, you have to offer it to the partners of gays ones too.

As far as I am concerned if your are an employer and you want to offer health insurance to the partners of your gay employees and not offer it to the spouses of your straight ones, you should be free to do so. If you are black and want to help your brothers out by only hiring black, you should be free to do so.

You should be free and not governed by some policy.
05-10-2013, 02:25 AM
(04-10-2013 11:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If someone doesn't want to hire black people and you force them to hire black people, its okay to force your beliefs on them cause your beliefs are the correct ones right? Other people make policy decisions all the time and by letting them do so we limit our own freedom.
Who said I'd force them ? It's more... what laws are in place. People have to be treated equally by the *government* in terms of the constitution. I don't think it's possible to legislate that someone must not be racist - that's pretty much trying to legislate what people think.

Quote:I don't have a problem with your position that is not okay to force your beliefs on people as long as you do it across the board. In fact that is my opinion. Marriage laws, anti-discrimination laws, etc....all that stuff should just go away because it is one group using the rule of law to force their beliefs on others.
Well, but we don't get to choose the laws we live under all the time. Unless you're advocating full on anarchy, we make some laws because of practicality.

Marriage laws - when you're in a relationship with someone over a period of time, hold property in common with them, etc etc, the state *has* to have some legal framework in place for what happens when e.g. one person dies, or one person wants a divorce, or some family decision like turning off life support needs to be made - who has next of kin status. That's the kind of thing that all people no matter what should have access to.

Again, anti-discrimination laws. Well, in a perfect nice society where as you said in a previous post, the market would sort out the people who applied discriminatory policies e.g. to their hiring, we wouldn't need 'em. But people aren't helluva nice by default, so some laws concerning esp. what you can do in public places which are supposed to be accessible to all and say for example, shops, is not a bad thing IMO. Maybe not ethically ideal but practical.
05-10-2013, 03:32 AM
(05-10-2013 02:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Marriage laws - when you're in a relationship with someone over a period of time, hold property in common with them, etc etc, the state *has* to have some legal framework in place for what happens when e.g. one person dies, or one person wants a divorce, or some family decision like turning off life support needs to be made - who has next of kin status. That's the kind of thing that all people no matter what should have access to.

All that stuff can be handled with contracts/wills/etc and if you are willing to take the time to get a marriage license and go thru a marriage ceremony(some of which can be very elaborate and needs considerable planning) then you have the time to download a boiler plate contract which would cover all that stuff.

(05-10-2013 02:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Again, anti-discrimination laws. Well, in a perfect nice society where as you said in a previous post, the market would sort out the people who applied discriminatory policies e.g. to their hiring, we wouldn't need 'em. But people aren't helluva nice by default, so some laws concerning esp. what you can do in public places which are supposed to be accessible to all and say for example, shops, is not a bad thing IMO. Maybe not ethically ideal but practical.

People boycott Chick Fil a or Russian vodka because of their stances on gays. We don't need some government to dictate to us what is socially acceptable and what isn't when we as individuals can do so ourselves. Don't like that a company discriminates in a way you wouldn't discriminate(I say that because everyone discriminates), then take your dollars somewhere else. Like what a company is doing, then spend your dollars there. Vote with your dollars.

However when the state puts in anti discrimination laws it essentially disenfranchises you because you can no longer vote with your dollars....you just get to conform like everyone else.