It's not god's fault, it's ours because we have free will

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 12:36 PM by kim.)
RE: It's not god's fault, it's ours because we have free will
I present to you now, one of the greatest memories I hold dear from a similar conversation on this forum:
I even took a screen shot of it...
[Image: wank_zps06e7eb4e.jpg]

With this information Angel do what you will.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-05-2014, 12:13 PM
(27-05-2014 12:05 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 11:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: dead-horse.gif]

Its a 2000 year old religion. There are only dead horses.
He's got you there, KC. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-05-2014, 12:22 PM
It would be his fault for giving us free will in the first place. Drinking Beverage If hes omnipotent he would realize that in the future we would fuck up, so really every fuck up we make is his fault by default.
27-05-2014, 12:31 PM
(27-05-2014 10:39 AM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  How do you deal with the line if argument that god gave us free will and we have chosen to be bad.
God = good
Us = bad children
It's silly For me it seems that any god would have programmed us differently as to avoid all the centuries of killing
First of all we can only be "bad" because gawd supposedly created evil himself (Isaiah 45:7). It seems to me that there was no sensible reason for an all-loving, all-good gawd to create evil in the first place. Consider

On the charge that we, out of our free will, are the ones that are bad because we choose to sin, it strikes me a little like blaming a toddler for burning itself on a stove after being told the stove is hot AND being left alone next to the stove. Actually, the neglectful parent should get the blame. Gawd supposedly abandons us to our free will while surrounded by evil temptations in much the same way as that toddler is left alone next to the hot stove.

Then, about free will... that's usually the excuse given for why evil is allowed to exist and why gawd doesn't just make it disappear. We are told that gawd wants us to make the choice between good and evil so he allows evil to exist and gives us free will to choose. Or, to put it another way, gawd doesn't want to limit our free will. Isn't if funny though that he didn't want to remove evil because that would limit our free will, but he had no problem limiting our free will to fly unaided by machines by not giving us wings? It seems a lot more critical to prevent evil than to prevent independent flying, but apparently gawd had different ideas. There are countless ways in which our free will is limited. Therefore, not wanting to limit our free will is an inadequate explanation for why gawd allows evil. So that brings us right back to evil is gawd's fault.

But, of course, there is no gawd anyway, so "he" is off the hook. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
27-05-2014, 12:47 PM
(27-05-2014 12:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 12:05 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Its a 2000 year old religion. There are only dead horses.
He's got you there, KC. Consider

Moot point.

I don't believe in free will.

ZINGGGGGGGGGGG

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-05-2014, 12:48 PM
(27-05-2014 10:39 AM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  How do you deal with the line if argument that god gave us free will and we have chosen to be bad.
God = good
Us = bad children
It's silly For me it seems that any god would have programmed us differently as to avoid all the centuries of killing
How do I deal with this line of argument?
I don't. It's all bullshit.
But for the sake of the thread...
The phrase "god gave us free will" is nonsense. I see no reason to accept that god or free will exists.
27-05-2014, 01:05 PM
(27-05-2014 12:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 12:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  He's got you there, KC. Consider

Moot point.

ZINGGGGGGGGGGG

Prior moot point to your belief ... there is no god.

BAHDAHBOOM!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-05-2014, 01:09 PM
(27-05-2014 01:05 PM)kim Wrote:  
(27-05-2014 12:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Moot point.

ZINGGGGGGGGGGG

Prior moot point to your belief ... there is no god.

BAHDAHBOOM!

[Image: 6676053_15603540_b.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
27-05-2014, 01:14 PM
[Image: tumblr_m7qsxrSTRe1ralcibo1_500.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-05-2014, 01:15 PM
(27-05-2014 01:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_m7qsxrSTRe1ralcibo1_500.jpg]

Stop trolling. It's obviously Goku.