It's not easy ... being new.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 02:34 PM
RE: It's not easy ... being new.
Welcome Smile I've seen a few of your posts, they're good shit Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2017, 05:36 PM
It may not be easy, but you're killing it.

Welcome! Go forth and have fun.
13-04-2017, 05:48 PM
(08-04-2017 09:39 AM)Shirina Wrote:  Yeah ... I'm new.

I hate being new.

It's like moving to a brand new city where everyone's a stranger. All of the inside jokes, the "remember when ..." conversations, talk of old forum members that left years ago, all the while trying to get a handle on all the various personalities. Is this person a troll? Is this someone to take seriously? Can I just flame this guy because he's an utter moron?

Being new even runs the risk of mods thinking you're a sockpuppet. Yeah, that's happened to me before. "Wow, your posts sound just like so-n-so's posts -- are you *sure* you're not so-n-so?" Uh, no. Fortunately I've never been banned for mistaken identity. Not yet at any rate.

*sigh* And the thought of having to establish my credibility all ... over ... again.

With a whole new gaggle of people.

*double sigh*

I'm an old hand at forum debates. I'm fairly well known in some circles -- even if those circles have the radii of pinheads, cookie crumbs, and the average size snowflake. But hey, within those tiny zones I've built a comfort zone where everyone knows me (even people that I don't know back ... which is, well, creepy) so coming here is a bit like stepping out of that nice warm shower into the freezing air. No, it's never easy being new.

But here I am with my sardonic wit, wondering if this first post will pass moderator muster, mister, or if I'll be relegated to the ash bin of history, my post doomed to float forever in those dark nether regions between internet sites, buried alive ... buried alive ...

Pleased to meet you. I'd shake your hand but shoving my hand through the monitor usually ends badly for some reason. I'm still gnawing on why that is ...

You're funny. You sound like someone who's moved around a lot. Meh either you'll piss everyone off, or you'll be a raging success story.... or maybe you'll never really make much of a mark worth noting, get depressed and try to find a new home elsewhere.

One things for sure, you'll never know if you never try. Good job on taking the first step. And seeing as you've already gained 8 rep points, I think you'll be alright.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin