It's normal for Satan to put thoughts in your head

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 06:46 PM
It's normal for Satan to put thoughts in your head
I was talking to my step mom and she was telling me that doubts come from the enemy. I disagree. I had to contain my laughter as I walked away at how silly she sounded. Why do Christians believe in Satan? I mean really? Did the writers of the bible have to have an enemy? How would Christianity be with out Satan? It would probably sound just as ludicrous as with Satan.

I believe my doubts are coming from me and no other sources. Too bad she doesn't know I don't even believe in Satan or God. I like how every opportunity she gets to preach at me. Needless to say I had a good laugh at it. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: It's normal for Satan to put thoughts in your head
Satan is a nice utility tool for the believer.....

When something comes up that isn't all nice and flowery -- and something that "god" wouldn't do --- they have a nice handy scapegoat to sluff it off on.....

And amazingly --- he looks just like the Greek god Pan --- who by all accounts was much more fun to hang around with than the dour Jebus, who never got drunk or laid....

Frankly, a god who enjoys a good buzz and orgasms is far superior to a god who gets nailed to lumber......

At least in my book...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Manacheism or something like that was alive in the area of the Middle East at the time Christianity developed. Thus Spoke Zarathrusta was a book popular 40 years ago translated from German if i remember right. Their religion had a pair of Gods, one good and the other bad and a constant struggle between the two and unlike Christianity they did not know which of the two was gonna win in the end!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
30-12-2015, 07:05 PM
(30-12-2015 06:46 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I was talking to my step mom and she was telling me that doubts come from the enemy. I disagree. I had to contain my laughter as I walked away at how silly she sounded. Why do Christians believe in Satan? I mean really? Did the writers of the bible have to have an enemy? How would Christianity be with out Satan? It would probably sound just as ludicrous as with Satan.

I believe my doubts are coming from me and no other sources. Too bad she doesn't know I don't even believe in Satan or God. I like how every opportunity she gets to preach at me. Needless to say I had a good laugh at it. Big Grin

You have the luxury of laughing. Other Christians don't. Other Muslims don't, and even Sikhs and Hindus depending on the family will disown, kick out or physically harm a kid for questioning the religion and social norms of the family.

Christianity is not the only religion with the concept of hell or evil rival of the hero deity.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2015, 07:09 PM
(30-12-2015 06:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Manacheism or something like that was alive in the area of the Middle East at the time Christianity developed. Thus Spoke Zarathrusta was a book popular 40 years ago translated from German if i remember right. Their religion had a pair of Gods, one good and the other bad and a constant struggle between the two and unlike Christianity they did not know which of the two was gonna win in the end!

Nietszche wasn't describing Zoroastrianism but I like the way you think. Big Grin

#sigh
30-12-2015, 07:24 PM
(30-12-2015 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 06:57 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Manacheism or something like that was alive in the area of the Middle East at the time Christianity developed. Thus Spoke Zarathrusta was a book popular 40 years ago translated from German if i remember right. Their religion had a pair of Gods, one good and the other bad and a constant struggle between the two and unlike Christianity they did not know which of the two was gonna win in the end!

Nietszche wasn't describing Zoroastrianism but I like the way you think. Big Grin

Was or wasn't? Was not describing Manacheism? And was describing Zoroasterism? It has been 40 years since I was into studying all that shit and an old man forgets. I guess I could have googled it before posting. my recollection of my studies is that the implied dualism of Christianity came more from other directions than the Old Testament to which it was tied.
30-12-2015, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 09:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-12-2015 07:24 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nietszche wasn't describing Zoroastrianism but I like the way you think. Big Grin

Was or wasn't?

Nietzsche was describing something entirely different. Thus Spoke Zarathustra I was just chuckling cause he's the cowboy brother of the pussy Schopenhauer who together nurtured modern nihilism. The existentialist consider them the crazy uncle at the dinner table.

"Everything has returned. Sirius, and the spider, and thy thoughts at this moment, and this last thought of thine that all things will return".

"Whoever thou mayest be, beloved stranger, whom I meet here for the first time, avail thyself of this happy hour and of the stillness around us, and above us, and let me tell thee something of the thought which has suddenly risen before me like a star which would fain shed down its rays upon thee and every one, as befits the nature of light. - Fellow man! Your whole life, like a sandglass, will always be reversed and will ever run out again, - a long minute of time will elapse until all those conditions out of which you were evolved return in the wheel of the cosmic process. And then you will find every pain and every pleasure, every friend and every enemy, every hope and every error, every blade of grass and every ray of sunshine once more, and the whole fabric of things which make up your life. This ring in which you are but a grain will glitter afresh forever. And in every one of these cycles of human life there will be one hour where, for the first time one man, and then many, will perceive the mighty thought of the eternal recurrence of all things:- and for mankind this is always the hour of Noon"

Thus Spoke Zarathustra: You do realize that you will have to experience this very moment over and over again forever and forever amen, right?
Schopenhauer: Fuck that shit. I'm out.
Nietzsche: I'm gonna arrest it for trespassing and see what crimes I can get it to confess to.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-12-2015, 08:58 PM
No, Nietzsche was not discussing that religion. Big Grin

I read all of his works and also the leading scholars, such as Walter Kaufman, about Nietzsche when I was in my late teens. He and Voltaire were early heroes of mine along with Huang Chang lee and Buddy Rich. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 09:31 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(30-12-2015 06:46 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I was talking to my step mom and she was telling me that doubts come from the enemy. I disagree. I had to contain my laughter as I walked away at how silly she sounded. Why do Christians believe in Satan? I mean really? Did the writers of the bible have to have an enemy? How would Christianity be with out Satan? It would probably sound just as ludicrous as with Satan.

Every story (even poorly written ones) must have a villain. Drinking Beverage

Also, thread moved from the support section.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Good cop bad cop.
[+] 1 user Likes Thewonderer's post