It's not easy ... being new.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 09:39 AM
It's not easy ... being new.
Yeah ... I'm new.

I hate being new.

It's like moving to a brand new city where everyone's a stranger. All of the inside jokes, the "remember when ..." conversations, talk of old forum members that left years ago, all the while trying to get a handle on all the various personalities. Is this person a troll? Is this someone to take seriously? Can I just flame this guy because he's an utter moron?

Being new even runs the risk of mods thinking you're a sockpuppet. Yeah, that's happened to me before. "Wow, your posts sound just like so-n-so's posts -- are you *sure* you're not so-n-so?" Uh, no. Fortunately I've never been banned for mistaken identity. Not yet at any rate.

*sigh* And the thought of having to establish my credibility all ... over ... again.

With a whole new gaggle of people.

*double sigh*

I'm an old hand at forum debates. I'm fairly well known in some circles -- even if those circles have the radii of pinheads, cookie crumbs, and the average size snowflake. But hey, within those tiny zones I've built a comfort zone where everyone knows me (even people that I don't know back ... which is, well, creepy) so coming here is a bit like stepping out of that nice warm shower into the freezing air. No, it's never easy being new.

But here I am with my sardonic wit, wondering if this first post will pass moderator muster, mister, or if I'll be relegated to the ash bin of history, my post doomed to float forever in those dark nether regions between internet sites, buried alive ... buried alive ...

Pleased to meet you. I'd shake your hand but shoving my hand through the monitor usually ends badly for some reason. I'm still gnawing on why that is ...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Shirina's post
08-04-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: It's not easy ... being new.
Welcome...

The upside is you have a whole new bunch to piss off...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-04-2017, 09:52 AM
(08-04-2017 09:39 AM)Shirina Wrote:  Yeah ... I'm new.

I hate being new.

That's the spirit!

Welcome anyway.

Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
08-04-2017, 10:42 AM

I hate being new.

It's like moving to a brand new city where everyone's a stranger. All of the inside jokes, the "remember when ..." conversations, talk of old forum members that left years ago, all the while trying to get a handle on all the various personalities. Is this person a troll? Is this someone to take seriously? Can I just flame this guy because he's an utter moron?

Being new even runs the risk of mods thinking you're a sockpuppet. Yeah, that's happened to me before. "Wow, your posts sound just like so-n-so's posts -- are you *sure* you're not so-n-so?" Uh, no. Fortunately I've never been banned for mistaken identity. Not yet at any rate.

*sigh* And the thought of having to establish my credibility all ... over ... again.

With a whole new gaggle of people.

*double sigh*

I'm an old hand at forum debates. I'm fairly well known in some circles -- even if those circles have the radii of pinheads, cookie crumbs, and the average size snowflake. But hey, within those tiny zones I've built a comfort zone where everyone knows me (even people that I don't know back ... which is, well, creepy) so coming here is a bit like stepping out of that nice warm shower into the freezing air. No, it's never easy being new.

But here I am with my sardonic wit, wondering if this first post will pass moderator muster, mister, or if I'll be relegated to the ash bin of history, my post doomed to float forever in those dark nether regions between internet sites, buried alive ... buried alive ...

Pleased to meet you. I'd shake your hand but shoving my hand through the monitor usually ends badly for some reason. I'm still gnawing on why that is ...

Well based on that intro I think you'll fit in around here real fast!

Welcome!

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
08-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Welcome!
08-04-2017, 10:54 AM
(08-04-2017 09:52 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

I hate being new.

That's the spirit!

Welcome anyway.

Big Grin

Heh heh, I hope everyone knows I'm being facetious with my intro. Then again, no one knows me so how would they know? See what I mean ... about being new? I'm used to everyone knowing me and what passes for my humor. It's very dry. Any Brits around here will get it.

Thank y'all for the welcomes thus far. Yeah, I'm sure someone will be pissed at me before the end of the weekend -- to whomever said I have new people to piss off. I'm rather disliked by the religious fundevanglist crowd. Evil_monster
[+] 6 users Like Shirina's post
08-04-2017, 11:09 AM
(08-04-2017 10:54 AM)Shirina Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:52 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  That's the spirit!

Welcome anyway.

Big Grin

Heh heh, I hope everyone knows I'm being facetious with my intro. Then again, no one knows me so how would they know? See what I mean ... about being new? I'm used to everyone knowing me and what passes for my humor. It's very dry. Any Brits around here will get it.

Thank y'all for the welcomes thus far. Yeah, I'm sure someone will be pissed at me before the end of the weekend -- to whomever said I have new people to piss off. I'm rather disliked by the religious fundevanglist crowd. Evil_monster

The rules say we can't argue in this section so pissing people off may be a challenge. You have to wander out of Introductions and into the rest of the forum to get started on your mission.

Welcome.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2017, 12:46 PM
(08-04-2017 11:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The rules say we can't argue in this section so pissing people off may be a challenge. You have to wander out of Introductions and into the rest of the forum to get started on your mission.

Welcome.

Yep. I'm stalking my prey. Hmm, where to pounce ...
08-04-2017, 12:48 PM

I hate being new.

You think that's fun? Try getting old. But welcome aboard noob. (As you can see, I'm not so old around here either, though I've earned my white whiskers in RL.)

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
08-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Welcome. It's also not easy being cheesy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post