It's not easy ... being new.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: It's not easy ... being new.
(08-04-2017 09:39 AM)Shirina Wrote:  Yeah ... I'm new.

I hate being new.

It's like moving to a brand new city where everyone's a stranger. All of the inside jokes, the "remember when ..." conversations, talk of old forum members that left years ago, all the while trying to get a handle on all the various personalities. Is this person a troll? Is this someone to take seriously? Can I just flame this guy because he's an utter moron?

Being new even runs the risk of mods thinking you're a sockpuppet. Yeah, that's happened to me before. "Wow, your posts sound just like so-n-so's posts -- are you *sure* you're not so-n-so?" Uh, no. Fortunately I've never been banned for mistaken identity. Not yet at any rate.

*sigh* And the thought of having to establish my credibility all ... over ... again.

With a whole new gaggle of people.

*double sigh*

I'm an old hand at forum debates. I'm fairly well known in some circles -- even if those circles have the radii of pinheads, cookie crumbs, and the average size snowflake. But hey, within those tiny zones I've built a comfort zone where everyone knows me (even people that I don't know back ... which is, well, creepy) so coming here is a bit like stepping out of that nice warm shower into the freezing air. No, it's never easy being new.

But here I am with my sardonic wit, wondering if this first post will pass moderator muster, mister, or if I'll be relegated to the ash bin of history, my post doomed to float forever in those dark nether regions between internet sites, buried alive ... buried alive ...

Pleased to meet you. I'd shake your hand but shoving my hand through the monitor usually ends badly for some reason. I'm still gnawing on why that is ...
Folks, you are in for a TREAT (rubs hands together). Shirna is an old friend from City-Data Atheism & Agnosticism forum. You're going to love her sense of humor, intelligence, wit and heart. Her deconstruction of dishonest arguments has been informally trademarked on C-D as "Shirina shellackings". In all the years she's posted there I've never known her to troll, bloviate ... or show mercy Evil_monster

Welcome, S ... a thousand times, welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
09-04-2017, 09:10 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-04-2017, 09:14 AM
(09-04-2017 06:24 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:39 AM)Shirina Wrote:  Yeah ... I'm new.

I hate being new.

It's like moving to a brand new city where everyone's a stranger. All of the inside jokes, the "remember when ..." conversations, talk of old forum members that left years ago, all the while trying to get a handle on all the various personalities. Is this person a troll? Is this someone to take seriously? Can I just flame this guy because he's an utter moron?

Being new even runs the risk of mods thinking you're a sockpuppet. Yeah, that's happened to me before. "Wow, your posts sound just like so-n-so's posts -- are you *sure* you're not so-n-so?" Uh, no. Fortunately I've never been banned for mistaken identity. Not yet at any rate.

*sigh* And the thought of having to establish my credibility all ... over ... again.

With a whole new gaggle of people.

*double sigh*

I'm an old hand at forum debates. I'm fairly well known in some circles -- even if those circles have the radii of pinheads, cookie crumbs, and the average size snowflake. But hey, within those tiny zones I've built a comfort zone where everyone knows me (even people that I don't know back ... which is, well, creepy) so coming here is a bit like stepping out of that nice warm shower into the freezing air. No, it's never easy being new.

But here I am with my sardonic wit, wondering if this first post will pass moderator muster, mister, or if I'll be relegated to the ash bin of history, my post doomed to float forever in those dark nether regions between internet sites, buried alive ... buried alive ...

Pleased to meet you. I'd shake your hand but shoving my hand through the monitor usually ends badly for some reason. I'm still gnawing on why that is ...
Folks, you are in for a TREAT (rubs hands together). Shirna is an old friend from City-Data Atheism & Agnosticism forum. You're going to love her sense of humor, intelligence, wit and heart. Her deconstruction of dishonest arguments has been informally trademarked on C-D as "Shirina shellackings". In all the years she's posted there I've never known her to troll, bloviate ... or show mercy Evil_monster

> In that case, I'm looking forward to reading/participating in her discussions. Thumbsup
09-04-2017, 10:02 AM
(09-04-2017 09:14 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(09-04-2017 06:24 AM)mordant Wrote:  Folks, you are in for a TREAT (rubs hands together). Shirna is an old friend from City-Data Atheism & Agnosticism forum. You're going to love her sense of humor, intelligence, wit and heart. Her deconstruction of dishonest arguments has been informally trademarked on C-D as "Shirina shellackings". In all the years she's posted there I've never known her to troll, bloviate ... or show mercy Evil_monster

> In that case, I'm looking forward to reading/participating in her discussions. Thumbsup
Shame borgs not still here she could have raped his ass for him. Big Grin
09-04-2017, 03:52 PM
(09-04-2017 06:24 AM)mordant Wrote:  Welcome, S ... a thousand times, welcome.
Heh heh, I see that my reputation precedes me.

It is true -- I do give the fundevangelists a really hard time.

That will come, I'm sure. Right now, I'm being casual, laid-back, getting the measure of the people here, getting a feel for things.

Glad to be here -- and found this place by complete accident. This forum popped up while I was researching an argument on City-Data. I didn't even know mordant had an account here. It's awesome that we bumped into each other again (haven't seen you on C-D, mordant, not many familiar "faces" there anymore.)

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
09-04-2017, 04:19 PM
(09-04-2017 10:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Shame borgs not still here she could have raped his ass for him. Big Grin

I would have added his biological and technological distinctiveness to my own.

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
[+] 1 user Likes Shirina's post
09-04-2017, 04:35 PM
(08-04-2017 01:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Welcome. It's also not easy being cheesy.

It's also never easy, when yet fat and sleazy.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Or wheazy... Cigarettes'll kill ya! Tongue

Welcome to TTA, Shirina. Shy

10-04-2017, 03:23 PM
It's not easy ... being new.
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
13-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Welcome to our miserable world, you should find it fun. [Image: B9xOmOx.gif?zoom=2]

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself