It's not really "Christmasy" here in the PH

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Thumbs Down It's not really "Christmasy" here in the PH
For those who haven't heard:
http://www.keywordspeak.com/2011/12/bagy...-toll.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: "I can't believe we're praying and thanking the same God who gave us this tragedy"
Friend: "That's not God, this is our fault, we abused God's gift which is the Earth and it's resources and now we're facing the consequences"
M: "*tactical facepalm* But everything good that happens on Earth is God's work?"
F: "Yeah, and I don't think God would kill a lot of people just to prove a point"
M: "Old Testament?"
F: "Shut up :|"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whelp, Christ is really in our Christmas this year, eh?

I honestly do not know what to say to people whenever we talk about the storm. It's like:
Person: "We can always pray for them, right?"
Me: "Err, y-yeah, prayer *bad pokerface*"

I also do not know what to say to people who have donated and helped. It's like:
Person: "God bless all the people who helped and donated!"
Me: "Err, y-yeah, God bless them! *bad pokerface*"

I was surprised whilst watching the news,
they had this list of the people and organizations who have contributed the most to help the people hit by the storm, and they did not have any Church or Religious Organization on the list (though I'm not really sure). A notable one on the list would be an airline who gave free service to transport donations to the storm-stricken area. I was disgusted by this one News station which, instead of focusing on the tragedy, took more time into telling us about how the President visited the area. That's pretty cool. But then they showed CELEBRITIES visiting the area. Oh boy!, here comes those millionaires arriving in there blatantly expensive jewelry and clothes, obviously not dressed to help distribute the canned goods, etc. whose main goal is to make sure that they were recorded arriving on the area, the footage broadcasted to the whole nation, then leaving on the same day :|. I'm not really sure how a bunch of plain ACTORS are supposed to give HOPE to the people, I have much more respect for those celebrities who didn't go to the area, but still took the time to donate maybe a large amount and not demanding mass attention for it. Oh shit, News Station, I don't give a single fvck about the celebrities who are scheduled and are ABOUT to go to the area.

Great respect for all the reporters out there.

I just felt really sorry for the people who lost their homes and had to celebrate "CHRIST"mas in an evacuation center with missing family members.

I'd just like to reach out to any Filipino members of this forum; please do donate ASAP, even the smallest donations can go a long way, and for those who have donated, THANK YOU.

For us Filipinos; Hope and Courage! Leggo!

Taking Christ out of Christmas; Merry asdfMas everybody!

Sht :|.

Honesty is not doing what is right because you fear that there is someone watching over you, Honesty is doing what is right even when there is no one looking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: It's not really "Christmasy" here in the PH
I think you should changed 'honesty' in your sig to 'honor'.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply